The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roach on all things Khan

5 posters

Go down

Roach on all things Khan Empty Roach on all things Khan

Post  Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:43 am

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/173929-roach-

It's too long to paste here but Freddie's really frank and honest in the interview, he said if Khan opted to look for a new trainer he'd even help him, now that's a classy guy.

Back to top Go down

Roach on all things Khan Empty Re: Roach on all things Khan

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:10 pm

it was surprisingly a good interview. i want to hear what khan has to say to about it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Khan would be good with Manny Stewart.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:08 pm

It was a good read. In the past it has been brought up if maybe Roach is stretching himself to thin to really be at the top of his game, well I believe he has been blessed with TALENTED fighters who have kind of worked as a team mainly Pac and Khan training together in the Philippines , sparring, using Ariza as the conditioning coach etc and also Chavez Jr to a degree going to LA and also using Ariza. Now with Ariza not working with Khan and leaving Pacs camp for a week or so during his training for Bradley and the fact that All three guys have fought pretty good comp lately Chavez vs Lee, Pac facing a prime no catch weight fighter in Bradley and Khan fighting Peterson and Garcia back to back. That talent alone will not get these guys thru some of these fights without a loss. Khan should hire Roger or as rumored Brother Naz to be with him full time!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 pm

brother naz is perfect.roger ok also.its interesting freddie said kahn has to do this do that stop doing this..this is whats needed..well did freddie work on thoses things at all before.ill bet no...
its just like he said after the marquez fight.we have to work on fighting counterpunchers..realy.you had 2 fights with him before.what did you do to work on fighting a counterpuncher then..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:31 pm

Roach is a good trainer. Now I'm not like some people who think he's some God, but I do give him credit.

It's just funny that now, according to Khan, it's all Roach's fault. Before he got with Roach, it was his previous trainer's fault, and so on and so on. People seem to forget that Khan switched trainers right before the Prescott fight. And once he leaves Roach, and gets beat again, it will be whoever his next trainer is, fault. See a pattern here.

The biggest problem, the constant problem in this equation is KHAN!!! I don't care if he had Cus or Angelo Dundee, he is who he is. He is the same flashy, somewhat power-puncher, who has good speed, a TERRIBLE chin, no head movement, and bad fundamentals(especially on the inside).

He has already went through 3 trainers in a short amount of time. You mean to tell me THEY are all of the problem?

People need to realize, and Amir Khan especially needs to realize...he's a good fighter, but he's knowhere near as good as he, or some of his supporters think he is. He will win most of his fights going foward, but he will also lose fights to top opposition, and will probably be KO'd again. It just is what it is.

This isn't Roach's fault at all...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:19 am

i think that roger would be great for him because he would put him in his place which is exactly what khan needs.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:57 am

powerpuncher wrote:it was surprisingly a good interview. i want to hear what khan has to say to about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down