The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roach wants Khan to punish Rios for mocking him

+6
SlickMoney
powerpuncher
Diego408
captainanddew
Rum Capital
GrantZilla
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roach wants Khan to punish Rios for mocking him Empty Roach wants Khan to punish Rios for mocking him

Post  Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:15 pm

“Amir Khan will expose Brandon Rios at 140,” Roach stated in an exclusive interview with John McCormick at BoxingTalk.com. “I definitely want to see that fight. I want Amir to stay at 140 and beat Rios just for me. Brandon Rios made fun of me before with my Parkinson’s, and even though it was funny, I feel I was disrespected. Brandon is an exchange fighter. He doesn’t even know how to throw a feint, he has no game plan and you can tell.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-i-want-khan-avenge-me-punish-brandon-rios--47012

Back to top Go down

Roach wants Khan to punish Rios for mocking him Empty Re: Roach wants Khan to punish Rios for mocking him

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:18 pm

The Roach better talk to Arum about that, because BobFather will never match Rios with Khan

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Roach wants Khan to punish Rios for mocking him Empty Re: Roach wants Khan to punish Rios for mocking him

Post  Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:20 pm

GrantZilla wrote:The Roach better talk to Arum about that, because BobFather will never match Rios with Khan

I don't know Khan's the man at 140lb, Bob might be a stubborn old prick but he's not a fool.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:The Roach better talk to Arum about that, because BobFather will never match Rios with Khan

I don't know Khan's the man at 140lb, Bob might be a stubborn old prick but he's not a fool.

Arum will wait until Khan moves to welter, then have Rios move in.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:25 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Arum will wait until Khan moves to welter, then have Rios move in.

Rios is already moving up.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Rios is already moving up.

I know. He's going to have Rios fight fringe contenders at Jr Welter until Khan moves to Welter. Arum will use the exscuse "It's a new division, we got to take a easy" shit.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:28 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Rios is already moving up.

I know. He's going to have Rios fight fringe contenders at Jr Welter until Khan moves to Welter. Arum will use the exscuse "It's a new division, we got to take a easy" shit.

Hopefully Bob makes use of Bradley and matches him with Rios.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:33 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Hopefully Bob makes use of Bradley and matches him with Rios.

More likely fight for in-house Bob

Funny how fast things can change in boxing. After Khan's KO loss to Prescott, you'd never think a fighter or promoters would duck Khan.

Yet, now that's the case.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:41 pm

“Amir Khan will expose Brandon Rios at 140,” Roach stated in an exclusive interview with John McCormick at BoxingTalk.com. “I definitely want to see that fight. I want Amir to stay at 140 and beat Rios just for me. Brandon Rios made fun of me before with my Parkinson’s, and even though it was funny, I feel I was disrespected. Brandon is an exchange fighter. He doesn’t even know how to throw a feint, he has no game plan and you can tell.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-i-want-khan-avenge-me-punish-brandon-rios--47012
lol!
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:46 pm

if Roach is serious, then Khan needs to call out Rios, if he wins Saturday. Call that motherfucker out. Talk mad shit.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:51 pm

captainanddew wrote:if Roach is serious, then Khan needs to call out Rios, if he wins Saturday. Call that motherfucker out. Talk mad shit.

That would work. Unlike Bitch Bradley who has no balls, Rios is a hot head. Khan calling him out and talking shit would get under his skin big time.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:56 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
captainanddew wrote:if Roach is serious, then Khan needs to call out Rios, if he wins Saturday. Call that motherfucker out. Talk mad shit.

That would work. Unlike Bitch Bradley who has no balls, Rios is a hot head. Khan calling him out and talking shit would get under his skin big time.

yeah it would. Rios is the type of guy who would tell Bob to get him the damn fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Rios and Arum dont want none of Khan.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:25 pm

rios would for sure fight him if the deal was on the table. arum wouldnt want to make the fight though. maybe in a few years but not right now.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:44 am

Arum is not making this fight. We all know he likes to keep things in-house. He'd make Rios vs Bradley/Alvarado first.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:47 am

This is what happens when Roach talks too much.

Roach also took a dig at Garcia during his interview, saying of the Rios-Murray scrap.

“The fight the other night was just two guys in a ring swinging at each other. There was a lot of action with no skill. It seems as if his coach isn’t teaching him any skill,” said Roach.

Garcia responded by pointing to a few of Roach’s recent appearances in the corner with Jorge Linares and then Manny Pacquiao. Linares was bloodied and stopped by Antonio DeMarco on October 15th despite starting strong while Pacquiao struggled against Juan Manuel Marquez last month despite pulling out the majority-decision verdict.

“I didn’t hear anybody say anything about him in the Linares fight,” said Garcia. “I guess he did everything right. Even though he lost and took a beating, I guess he did everything right. I didn’t hear anybody say anything about Freddie Roach after the Pacquiao-Marquez fight, so I guess he just never makes mistakes.”

OWNED.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:55 am

SlickMoney wrote:Arum is not making this fight. We all know he likes to keep things in-house. He'd make Rios vs Bradley/Alvarado first.

yup, still would love to see it
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:16 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:Arum is not making this fight. We all know he likes to keep things in-house. He'd make Rios vs Bradley/Alvarado first.

lmfao at your avatar. Oh and I don't understand the big deal with what roach said. It seemed really tame to me. Btw I would rather see Rios fight maidana first. That would be fucking awesome.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:43 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

lmfao at your avatar. Oh and I don't understand the big deal with what roach said. It seemed really tame to me. Btw I would rather see Rios fight maidana first. That would be fucking awesome.

He's saying that Rios has no skill, that he just gets in there and swings. Garcia is defending his guy and himself, if Roach says that Rios has no skill he's insinuating that Garcia didn't teach him any. It wasn't tame, it was a blatant dig at another fighter and potential opponent, the same shit that you and everyone else on here complain about Roger and Floyd Mayweather doing. There is no need to denigrate your opponent, it's classless. Roach should just tell Khan to call out Rios after his fight tomorrow.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:44 pm

I been saying forever that The Roach is nothing but an attention whore. He tries to steal the attention from his own fighters. And look what it's got him, a series on HBO
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:16 pm

I actually believe Rios would give Khan a tough fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I actually believe Rios would give Khan a tough fight.
i think its possible but we just have to see how he handles bigger fighters. if he handles the weight well, i believe that he would give khan problems.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:02 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I actually believe Rios would give Khan a tough fight.
i think its possible but we just have to see how he handles bigger fighters. if he handles the weight well, i believe that he would give khan problems.

He'll be in Khan's chest all night attacking his body, with Brandon's rock solid chin and S & M pain threshold Khan better not fade in the second half like he did against Maidana.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:07 am

After tonight I am even more convinced Rios gives Khan a tough night.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:56 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:After tonight I am even more convinced Rios gives Khan a tough night.
+1

rios would really hurt khan when he landed.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum