The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've lost all respect for the BWAA

+2
dmar5143
captainanddew
6 posters

Go down

I've lost all respect for the BWAA Empty I've lost all respect for the BWAA

Post  Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:09 pm

By a vote of the officers and the board of directors of the Boxing Writers Association of America, brothers Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko have been chosen to receive the James A. Farley Award for "Honesty and Integrity in Boxing." They will be honored at the 87th annual BWAA Awards Dinner, on June 6, 2012 in New York City.

Vitali, age 40, is 44-2 with 40 KOs and holds the WBC heavyweight belt. Wladimir, 36, is 57-3 with 50 KOs. He is the WBA, IBF, and WBO champion.

Professionals since 1996, the brothers have conducted themselves with class and dignity inside and outside of the ring. The Klitschkos are the only world champions in history to have attained doctorate degrees. Both are fluent in multiple languages. In addition to starting the Klitschko Brothers Foundation, they are heavily involved in the Unesco Program for Children in Need and the Laureus Sports for Good Foundation. The brothers have given back to the community by sponsoring charity and community outreach projects. Vitali has twice run for mayor of Kiev, campaigning on an anti-corruption platform.

Since turning pro, the brothers have been true professionals. In the often antagonistic days of pre-fight promotion prior to matches, they have responded to verbal attacks from opponents with poise and humor, letting their actions in the ring speak.

The BWAA awards banquet is scheduled for June 6, 2012, in New York City. For additional information go to bwaa.org

http://www.boxingscene.com/klitschko-brothers-honored-by-bwaa-on-june-6th--51161

I've lost all respect for the BWAA 28qw3e1

Back to top Go down

I've lost all respect for the BWAA Empty Re: I've lost all respect for the BWAA

Post  captainanddew Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:44 pm

they deserve to be honored for class and dignity. If some British HWs would learn to follow their lead, then the boxing world would be a better place.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:45 pm

captainanddew wrote:they deserve to be honored for class and dignity. If some British HWs would learn to follow their lead, then the boxing world would be a better place.
..yes indeed well said.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:51 pm

captainanddew wrote:they deserve to be honored for class and dignity. If some British HWs would learn to follow their lead, then the boxing world would be a better place.

If those two acted like the Klitschko's the division wouldn't exist here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

So your saying that Brits only care about classless pieces of shit? So your saying that Germans know the sport well enough and like class more than the Brits who only care about side shows? Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

So your saying that Brits only care about classless pieces of shit? So your saying that Germans know the sport well enough and like class more than the Brits who only care about side shows? Very Happy

We want drama and entertainment not jab fests and dodgy Borat accents.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:14 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

So you would rather have shitty fighters that are all hype than world champs. Got it LOL Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

So you would rather have shitty fighters that are all hype than world champs. Got it LOL Very Happy

I'll take Chisora and Haye anyday of the week over those two grim reapers.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:24 am

Soonermark890 wrote:

Yes we know, you guys want hype jobs who run their mouth and do nothing but flop. You want fighters who throw 12 punches a round. Thats entertaining.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:31 am

W. Klitschko's Gold Medal Grabs $1 Million at Charity Event

The Klitschko brothers held a charitable auction in Kiev, Ukraine. Wladimir Klitschko, the WBO/IBO/IBF/WBA heavyweight champion, auctioned off his 1996 Olympic gold medal, which a buyer bid $1 million dollars to win. However, immediately after the sale the buyer returned the medal to Wladimir as a token of respect, because he wants the medal to remain in the Klitschko family. Wladimir was moved by the buyer's unbelievable gesture.

"This medal has brought success to Vitali and me. It has become the basis of our professional success and key that opened a lot of doors for us. Our dream has become a reality. And thanks to the funds that were paid for the medal by the benefactor, we will also [help] the dreams of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian children. On behalf of these children, their parents and teachers, I thank you for the wellbeing of the people," Wladimir said.

http://tinyurl.com/8x2w2uw

That right there is proof enough on why they deserve the award.

I've made no secret that I'm not a fan of their style of fighting. But outside the ring, they've shown themselves to be class acts.

Thing is, people outside of Germany and East Europe don't want to see humanitarians as HW Champs of the world. They want to see The Baddest Man on the Planet.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:17 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Yes we know, you guys want hype jobs who run their mouth and do nothing but flop. You want fighters who throw 12 punches a round. Thats entertaining.

David's previous fights were entertaining.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:09 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:David's previous fights were entertaining.

Come on Ali. Since moving up to HW, Haye has done jack shit. He is not "the savior." He did what he bitched about every Klit opponent doing. Showing up for a payday and not even trying to win. All Haye did was flop during the entire fight, and then come up with embarrassing exscuse that it was because of his hurt toe.

The average punches he has thrown since moving to HW is a joke, even for today's HW standards.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:30 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Come on Ali. Since moving up to HW, Haye has done jack shit. He is not "the savior." He did what he bitched about every Klit opponent doing. Showing up for a payday and not even trying to win. All Haye did was flop during the entire fight, and then come up with embarrassing exscuse that it was because of his hurt toe.

The average punches he has thrown since moving to HW is a joke, even for today's HW standards.

Haye was barely touched by Wladimir and managed to rock him in the 12th round. The toe excuse was pathetic I admit that but he's the only reason I even payed attention to that shitty division.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:01 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Haye was barely touched by Wladimir and managed to rock him in the 12th round. The toe excuse was pathetic I admit that but he's the only reason I even payed attention to that shitty division.
Seriously? Is that how you saw that fight?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:24 am

SlickMoney wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

David's previous fights were entertaining.

Refresh my memory. The only entertainment in the Valuev fight was the couple seconds when Haye had Valuev hurt but that was it. Vs. John Ruiz? Not much else to say there. The Barrett fight was Ok but nothing special. Lets not even bring up the Audley farce.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:13 pm

I enjoyed the Ruiz fight, great atmosphere that night.

Haye's Curiserweight career was full of knockouts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down