The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adamek to 230lb

5 posters

Go down

Adamek to 230lb Empty Adamek to 230lb

Post  Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:39 pm

“He’s changing his style a little and he’s much bigger,” Bloodworth said following an Adamek workout in Jersey City, N.J. “He’s now 227 [pounds] and we want him at 230. I knew it was going to take a while for him to grow into a heavyweight’s body. Now, he has the muscle and the strength. If he doesn’t get back into the ring now, he might stay out too long. We feel good about where he is.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/bloodworth-wants-adamek-bulked-up-230-pounds--50569

Bulking up Adamek is pointless, it won't strengthen his chin or make him taller.

Back to top Go down

Adamek to 230lb Empty Re: Adamek to 230lb

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
“He’s changing his style a little and he’s much bigger,” Bloodworth said following an Adamek workout in Jersey City, N.J. “He’s now 227 [pounds] and we want him at 230. I knew it was going to take a while for him to grow into a heavyweight’s body. Now, he has the muscle and the strength. If he doesn’t get back into the ring now, he might stay out too long. We feel good about where he is.”

Bulking up Adamek is pointless, it won't strengthen his chin or make him taller.
Or make his arms longer...
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

size is not his problem. He's short with short arms in comparison to today's heavyweights.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:42 pm

captainanddew wrote:size is not his problem. He's short with short arms in comparison to today's heavyweights.

Tyson was only 5'10, '71 inch reach. Adamek is 6'1, with a '75 inch reach. The difference? Tyson had SPEED and POWER. Two things Adamek lacks, and why he will never beat a Klitschko.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:44 pm

At least he's trying something. Hopefully he'll use the weight to get on the inside more. He won't be able to outbox the Klits at a distance. And I think more weight in the right places can always help you take a punch.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Gumby wrote:At least he's trying something. Hopefully he'll use the weight to get on the inside more. He won't be able to outbox the Klits at a distance. And I think more weight in the right places can always help you take a punch.

Adamek's chin is fine. He can take a decent punch. Problem is, he takes too many of them. The extra weight is just going to make him slower than he already is. Speed kills, not bulk.

No doubt in my mind Chisora would have done even better against Vitali if he had shed the extra weight. At 6'1, Chisora should have been 220 tops, not 241. The 6'7 Vitali was 243!!!!

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:38 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Gumby wrote:At least he's trying something. Hopefully he'll use the weight to get on the inside more. He won't be able to outbox the Klits at a distance. And I think more weight in the right places can always help you take a punch.

Adamek's chin is fine. He can take a decent punch. Problem is, he takes too many of them. The extra weight is just going to make him slower than he already is. Speed kills, not bulk.

No doubt in my mind Chisora would have done even better against Vitali if he had shed the extra weight. At 6'1, Chisora should have been 220 tops, not 241. The 6'7 Vitali was 243!!!!

So what would your advice to Adamek be...retire? Accept his place as an uncompetitive contender? Adamek isn't going to get any faster and he won't have a chance against the Klits as he is. So he has to do something different. He's choosing to get bigger. There are advantages to having size if you do it the right way and know how to utilize it. I don't know if it will work, but I'm glad he's trying to do something to compete.

Chisora has nothing to do with Adamek. He's undisciplined and a hothead. Unlike Adamek, I doubt he'll ever do anything different to try and improve.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Gumby wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

So what would your advice to Adamek be...retire? Accept his place as an uncompetitive contender? Adamek isn't going to get any faster and he won't have a chance against the Klits as he is. So he has to do something different. He's choosing to get bigger. There are advantages to having size if you do it the right way and know how to utilize it. I don't know if it will work, but I'm glad he's trying to do something to compete.

Chisora has nothing to do with Adamek. He's undisciplined and a hothead. Unlike Adamek, I doubt he'll ever do anything different to try and improve.

My advice would be to steer clear of the Klitschko's and focus on Povetkin or some of the top ten guys, he's got the talent to have success in the division and make money in Jersey.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:45 pm

I agree. Fight any guys that are not a Klitschko at HW, and go challenge some Cruisers. Make some money fighting Hernandez.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:00 pm

If he doesn't want to fight the best he should retire. It's easy from the outside looking in, but I think once you lose your desire to be a champion you're safer out of the sport. Journeymen become journeymen because they're hoping if they stay active they'll get another shot at greatness.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Gumby wrote:If he doesn't want to fight the best he should retire. It's easy from the outside looking in, but I think once you lose your desire to be a champion you're safer out of the sport. Journeymen become journeymen because they're hoping if they stay active they'll get another shot at greatness.
..a good point.also good points on trying to do something different.it may or may not work but the thought and effort to change something is heading in the right direction.in too many posts i read this guy should avoid this guy or avoid these 2 or 3 guys etc etc.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum