The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rios fighting the pac vs JMM winner

+6
Tobe
Diego408
Soonermark890
GhettoWizard
Gumby
powerpuncher
10 posters

Go down

rios fighting the pac vs JMM winner Empty rios fighting the pac vs JMM winner

Post  powerpuncher Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:48 am

i think thats by far the best thing for rios if it can actually happen and this is why. first off, its a career payday either way, especially if its against pac. and second, both of these guys are on the decline. not that i would as of yet make him a favorite over either one of them, but he is tough enough and has a good enough punch to make things exciting if either of them have declined enough.

obviously if this were pac or JMM of a few years ago then i would say that rios has no chance. both of their legs are slowly fading and their speed is lessening. realistically, both could easily beat rios, but he is an exciting fighter and its a low risk very high reward fight for him. i wouldnt mind seeing the fight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

rios fighting the pac vs JMM winner Empty Re: rios fighting the pac vs JMM winner

Post  Gumby Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:17 am

I'd rather see Rios in with some of the other guys at 140. JMM would be a fun fight but I'm not sure I'd want to see him in there with Pac at 147. Given Rios' penchant for eating punches and Pac's knack for throwing tons of hard punches, it could be a scary night. I think Rios has a solid chin, but I don't think it's stronger than Margo or Mosley's and he would be taking the same type of punishment.

Rios looked great last night, but he also showed that he's much less imposing at 140. His punches didn't do as much damage and the punches landed on him did more damage than I've seen. For me, Rios at 140 is like Paul Williams at 154 back at his peak. He probably wasn't the best, but he could make an exciting fight with anyone and potentially beat anyone. At 160, he was in danger. There are a lot of fights for Rios to make. Personally, I'd like to see Holt or Ajose.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

rios fighting the pac vs JMM winner Empty Re: rios fighting the pac vs JMM winner

Post  GhettoWizard Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Arum controls the shots here so it makes total sense for him to stay on track doing large in house paydays. Manny is a small welter and they would probably do this at a catch weight. Rios is an easy 147 fighter with the frame and showed a great chin against another big jr welt last night,

GhettoWizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:10 pm

I hope Rios does't fight Pac. It could be the end of Rios. Just look what he did against Margo. Rios is not as big or as good as Margo. Rios would get killed.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:39 pm

I've been saying it for years, Alvarado sucks. I had picked Alvarado to win because I thought he could out punch Rios who's still not that good of fighter IMO. Yeah he's tough and hits hard, but there's many other fighters that can handle his style in Jr Welter and Welter. Marquez and Pacquaio will both beat Rios down easily. Rios should try to fight Danny Garcia after he beats Morales. Garcia vs Rios will sell and could be a very good fight. If Rios were to beat Garcia, it would make Rios vs the winner of Marquez-Pacquiao a lot more lucrative.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:18 pm

That was a fun brawl, but Rios gets eaten by either of those guys. Just not the same skill level at all.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Diego408 wrote:I've been saying it for years, Alvarado sucks. I had picked Alvarado to win because I thought he could out punch Rios who's still not that good of fighter IMO. Yeah he's tough and hits hard, but there's many other fighters that can handle his style in Jr Welter and Welter. Marquez and Pacquaio will both beat Rios down easily. Rios should try to fight Danny Garcia after he beats Morales. Garcia vs Rios will sell and could be a very good fight. If Rios were to beat Garcia, it would make Rios vs the winner of Marquez-Pacquiao a lot more lucrative.
Guys like Rios and Alvarado is why most of us became boxing fans. I want them to fight again. Or maybe Maidana vs Alvarado. That seems like a great matchup.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Rios vs Matthyse.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:45 pm

captainanddew wrote:Rios vs Matthyse.

I think you think as highly of Matthyse as I do. I think he is the best at 140. Rios would outwork him but can he last 12 with Matthyse? Very interesting fight.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:19 am

captainanddew wrote:Rios vs Matthyse.
on twitter, de la hoya said that he would be willing to make the match. i think that that would be a huge fight for rios and would really put him on the map. if he could beat matthysse, he becomes a top, if not the top 140 pounder. i do think that he has some good fights at 140 that would be good for him. im just saying that because arum is his and pacs promoter, he might make that fight and i wouldnt at all dislike it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Of course DLH would love to make Matthysse vs Rios. Lucas vs Brandon would make a war, but Lucas wins it. Rios doesnt have a chance in that fight. The guy is the best at 140, has very good skill and is tough as nails. If Mathhysse were to beat Rios, he gets put on the map. Arum isn't dumb enough to make it tho. If Rios is going to lose its going to be against another Top Rank opponent. Putting Rios in there against Matthysse would be a a stupid business move for Top rank. Top Rank is in it for Bob Arum, not the fans. If GBP had Rios and TR had Matthysse, DLH wouldn't even consider it lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:55 pm

poor bob he gets no love anywhere even when he gives us a great fight. golden boy has a great potential match and its in house.a fight that argentinians have wanted for a few years or better..maidana vs matthese.why are they avoiding that natural in house fight.arum would get that done of course but complaints will flow a inhouse fight.i agree that both promoters should work together but wont .arum seems to work good with all but golden boy.it is what it is..hey why doesnt golden boy make that fight.hell televise it from argentina if needed.
rios against both would make a terrfic fight.yes there a step up in level over alvardo at least matthesse is but rios will do ok for a while.maybe even win one of thoses fights.any of thoses fights including pac are very fan friendly.rios against garcia hell rios is in demand and thats fact.the fact that we are mentioning who he should fight or could fight is testimate that hes desireable in any matchup.and who wins.the anser is the fans.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Rios KO's Pac & JMM.....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:34 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Rios KO's Pac & JMM.....

As much as a Pac fan as I am, I don't know if Pac boxes enough to beat Rios. I think JMM can win a lot of rounds but Rios could possibly get him out late. Its crazy for me to say that after Abril destroyed Rios.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:26 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:

As much as a Pac fan as I am, I don't know if Pac boxes enough to beat Rios. I think JMM can win a lot of rounds but Rios could possibly get him out late. Its crazy for me to say that after Abril destroyed Rios.
Pac hits harder than anyone rios has faced and his speed would be WAY too much for Rios. JMM would be a better match for Rios because JMM doesnt have the same gifts. People who are freak athletes are the types that beat the hell out of a Rios. Floyd and Pac are the two that come to mind that Rios should avoid. Everyone else that is great is a toss up.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:04 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

Pac hits harder than anyone rios has faced and his speed would be WAY too much for Rios. JMM would be a better match for Rios because JMM doesnt have the same gifts. People who are freak athletes are the types that beat the hell out of a Rios. Floyd and Pac are the two that come to mind that Rios should avoid. Everyone else that is great is a toss up.
...ill buy that.it makes sence.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:03 am

dmar5143 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

...ill buy that.it makes sence.
like i said before, i few years ago, both of them would for sure destroy rios because they were both way too good. now, they may still both destroy him but i am not 100% on that. i think that rios could at least make it exciting for a little while at least.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

Pac used to hit harder....2 years ago I would've agreed with you. Now, I don't think so. He couldn't even hurt Bradley, who was dropped by much lesser fighters than Manny. His body doesn't look the same, nor does his aggressiveness in the ring. A guy like Rios will keep coming and maybe that will be his downfall, but I think he wears down Pacquiao....maybe I'm crazy.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:24 am

your not crazy panther.anything can happen in a shootout..rios body work can be a good advantage.his punch volume also.pacs face could get busted up..pac could win and should be a good 4 to 5 to 1 favorite but i dont count out rios in a shootout.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 pm

dmar5143 wrote:your not crazy panther.anything can happen in a shootout..rios body work can be a good advantage.his punch volume also.pacs face could get busted up..pac could win and should be a good 4 to 5 to 1 favorite but i dont count out rios in a shootout.
I really think Rios would be a live dog in the fight.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:01 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:your not crazy panther.anything can happen in a shootout..rios body work can be a good advantage.his punch volume also.pacs face could get busted up..pac could win and should be a good 4 to 5 to 1 favorite but i dont count out rios in a shootout.
I really think Rios would be a live dog in the fight.
I think if he somehow manages to make it 12 rounds with Pac it would be a shutout. Also my guess is that Pac KO's him within 5
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down