The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not even fight night and Texas are already being suspicious

+3
Diego408
captainanddew
NJBeatdown86
7 posters

Go down

It's not even fight night and Texas are already being suspicious Empty It's not even fight night and Texas are already being suspicious

Post  Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Texas is a state that has been mired in boxing controversy in recent years, but that doesn't seem to concern their commission officials enough to make them ensure a level playing field, apparently.

Moments ago at the weigh-in for tomorrow's WBC middleweight championship fight between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and top contender Andy Lee, representatives of Lee requested to weigh both camp's gloves.

That request was denied by Texas Commission Sports Inspector Robert Tapia.

"They brought their own gloves and we brought ours," explained Lee's manager, Perry Mandera, "so we thought in the interest of full disclosure and a level playing field, we would weigh both pairs. We weighed ours out in the open in front of everyone. They would not put theirs on the scale. So, I requested Robert Tapia to make them do it. He told me 'I'm the boss here. I say whether or not we inspect the gloves and we're not going to.'"

Mandera says he then requested Chavez trainer Freddie Roach to weigh the gloves in the spirit of fairness. "He pushed past me and said 'we don't have to, so we're not going to.'"

Lee's team say after today's incident, they are left hoping there won't be any other questionable conduct surrounding this fight.

"We just want everything fair. I don't know why they wouldn't drop the gloves on a scale to remove any doubt about a pair of gloves they brought themselves. Yes, it's a new pair, but you ever buy a pair of shoes that say size 10 and they're not? That's all we were trying to resolve. So why won't they weigh the gloves?"

http://www.boxingscene.com/controversy-already-breaks-out-chavez-lee-weigh---54018

Back to top Go down

It's not even fight night and Texas are already being suspicious Empty Re: It's not even fight night and Texas are already being suspicious

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:27 pm

Barring Gov. Perry cracking down on Dick Cole's kingdom (probably is buddy-buddy with him) the only thing that will stop Texas is a federal commission.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

It's not even fight night and Texas are already being suspicious Empty Re: It's not even fight night and Texas are already being suspicious

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:54 pm

wonder how much Sulaiman has given to Texas for this fight. Remember, per Steve Kim, the head of the WBC has honestly said that unspeakable things were done to Chavez Sr. by the judges in his draw against Whitaker. And per Kim, that motherfucker truly believes that.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:21 pm

These commissions are letting Top Rank promotions run the show.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:09 pm

is it standard for boxing gloves to be weighed??? I have no freaking idea.

If not, then why not?

Roach-i am beginning to hate that motherfucker. Talking shit all the time. Smug. He acts like a cunt alot of the time. No other way to put it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:54 am

I could be wrong, but I think this fight will be scored as close to perfect as humanly possible.

Boxing cannot afford another major embarassment.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:01 am

i cant understand why gloves like fighters are not weighed.even if its gloves supplied by the commision.if the fight says 8 oz or 10 oz then theres no reason to weigh them as standard procedure.
this thing by lees corner is i guess to get under everyones skin.thats a guess but texas could of said ok lets weigh the gloves its a resonable request.freddie yes many times can be a total jerkoff.
on another thought if they fight like how both fighters look then its going to be a lousy fight.
i cant believe this fight or thread is getting this much attention.neither fighter is elite nor a solid fighter with a good degree of talent.
simply put both are not middles.chavez is a legit 175 pounder lee 168-172...of course with real same day weight inns that is.
the comments made by jose or the texas commision saying look the 15 seconds it takes to weigh gloves we wont do is a farce..a minor one yes but a continuing string weekly of farces..yuck.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:05 am

Dmar, it's two guys with no defense that like to bang. Should be a fun fight. Two hall of famers are going at it in this one, it just happens to be the trainers. LOL.

People want to see Jr lose. I'm just picking Lee because of his background (Amateurs etc). If Jr can beat a guy like Lee it's a big step up.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:24 pm

The gloves should be supplied by either the commission or the sanctioning body, never by the camp.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down