The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL predictions

+3
Diego408
dmar5143
Frank
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NFL predictions Empty NFL predictions

Post  Frank Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:37 am

Last year, I did projections for every division. I was surprisingly accurate, given the fact that I'm not psychic. This year I won't do it. Why? Because I'm searching for money and I don't have a bookie that's paying me to do that. LOL Though I predicted the SB would be NE Pats vs. GB Packers, I did have the Pats at 13-3 and the Giants at 9-7.

This year, the AFC is bringing back the same shit as last year. No need to go into specifics. NE Pats have defensive problems, and the Steelers are getting older. The Ravens will once again manage to lose in the playoffs. The X Factor in the AFC is Andrew Luck.

The NFC is full of talented teams, but if you're a betting man (and I strongly discourage the practice) put your money on the Pac.

Since the AFC doesn't excite me this year, I'm going to stick with my team, the Steelers. Our QB will stay away from hard drinking (which means he won't be up for rape this year.) and lead us to the SB. Once again, we will be handed our ass by the GB Packers. My Call

Please, let's have some fun and let me know what your predictions are.

I think some interesting questions are:

1. Will Atlanta manage to win a play off game if they can manage to get there?

2. After Dallas goes straight to hell this year due to the idiot thinking of Jerry Jones, what will be the future of Tony Romo?

3. Will someone kill Michael Vick on the field? (I'm a dog lover.)

4. How much damage will Randy Moss cause the 49ers?

5. How long will it take the Jets to realize they're really not very smart?

6. After 14 seasons in the NFL and 4 neck operations, how long will Peyton Manning hold up?

7. Will NFL fans have a new respect for the Refs after seeing the job the replacement Refs do?

8. Will someone knock the shit out of Victor Cruz after he does that fucking dance in the end zone. I'd laugh my ass off. That alone would make the season worth watching.

Last edited by Frank on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

NFL predictions Empty Re: NFL predictions

Post  dmar5143 Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:36 pm

good humor frank.as long as the jets have rex blowheart there not that smart.i like your comment on king rex lol the steelers qb and yes paytons health.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:27 am

NFC east: Cowboys looked good against the SB champs. Giants aren't going to repeat, their team regressed. Philly will be game through out the season if Vick stays healthy. Redskins will be last in the division because their team isn't that good. I expect RGIII to be a bright spot on the team and look better than Luck this season because his team is better overall but not by much. So the division is a toss up. Cowboys are probably the favorites to win the division as they've already beat the giants, but giants win when it counts and Cowboys fade in December. Vicks durability fucks Philly every time, but of he plays all 16 games they make the play offs. I only see one team from this division making the play offs.

NFC west: my 9ers will make the play offs again and win the division very early in the season again. At best they'll be 13-3 again. At Worst is 11-5. I think they may lose to Saints, Pats and packers. They'll sweep all their divisional games. The Cards and Rams are horrible. Hawks are the only threat but they aren't going anywhere with a rookie QB. The 9ers were able to bring all of their starters from last year besides OG Snyder, but he's mediocre at best. They've also brought Alex Smith weapons, but they were bought by the Yorks to take pressure off the running game. Smith cant do what he did against the Saints week after week. The Giants straight punked him in the NFC championship game. 49ers are always in close games when they play other good teams, so it will come down to Smith winning it for them during the play offs. Can Smith do it? I don't think so. The D will be great again and the running game will be a lot better.

NFC south: Bucs will be be better but won't make the play offs because Freeman is weak and so is their team as a whole regardless of bringing in Jackson and Evans. Saints and Falcons Are play off bound. Panthers will be a huge threat, but their team is way to young to beat ATL and NO. Cam will have another big season, but their defense isn't all that good.

NFC north: packers are winning it, that's all. The bears can possibly play spoiler to the lions in the play offs. Lions can make the play offs if they can beat the bears, but the bears did get better with bringing in Marshall and of Forte stays healthy and Cutler plays good like he did in Denver they can be in the play offs too. This division is good. Calvin will tear Ds again and Stafford will put up high numbers again because their running game is garbage. This is the best division in the NFC. This division will be very competitive and have two play off teams
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 am

Who's your SB pick, Diego?

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:34 am

I only made a summary on the NFC because is the conference I know best. ESPN has Broncos going lol. I think the Broncos at best are a wild card team. I think the Ravens will make the play offs and some how manage to beat the Pats in the Play offs. For the NFC its a toss up. Saints, Packers and SF are good enough to win it all. My biased opinion says 49ers.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:53 am

MY SB pick is the same every year. Raiders!
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Right now my predictions look like pure hell. LOL I mean, I say one thing and the complete opposite happens in the first week of regular season. Not to worry. They're 15 games left.

I'll say one thing that I bet nobody on any site nor any television network will even come close to saying. I'm rooting for the replacement refs. I know they'll start off making off the wall calls. That's the anxiety that should be expected in a new high pressure situation. By the time we get to game ten, the refs should be fine. Those of you who have experienced the school of hard knocks know that learning on the job is not easy, however it's really the only way to learn any job. These guys have the whole country watching their every move. Brave guys if you ask me.

My suggestion is to put bigger refs out there. The coaches will be less likely to get in their faces aka "Billy Martin" and make them feel like 2 cents. ( For those of you who don't know, the late Billy Martin was probably the most confrontational baseball manager in history.)

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:58 pm

I was pretty off, but at least my 49ers are Super Bowl contenders like I said after they upset the Packers at Lambaue.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:48 am

you can never really tell after 1 game. i think that you need at least 3 to see where the teams are headed. first games dont always tell what a team is going to be like for the rest of the season. i will wait a few more games to really make an assessment.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:39 am

powerpuncher wrote:you can never really tell after 1 game. i think that you need at least 3 to see where the teams are headed. first games dont always tell what a team is going to be like for the rest of the season. i will wait a few more games to really make an assessment.
I agree. However, it takes me 10 games to really figure out what's going on.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:11 am

Frank wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:you can never really tell after 1 game. i think that you need at least 3 to see where the teams are headed. first games dont always tell what a team is going to be like for the rest of the season. i will wait a few more games to really make an assessment.
I agree. However, it takes me 10 games to really figure out what's going on.
thats true. obviously the further into the season, the more you will know. unless of course its the giants and then they will barely make the playoffs and win the SB
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:18 am

I can't comment on most teams but the Pats D is solid. Our corners are questionable and our safeties aren't spectacular, but it won't be like last year. We can get pressure on the QB and have a lot of massive, smart linebackers. I think we're better than last year so let's see how healthy gus stay. Randy Moss will be fine on the 49ers, and they'll dominate the NFC.

My big prediction is that this will be Big Ben's last year as an elite QB. I expect more injuries to pile up and for him to possibly retire.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:00 pm

49ers smashed another playoff team. Raiders still suck balls hahaha
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Diego408 wrote:49ers smashed another playoff team. Raiders still suck balls hahaha
How do you feel about Carson Palmer right now?

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:06 pm

telltailtale wrote:
Diego408 wrote:49ers smashed another playoff team. Raiders still suck balls hahaha
He's not a bad QB, but they defiantly didn't get the value from what they traded for him. I just think his team doesn't have enough talent. The defense is horrible. Bush ripped them like he was playing a college team.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Diego408 wrote:
telltailtale wrote:
He's not a bad QB, but they defiantly didn't get the value from what they traded for him. I just think his team doesn't have enough talent. The defense is horrible. Bush ripped them like he was playing a college team.
Would you be interested in a guy like Plexico Burress? He was a decent redzone threat last season and looks like he is in great shape. I agree, Carson is decent. Also how do you feel about not having Michael Bush this season? He was a nice luxury to have.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:19 pm

telltailtale wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
telltailtale wrote:
Would you be interested in a guy like Plexico Burress? He was a decent redzone threat last season and looks like he is in great shape. I agree, Carson is decent. Also how do you feel about not having Michael Bush this season? He was a nice luxury to have.
The 49ers don't need a WR, I think carrying 6 is more than enough. I'm not a raider fan but I love watching them lose. In the California they have too many load mouth fans. I don't think Raiders could afford key players in the off season. They were over the cap with their current sorry ass roster. In sure they would have loved to have Bush back but probably couldn't afford him. I don't think NFL teams want Plexico because of his age. The only way the raiders will ever be a good franchise again is if the Davis family sells the team. The Davis family has been trading away too many high draft picks and ruining the teams future because they don't bring in enough talent. They need to learn how to build from the draft and scout well. Too many of their draft picks haven't been working out for them.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Oh my bad I thought maybe you pulled for both teams. You don't think Al Davis was the only problem there? I don't know enough about the rest of the Davis'. Seems like Oakland could use a redzone threat like Plexico, who should be very cheap right now.
49ers are scary good right now. They just need to stay healthy and they will have a good chance to make it all the way this season. Getting Jacobs healthy should only help. Hunter is a good change of pace back but a Jacobs-Gore combo could really wear down a defense. Vernon Davis is just a monster.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:46 pm

telltailtale wrote:Oh my bad I thought maybe you pulled for both teams. You don't think Al Davis was the only problem there? I don't know enough about the rest of the Davis'. Seems like Oakland could use a redzone threat like Plexico, who should be very cheap right now.
49ers are scary good right now. They just need to stay healthy and they will have a good chance to make it all the way this season. Getting Jacobs healthy should only help. Hunter is a good change of pace back but a Jacobs-Gore combo could really wear down a defense. Vernon Davis is just a monster.
The 49ers have a lot of bright spots this season. With Manningham, Moss, too add on with Crabtree, has made Smith a lot better. Davis is going to be all pro now that he's a lot more involved in the passing game since he looked like a beast in last years play off games. Smith is doing great in Harboughs system and it's the first time he has had the same offensive system two years in a row. Jacobs, Gore and Hunter make one of the nfls best back fields, they'll have the a top 5 running game by seasons end. Their offensive line are great run blockers. Even The WRs block and Davis is also a very good run blocker. The Defense is great and is the best in the NFL. They brought all the starters from last year also. No one can run it on them and their pass defense isn't bad either because they have a great pass rush. The team looks Super Bowl bound. They'll make the play offs but anything can happen in the play offs, last year proved it.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Yeah the 49ers look great, like the best team in the NFL right now. But the NFC is going to be tough. I think Packers and Bears will both be good by the time the season is over. Seattle is a tough team with probably the best secondary in the league right now. They are definitely tough at home. Giants could be tough by the end of the year and you have teams like Eagles, Cowboys and Lions who have potential. Almost forgot about the Falcons who look dangerous as well.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Tonight's game should be a good one. Hopefully Peyton looks good again tonight.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:09 am

:
telltailtale wrote:Tonight's game should be a good one. Hopefully Peyton looks good again tonight.
pale Hope is eternal, but it doesn't look like Petyon Manning is.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:29 am

Frank wrote: :
telltailtale wrote:Tonight's game should be a good one. Hopefully Peyton looks good again tonight.
pale Hope is eternal, but it doesn't look like Petyon Manning is.
Yeah it looked rough at times. Falcon's defense actually had Peyton confused, which is an odd thing to see. But I think Peyton will be fine, I think he will still have a very good season and Denver will make the playoffs. Falcons are looking legit though. Might be the 2nd best team in the league next to the 49ers.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Diego408 wrote:I only made a summary on the NFC because is the conference I know best. ESPN has Broncos going lol. I think the Broncos at best are a wild card team. I think the Ravens will make the play offs and some how manage to beat the Pats in the Play offs. For the NFC its a toss up. Saints, Packers and SF are good enough to win it all. My biased opinion says 49ers.
Wow Im good.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 am

Diego408 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:I only made a summary on the NFC because is the conference I know best. ESPN has Broncos going lol. I think the Broncos at best are a wild card team. I think the Ravens will make the play offs and some how manage to beat the Pats in the Play offs. For the NFC its a toss up. Saints, Packers and SF are good enough to win it all. My biased opinion says 49ers.
Wow Im good.
You predicted the Super Bowl before the season started. Not bad.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next