The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adamek back to feasting on washed up HW's

4 posters

Go down

Adamek back to feasting on washed up HW's Empty Adamek back to feasting on washed up HW's

Post  Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:42 pm

According Tomasz Adamek (44-2, 28KOs), the former two-division champion could return in early 2012 against heavyweight veteran Jameel McCline (39-10-3, 23KOs). McCline has been inactive since being knocked out by Chris Arreola in April of 2009. Adamek would return from his technical knockout loss to WBC champion Vitali Klitschko.

"The opponent for when I get back in the ring might be Jameel McCline and we've already made an offer. That's a good name, and a lot taller than me...at least by half a head. Next week I'm going to start training. I'm going to fly to the United States to work with [trainer] Roger Bloodworth," Adamek said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/adamek-vs-mccline-bout-works-early-2012--44939

Back to top Go down

Adamek back to feasting on washed up HW's Empty Re: Adamek back to feasting on washed up HW's

Post  GrantZilla Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Who's he suppose to fight?

He already fought Arreola. And Arreola just going to fight cans until he lands a fight with Wlad

So who's left? It's absurd to expect him to fight giants like Helenius and Fury. Fury is 6'9, and Helenius is 6'7.

As we saw against Vitali, he's too small to compete against Super-HWs
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Adamek back to feasting on washed up HW's Empty Re: Adamek back to feasting on washed up HW's

Post  captainanddew Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:02 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Who's he suppose to fight?

He already fought Arreola. And Arreola just going to fight cans until he lands a fight with Wlad

So who's left? It's absurd to expect him to fight giants like Helenius and Fury. Fury is 6'9, and Helenius is 6'7.

As we saw against Vitali, he's too small to compete against Super-HWs

and it is a comeback fight. After the beating he took against Vitali, there is a chance he will show some ill effects.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:07 pm

I wish Adamek just go back to Cruiser and reclaim is crown as The Champ there.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:13 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I wish Adamek just go back to Cruiser and reclaim is crown as The Champ there.

There's your answer, or he could retire.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:14 pm

I don't know why you continue to single out Adamek like he's the problem with the HW division. The fact that a guy like Adamek who isn't even close to being a real HW is a top ten ranked HW is what's wrong. Not Adamek.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:15 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I don't know why you continue to single out Adamek like he's the problem with the HW division. The fact that a guy like Adamek who isn't even close to being a real HW is a top ten ranked HW is what's wrong. Not Adamek.

I just hate how everybody gushes over his HW career.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:I don't know why you continue to single out Adamek like he's the problem with the HW division. The fact that a guy like Adamek who isn't even close to being a real HW is a top ten ranked HW is what's wrong. Not Adamek.

who is gushing over his HW career?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Drunks at The Rock

POOOOLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAA
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:20 pm

captainanddew wrote:who is gushing over his HW career?

Exactly. The fact he's a Light HW that beat a top ten HW in Arreola is noteworthy. Everybody gives props to the horsejockeys when they jump divisions and beat a top guy.

The gap between divisions Adamek moved into would be like 12 horse jockey divisions.

Last edited by GrantZilla on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:20 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

who is gushing over his HW career?

Can't you notice Grant's Polska face paint ?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:39 pm

from fightnews
“I have no idea how Jameel McCline can say that we offered him an Adamek fight. We’ve had zero contact with him or his people,” says Adamek advisor Ziggy Rozalski. Adamek’s promoter Kathy Duva, CEO of Main Events, is also mystified. “I don’t know anything about it either. McCline’s manager called us Friday to find out if it’s true because nobody spoke to him either!”

McCline (39-10, 23 KOs), who fought last in April 2009, losing by fourth round KO to Chris Arreola, said in a recent boxing website interviews that the Adamek Team make him an offer to fight the popular Polish heavyweight contender. It was a surprise statement, to say the least, to the people who are helping manage “Goral’s” career.
“I did not speak with anybody from Jameel’s camp, not to one person. The only time I mentioned his name was when I talked to Tomek before his departure to Poland, like three weeks ago. Just one sentence in countless conversations we have every week, nothing more,” said Rozalski.

“The only thing we are thinking about now are what we will be doing on Thanksgiving Day and where to go skiing on Christmas. No serious boxing conversations now. I’m too long in this business to not know that people are just making stuff up.”

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Somebody owes Highlander Chin an Apology

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:18 pm

The link I posted was from Adamek himself.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:48 pm

i'm just as much a heavyweight as adamek is. he doesnt belong there

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down