The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Welterweight Tournament (Final 4)

3 posters

Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Welterweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Welterweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  freakzilla Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Just vote for who you think would win each fight if both fighters were at their peak in a 15 round fight.

1. Sugar Ray Robinson vs Tommy Hearns
2. Sugar Ray Leonard vs Henry Armstrong
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Welterweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Welterweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  freakzilla Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 pm

1. Sugar Ray Robinson vs Tommy Hearns
2. Sugar Ray Leonard vs Henry Armstrong
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Welterweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Welterweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  powerpuncher Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:37 am

robinson-ive kind of explained this fight in another thread but ill do it again. i think that hearns could win a lot of the early rounds and even be in the lead later in the fight by using his quick jab to stay away from robinson while still landing punches and scoring. robinson is used to being the longer guy at welter so hearns would be different. but when it comes down to it, around the 9th or 10th round, robinson would realize that the fight is close and would close it with a KO.

leonard-another tough fight for leonard. again, welterweight wasnt armstrongs best weight IMO. he is small. i think because of that, leonard capitalizes and picks apart armstrong. armstrong will have his moments but he leads in with his head which is not a good thing against someone lightning fast like leonard who will land some big shots. i think in a semi competitive fight, leonard TKOs armstrong in the 13th because of cuts.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:22 am

[quote="freakzilla"]Just vote for who you think would win each fight if both fighters were at their peak in a 15 round fight.

1. Sugar Ray Robinson vs Tommy Hearns (Good fight. I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy knocked him down early, however Robinson gets up and puts Hearns away late.

2. Sugar Ray Leonard vs Henry Armstrong[/(Great fight. I have Leonard winning a split decision in a fight that warrents a rematch.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:43 pm

So far-

1. Sugar Ray Robinson 3-0 Tommy Hearns
2. Sugar Ray Leonard 3-0 Henry Armstrong

No more votes?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down