The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Detroit Lions vs. The Chicago Bears

3 posters

Go down

The Detroit Lions vs. The Chicago Bears Empty The Detroit Lions vs. The Chicago Bears

Post  Frank Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:12 am

Nobody predicted a 4-0 start for the Detroit Lions. A team that just 2 years ago went 0-16 is now 4-0. Deny it if you want, however at the present time the Lions are the most exciting team in football.

That said, if the Lions season so far can be described as the "Disney" movie "Fantasia", the movie "True Grit" will probably be the theme of tonights game against the Bears. They cannot fall behind 20 points and beat a Lovie Smith defense. However, if the Lions pass the test tonight, there's a possibility that a torch is about to be passed. Not a big deal when you figure "Every dog has his day." However, if the Lions are for real, it's going to be a lot of fun listening to fans who are in denial. Unlike professional boxing, most sports, including the NFL, force their athletes to fight the best in order to be the best. None of this common opponent bullshit. We'll find out if the Lions are serious following their games against Green Bay and Chicago.

Last edited by Frank on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

The Detroit Lions vs. The Chicago Bears Empty Re: The Detroit Lions vs. The Chicago Bears

Post  dmar5143 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:13 am

frank i forsaw the lions success this year.i thought they would win 10 or 11 games and be a playoff contender..the clue was last year 6-10 but played well enough to be 10-6 last year.a few bad calls like the bears game which they should of won a phoney penalty a few other times etc etc.there for real.this is going to be a good interesting year...im a packer fan and yes there the best team in the nfl but injuries or one game kos you in the playoffs..the eagles everyones gimme in the east may not make the playoffs..the vikings callapse last year and this year and they are talented..the bills will not have a losing season and the jets hot air ballon buddy ryan is cominmg down to reality..the 49ers look good and the giants are doing last years immitation of inconsistency...brady as long as hes with the pats look out.last year miami showed a glimmer of hope.this year its reversed...the rams and bradford a pick to win the division and they may have a lossing season..this is going to be a great year of shock but the lions i feel isnt one of them.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

The Detroit Lions vs. The Chicago Bears Empty Re: The Detroit Lions vs. The Chicago Bears

Post  Frank Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:23 pm

dmar5143 wrote:frank i forsaw the lions success this year.i thought they would win 10 or 11 games and be a playoff contender..the clue was last year 6-10 but played well enough to be 10-6 last year.a few bad calls like the bears game which they should of won a phoney penalty a few other times etc etc.there for real.this is going to be a good interesting year...im a packer fan and yes there the best team in the nfl but injuries or one game kos you in the playoffs..the eagles everyones gimme in the east may not make the playoffs..the vikings callapse last year and this year and they are talented..the bills will not have a losing season and the jets hot air ballon buddy ryan is cominmg down to reality..the 49ers look good and the giants are doing last years immitation of inconsistency...brady as long as hes with the pats look out.last year miami showed a glimmer of hope.this year its reversed...the rams and bradford a pick to win the division and they may have a lossing season..this is going to be a great year of shock but the lions i feel isnt one of them.
Dmar, maybe those big cats didn't fool you, but they're shocking the hell out of me.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm boycotting ESPN's Monday Night Football after they dissed' my boy Hank Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:29 pm

I thought the Lions would be doing well as long as Stafford was healthy. I didn't think he'd be still healthy. The Lions line has improved at protecting him
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Horrible clock management by Chicago. Wasting time in the huddle and on the last drive. Soon as they got in the field goal range they should've kicked it. Then try an onside and a Hell Mary.

They didn't want to win. The Lions did
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down