The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am getting tired of post fight injuries/illness

+5
GrantZilla
kbyte
hardcorebee24
dmar5143
Diego408
9 posters

Go down

I am getting tired of post fight injuries/illness Empty I am getting tired of post fight injuries/illness

Post  Guest Mon May 07, 2012 11:39 am

"I was kinda sick and I was having hand problems," Mayweather said. "So I said, you know what, I still was training in the gym but I was using my hands real light. I didn't get to box the last week like I wanted to. So, you know, things happen. But the main thing is, we got the victory and that's the most important thing."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/1114/hand-issues-cold-dont-stop-floyd

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of hearing stuff like this ? Vitali, Ward and now Floyd.

I don't need to hear this and frankly I find it insulting to the opponents by claiming they weren't at a 100%, just do your job and enjoy your purse.

Back to top Go down

I am getting tired of post fight injuries/illness Empty Re: I am getting tired of post fight injuries/illness

Post  Diego408 Mon May 07, 2012 1:12 pm

He's using it as an excuse because this was another common opponent Pacquaio had, but Manny looked way better against (other than JMM of course)
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

I am getting tired of post fight injuries/illness Empty Re: I am getting tired of post fight injuries/illness

Post  dmar5143 Mon May 07, 2012 1:14 pm

i agree..its bullshit.for a so called hurt hand that must of healed by a miracle for floyd threw several hard punches with both hands.according to 90 percent of the fighters that have a so called hard fight is that they were hurt not 100 percent.it must be that most of todays fighters then must be made out of cottadge cheeze.i wish interviwers call it like it is a invalid made up excuse.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon May 07, 2012 2:28 pm

I wanna know what athlete is 100% 100% of the time. I absolutely hate when fighters do this shit. Only seems to be boxing.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Mon May 07, 2012 4:05 pm

I just disregard it unless its very obvious that there was something wrong with the fighter. Floyd was fine on saturday. Cotto just fought a very good fight.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 07, 2012 5:12 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I wanna know what athlete is 100% 100% of the time. I absolutely hate when fighters do this shit. Only seems to be boxing.

Because it's one on one and you can't hide behind the "it's a team effort." Remember Giselle blaming all the receivers for Brady's performance at the SB.

Injurry or not being "100%" is the only exscuse fighters have. But you're right, what athlete is always 100% all the time.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon May 07, 2012 7:13 pm

I agree with everyone saying no boxer is 100% on fight night. They have to train to be 100% of their current body's capability in the ring but going that hard in camp will get you dinged up.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 07, 2012 7:25 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I agree with everyone saying no boxer is 100% on fight night. They have to train to be 100% of their current body's capability in the ring but going that hard in camp will get you dinged up.

You're always go to have some kind of injurry in a contact sport. Even in the NBA the grind of the season is going cause aches and pains.

IF the NFL clamped down on the use of pain killers, there'd be no NFL. Because half the rosters wouldn't be able to play. It's been widely known that pain killers is widely used drug amongst NFL players.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon May 07, 2012 7:50 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I wanna know what athlete is 100% 100% of the time. I absolutely hate when fighters do this shit. Only seems to be boxing.
+1 Athletes are always hurt its part of it. I never had a full season without injuries of some kind.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 07, 2012 7:58 pm

my sophomore yr in college I messed up my ankle pretty damn bad(tore a couple of ligaments). I didn't complain. I was on crutches for a week and then I taped that shit up and played as much as I could. Had surgery on it, and blew it out again.

No one is 100%, especially athletes in their 30s.

boxers complaining after the fact is so damn annoying. You can fight or you can't. If it is bad enough to complain afterwards, then you shouldn't have been fighting.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Floyd's complaints are bullshit.

Being sick and hand issues have nothing to do with the fact that his defense isn't the greatest for a jab. Being sick and hand issues have nothing to do with the fact that he laid on the ropes.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 07, 2012 8:09 pm

I am sick of hearing it in general, if you're too injured or sick to fight then postpone or pullout otherwise keep it to yourself please.

Back to top Go down

Post  EnragedSlayer Mon May 07, 2012 11:31 pm

In Vitali's defense I seem to remember him trying to steer the post fight interview away from talking about his injury while they were asking questions about why he wasn't jabbing. I could be wrong, just had a final and a couple beers don't feel like looking the interview up.
EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down