The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guzman vs Khan?

5 posters

Go down

Guzman vs Khan? Empty Guzman vs Khan?

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:30 pm

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/amir-khan-could-face-joan-guzman-comeback-fight
Joan Guzman is being lined up to fight Amir Khan in December, according to sources in the Dominican Republic, Guzman's home country.

Long established Dominican newspaper El Caribe reported today that their information comes from 'a highly reliable source'.

According to the newspaper, the classy though indisciplined Guzman, still unbeaten at the age of 36 (33-0-1) and a former two-weight world champion, was looking to meet the Mexican Pablo Cesar Cano for the IBF title; Cano is now expected to challenge Paulie Malignaggi for the New Yorker's WBA belt.

New York and Miami are being considered as venues for the match, according to the source, which would be for some kind of WBA title.

One significant hurdle to this match is that HBO - which showcases Khan in the US as part of their deal with the Bolton man's stateside promoter Golden Boy - would be going out on a limb entertaining Guzman, who has proved himself unreliable more than once when making weight in title contests, having failed against both Nate Campbell and Ali Funeka.

Boxing Scene ran some quotes last week from Jose Nunez, Guzman's manager, saying that whilst they were keen on a Khan fight, they didn't want to wait for him to decide and were instead negotiating to fight unbeaten Russian contender Khabib Allakhverdiev.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Guzman vs Khan? Empty Re: Guzman vs Khan?

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Get it signed. Good fight
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:38 am

they better make it a catchweight of 160 just to make sure that guzman makes weight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:15 am

powerpuncher wrote:they better make it a catchweight of 160 just to make sure that guzman makes weight.

No kidding. They should demand in the contract that he must be within 6 pounds of the weight a 20 days before the fight
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:49 pm

Well at least khan doesn't have to worry about getting knocked out by Guzman. Guzman is a very weak puncher. Khan will win. The only time khan loses is by someone who's a dangerous puncher. I however don't count Peterson as he was taking PEDs and I thought Khan should have won the Desicion.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Diego408 wrote:Well at least khan doesn't have to worry about getting knocked out by Guzman. Guzman is a very weak puncher. Khan will win. The only time khan loses is by someone who's a dangerous puncher. I however don't count Peterson as he was taking PEDs and I thought Khan should have won the Desicion.
Guzman is a helluva lot better boxer than Khan...or Peterson, or Garcia.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:28 am

flapanther2001 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Well at least khan doesn't have to worry about getting knocked out by Guzman. Guzman is a very weak puncher. Khan will win. The only time khan loses is by someone who's a dangerous puncher. I however don't count Peterson as he was taking PEDs and I thought Khan should have won the Desicion.
i would say that he WAS a better boxer. he is 36 now. he is definitely getting up there in years. i used to think that guzman was going to be a great fighter. i remember when there was talk about him fighting pac and actually thinking that he had a good chance to win. he hasnt done anything in his career for years though so im expecting him to lose.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Guzman won't beat khan. He'll get out pointed. Guzman however did waste his prime and career. Had he been disciplined, he would of gotten a big fight by now, but he wasted his talent and career because he's lazy and unfocused.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:47 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
i would say that he WAS a better boxer. he is 36 now. he is definitely getting up there in years. i used to think that guzman was going to be a great fighter. i remember when there was talk about him fighting pac and actually thinking that he had a good chance to win. he hasnt done anything in his career for years though so im expecting him to lose.
He's 36 & hasn't been hit....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down