The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pac vs bradley PPV-pre, during, and post fight commentary

+9
SlickMoney
hardcorebee24
nano212
kbyte
Diego408
NJBeatdown86
flapanther2001
dmar5143
captainanddew
13 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

pac vs bradley PPV-pre, during, and post fight commentary - Page 9 Empty Re: pac vs bradley PPV-pre, during, and post fight commentary

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:14 am

even bradley knows he lost the fight..im going back to watch the tape to see if i won the fight.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

pac vs bradley PPV-pre, during, and post fight commentary - Page 9 Empty Re: pac vs bradley PPV-pre, during, and post fight commentary

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:15 am

dmar5143 wrote:even bradley knows he lost the fight..im going back to watch the tape to see if i won the fight.

i know that was so funny. Fighters think they win every round that don't get destroyed in. But he needs to check tthe tape.

he was happy to just make it through 12 rounds.

lol.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:17 am

Teddy Atlas is on ESPN claiming that Bradley got the decision because Pacquiao is about to leave Bob Arum.

https://twitter.com/Fork_Tongue/status/211686931627655168

Here we go.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:20 am

teddy called boxing a corrupt sport.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:21 am

teddy is the biggest of idiots..yep ...all of a sudden pacs leaving arum but nobody but teddy knew that.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:22 am

captainanddew wrote:teddy called boxing a corrupt sport.

It is. That was clearly a bullshit decision that has corruption written all over it. No Manny Floyd fight makes Arum happy. This is the worst big fight decision I've had the privilege to witness.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:24 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:

It is. That was clearly a bullshit decision that has corruption written all over it. No Manny Floyd fight makes Arum happy. This is the worst big fight decision I've had the privilege to witness.
..it ranks right up there.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:27 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:

This is the most blatant act of corruption i've seen in Boxing. This is Roy Jones at the Olympics in Korea.

I never believe in "the fix is in" arguments in past decisions that were bad. I always just chalked it up as judge incompetence. But this was just a set-up. No ifs, ands, or buts.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:29 am

SlickMoney wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

This is the most blatant act of corruption i've seen in Boxing. This is Roy Jones at the Olympics in Korea.

I never believe in "the fix is in" arguments in past decisions that were bad. I always just chalked it up as judge incompetence. But this was just a set-up. No ifs, ands, or buts.
...yep i agree.it makes you wonder for sure.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:29 am

SlickMoney wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Agreed, Emmanuel Steward looked like he was going to cry. Lampley looked like he was going to commit suicide and Arum looked all too happy.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:30 am

SlickMoney wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

I get pissy that Marquez didn't get the 2nd or 3rd fight against Pac. But those fights had so many close rounds.

this didn't.

to give Pac only 5 rounds is a travesty beyond belief.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:31 am

SlickMoney wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

And if Manny had any brains (we know that answer), he'd have realized what just happened and knocked the shit out of the Bobfather.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:32 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

And if Manny had any brains (we know that answer), he'd have realized what just happened and knocked the shit out of the Bobfather.

Let's hear what Roach and Ariza (two bigmouths) have to say.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:32 am

if i heared right one judge had pac lossing 8 out of the last 9 rounds.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:35 am

dmar5143 wrote:if i heared right one judge had pac lossing 8 out of the last 9 rounds.

what. are you kidding. He had bradley in some trouble in rounds 3-7. But somehow he wasn't winning those rounds.

this is corrup.t

i figured at the least a judge would have bradley winning first 2 rounds and then winning rounds near the end. How can he have lost 8 of final 9 rounds?

Last edited by captainanddew on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:49 am

captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:if i heared right one judge had pac lossing 8 out of the last 9 rounds.

what. are you kidding. He had bradley in some serious trouble in rounds 3-7. But somehow he wasn't winning those rounds.

this is corrup.t

i figured at the least a judge would have bradley winning first 2 rounds and then winning rounds near the end. How can he have lost 8 of final 9 rounds?
This shit makes me sick.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:32 am

I feel sick right now. Seeing all the casual fans bashing/mocking boxing on ESPN.com user comments... a sad day to be a boxing fan.

Time will heal the wounds of this incident, but that's only going to happen with Bradley either returning the belts or Pacquiao knocking him out in an immediate rematch followed by a Mayweather/Pacquiao super fight.

Those things literally HAVE to happen right now to win the fans back.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 am

Shaun wrote:I feel sick right now. Seeing all the casual fans bashing/mocking boxing on ESPN.com user comments... a sad day to be a boxing fan.

Time will heal the wounds of this incident, but that's only going to happen with Bradley either returning the belts or Pacquiao knocking him out in an immediate rematch followed by a Mayweather/Pacquiao super fight.

Fans will watch a rematch in hopes of seeing an Angry Pacquiao, much like the way they watch Mayweather to see if he'll lose.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:38 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Shaun wrote:I feel sick right now. Seeing all the casual fans bashing/mocking boxing on ESPN.com user comments... a sad day to be a boxing fan.

Fans will watch a rematch in hopes of seeing an Angry Pacquiao, much like the way they watch Mayweather to see if he'll lose.

True, but what about the other fights prior to the rematch? How are they going to promote those fights after this massive wound?
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:40 am

Shaun wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

True, but what about the other fights prior to the rematch? How are they going to promote those fights after this massive wound?

The same way they do now, we watch and noone else does anyway.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:45 am

Shaun wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

hardcore fans. You know you are a crazy boxing fan when you go on a forum, hear about a boxing card in Nicaragua or some godawful place, and you watch a stream of it and enjoy some fights. I don't remember the card, but about 2 yrs ago, Marble, myself, and 3-4 others watched a stream of some fights that looked like a middle school gym in Nicaragua or some other godawful country and had a great time. I think it had 1 legit top 10 ring ranked guy in the main event.

But we aren't normal. The casual boxing fans are the ones that make the PPVs work. The casual or somewhat dedicated boxing fans.

If you are a casual fan. You maybe have HBO or Showtime. You will watch a show here or there during the year and once a year some buddies will come over and you order a PPV. You saw this fight and all of you were pretty sure that one fighter won and comfortably. Are you going to buy the next PPV???

And while I hate PPV because I hate paying for shit. You do want some mega fights. You do need boxing to be in the limelight at least a few weeks a year. We do need casual fans for that.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:48 am

captainanddew wrote:
Shaun wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

hardcore fans. You know you are a crazy boxing fan when you go on a forum, hear about a boxing card in Nicaragua or some godawful place, and you watch a stream of it and enjoy some fights. I don't remember the card, but about 2 yrs ago, Marble, myself, and 3-4 others watched a stream of some fights that looked like a middle school gym in Nicaragua or some other godawful country and had a great time. I think it had 1 legit top 10 ring ranked guy in the main event.

But we aren't normal. The casual boxing fans are the ones that make the PPVs work. The casual or somewhat dedicated boxing fans.

If you are a casual fan. You maybe have HBO or Showtime. You will watch a show here or there during the year and once a year some buddies will come over and you order a PPV. You saw this fight and all of you were pretty sure that one fighter won and comfortably. Are you going to buy the next PPV???

Exactly, I work overnights as you all know (I'm at work now). I wake up early to jump on this site and watch Kell Brook fight in Manchester at 3pm EST on a shitty stream and hope that captain and dmar and Ali are posting so I can talk about the fight. I only post because I have no one else to talk boxing with. I love baseball but I don't post about it because I can BS with anyone about baseball.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:54 am

And (sounding like a total conspiracy theorist here) whose to say that Pac won't get screwed again? What's stopping Arum from trying to build up Bradley? I know i'm overreaching here, and the fans would never accept Bradley as a result, but Pac is turning 34 this year and nearing the end. Seeing as how Arum has no interest in putting together a fight with Flod, why doesn't his younger, American fighter get the nod in the rematch?

And yes that all sounds like a huge stretch , but it's something to think about at least.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:58 am

captainanddew wrote:You know you are a crazy boxing fan when you go on a forum, hear about a boxing card in Nicaragua or some godawful place, and you watch a stream of it and enjoy some fights. I don't remember the card, but about 2 yrs ago, Marble, myself, and 3-4 others watched a stream of some fights that looked like a middle school gym in Nicaragua or some other godawful country and had a great time. I think it had 1 legit top 10 ring ranked guy in the main event.

I remember that, Roman Gonzalez in the main event. We'll never stop watching, but it's the type of thing that just kills the casual audience. One of the many reasons boxing it a niche sport.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:48 am

SlickMoney wrote:This is the most blatant act of corruption i've seen in Boxing. This is Roy Jones at the Olympics in Korea.

I'm the same way. I don't throw out the word "fix" very often. But there is no fucking way to explain what went down. Zero.

This wasn't the hometown fighter getting a gift decision. Pac was the more popular fighter. This was pure corrupt likely from Arum.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next