The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts

2 posters

Go down

Random thoughts Empty Random thoughts

Post  Frank Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 am

(1) I keep trying to fit into this era of boxing, however just when I think I've become immune to the present day bullshit of certain fighters, they pull a stunt which only the dumbest of the dumb would buy. Yes, that was Mayweather who suggested that Cotto was undefeated.

If Cotto is undefeated, as Mayweather suggests, then so is Saddam Hussein. Hell, let's bring him in the ring against Floyd. A corpse entertained a whole audience in the movie "Weekend at Bernie's." Let's see what Saddam has. After all, by MWs definition of victory, Saddam is not only victorious, but alive and well living in his palace.

(2) Wlad Klit is fighting Tony Thompson for the so called HW Championship of the world next July. (If I"m off on the date, I really don't give a shit. Please don't correct me. I'd rather miss the fight.) True, Thompson gave Wlad his toughest fight as champion, which mostly consisted of showing little skill and lots of heart. Anyone know if Tony has learned to fight yet? If not... well, I'm sure nobody's mistaking this for a Bowe - Holyfield fight so I won't waste anymore space discussing this.

(3) B movie stuntman Bernard Hopkins is going to fight Chad Dawson again, huh? Well since Hopkins is really lousy at faking injuries, I'd advise him to get a better stunt coordinator. If he broke his ass on the way to the ring, he would save everyone a lot of time. However, this time, make it look real Bernard. We're talking about a possible new career here.

(4) Actually, Tim Bradley is a good opponent for Manny Pacquiao. Though I like Pac, he's stunk up the joint in his last two outings. If he's butted by Bradley, I suspect the tiger will come out again. If it doesn't, I'll have to say that this is one of the fastest declines of ability I've seen in any fighter. I don't expect to have to say that.

(5) Talking about Pacquiao, if he does well against Bradley, and Lamont Peterson beats Amir Kahn, I'd actually be excited about that contest.

(6) Just interested. Can anyone think of a knockout artist who couldn't knock out HOF fighter Ken Norton? For that matter, can anyone think of a scientific boxer who Norton wouldn't cause pure hell for?

(7) The more Mike Tyson is publicized, the more his success will be exaggerated. Either it's my imagination or Mike it being touted as another Ali, Louis, etc. The way fake legends develop is really interesting. As those fans and writers who watched people like Ali and Louis die off, Mike Tyson fans will continue to insist that he's the GOAT. All it takes is one or two good highlight films to convince most people of that. Thank God for You Tube. The thinking mans web site. LOL

(8) Just a thought. It's been almost a hundred years since Jack Johnson knocked out the front row of Stanley Ketchel's teeth in a HW Championship fight. Does anyone know where those teeth are? Laugh if you'd like, but I bet the boxing HOF would pay a fortune for them. LOL

(9) Please, please, please somebody talk to Terell Owens about becoming a professional boxer. I don't think he'd be successful, but the pleasure of seeing Owens get the living shit beat out of him can bring the HW division back, if only for a day.

(10) George Foreman once made a statement that he'd come out of retirement again at age 60. Anyone hear anything?

Last edited by Frank on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts Empty Re: Random thoughts

Post  shakefree Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:38 pm

a deep,thoughtful & organised mind you must have frank.not only do i disagree with little or any of your post,until you penned your thoughts,i honestly hadn't or wouldn't of pondered them & certainly wouldn't of remembered to number them )))
i would like to see big george at 60 fight a klit.now there's a fight for the ages!

shakefree

Back to top Go down