The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a job Manny ?

4 posters

Go down

Looking for a job Manny ? Empty Looking for a job Manny ?

Post  Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:17 am

“I thought that, when Amir got caught, it was nothing that he did wrong,” Steward added. “He didn’t do anything wrong. He was just in the middle of an exchange and Garcia caught him with a shot. From that point on, he did a great job of finishing him, because he never got overexcited and started throwing wild punches. He placed his punches very carefully.”

And even though this setback may look disastrous on the surface, Steward stayed classy while giving Khan his respect.

“I give Amir Khan a lot of credit, being hurt the way he was, he still gave us almost a total of three or four minutes of Gatti-Ward action,” Steward said. “He was fighting the best he could, even though he didn’t have control of his coordination. He was groggy but he still knew what was going on. He was still fighting. He fought all the way through that round and came back the next round and still fought his *ss off again until he was finally stopped. I give him a lot of credit and a whole lot of credit for Garcia being consistent.”

Still only 25 years old, the Garcia fight marks Khan’s third loss as a professional, as he dropped a split-decision to Lamont Peterson this past December while being halting in harrowing fashion by Breidis Prescott in September of 2008. There is an extreme uncertainty as to what the future holds for Khan and at this point it can be hard to see all of the positives that he still has going for himself.

Steward wants to see Khan again but also suggests that he take some time off.

“Everybody in boxing for the most part is writing him off, saying he should quit,” Steward pointed out. “The fact that he’s been hurt so many times this early in his career, I guess this is about the fourth or fifth time now, I think he should take the time off. I think he should fight again. Unlike everyone else said, I didn’t see a weak chin, he just got caught. This just happens. Anytime you’ve got guys exchanging, it happens.”

Well-versed in fine-tuning several world-class fighters in his day, there are some deficiencies that Steward would change if he was handling Khan.

“He’s got to work on one particular punch. Every time I visualize him, I always see him getting hit with clubbing right hands and his body swaying off to the right. Whether it was Lamont Peterson or Maidana or in this fight, even though he was hurt initially with a left look. He needs to work on his boxing and work on building up a defense for right hands. And just settle down; I still think he’s a very good fighter,” stated Steward.

http://www.boxingscene.com/steward-praises-khan-offers-some-advise-rebuild--55192

Back to top Go down

Looking for a job Manny ? Empty Re: Looking for a job Manny ?

Post  captainanddew Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:46 pm

would manny like to work with khan? I'm sure he would. But he isn't whoring himself trying to get another job. Manny is plenty busy between training wlad (and a few other fighters) and his HBO gig.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:38 am

i think that whether or not you think that its roach's fault (since some people think its not), a trainer change would still help.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:43 pm

If Khan leaves Roach I think that's more to do with Freddie's commitment to Pac than anything about how he's training Amir. Not to say Steward couldn't help him or wouldn't be a good fit, I just think playing second fiddle in Pac's camp is wearing on Khan.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:04 pm

"I've had so many trainers approach me in the past week: Steward is the main one who's approached me," Khan told Sky Sports News. "Many trainers have said they can make me into a big, unbeatable fighter. It's all about taking my time on this, it's a big decision to make. I'm still with Freddie at the moment, but in a week's time things might change.

"It's all about seeing who might suit my style, who might help me on my offence, who might help me on my defence. I think I'm one of the best offensive fighters in the world, I just need to work on my defence. I really think to be one of the leading fighters, you need to have both. There are going to be a lot of things I'm going to change, but you will see a new Amir Khan."

http://www.boxingscene.com/amir-khan-replace-roach-with-emanuel-steward--55678

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:30 am

nazim my man.kahn should call him .freddies out but the confidence by kahn in otheres seems like mannys got the inside track and if nazim called i think he would of mentioned his name also..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:38 am

nazim has the time to make kahn number 1.moselys gone bo-hop is on his way to retirement soon he doesnt have dozens of top fighters like manny or freddie.its a good match.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:04 pm

boxingscene contacted Manny. He said he hadn't been contacted by anyone at Khan's camp, hadn't called anyone, had never spoken to anyone, etc..

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:41 pm

captainanddew wrote:boxingscene contacted Manny. He said he hadn't been contacted by anyone at Khan's camp, hadn't called anyone, had never spoken to anyone, etc..

...interesting.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:43 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:boxingscene contacted Manny. He said he hadn't been contacted by anyone at Khan's camp, hadn't called anyone, had never spoken to anyone, etc..

...interesting.

boxingscene was the ones pushing Manny was pushing for the Khan job in the first place. Boxingscene has way too many rumors. When something ends up being true then great, but often they don't have strong sources.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down