The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pavlik goes off on Pac-Man and Ray Mancini

+8
NJBeatdown86
flapanther2001
Tobe
Frank
Soonermark890
UBeeg9cats
captainanddew
GrantZilla
12 posters

Go down

Pavlik goes off on Pac-Man and  Ray Mancini Empty Pavlik goes off on Pac-Man and Ray Mancini

Post  GrantZilla Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:35 am

KP: Manny Pacquiao can go and gamble all of his money and everything else, and he has no money. The guy makes $25 million a fight and asks for advancements because he blows all of his money. Nobody says anything about that; its not a big deal. Kelly Pavlik picks his nose and gets into a shoving argument with his own brother, which anybody and their mother has been in a fight with their own brother, and its headline news. Anything that Kelly Pavlik does is headline news. De La Hoya was in rehab himself. You hear it about one time and nobody talks about it no more. Pacquiao blows money as fast as he makes it. Hes asking for an advancement because why? He has no money. Now, I dont blame Top Rank on that part either. If I was Top Rank, I would say, "Holy shit, you made $25 million in your last fight. What do you need an advancement for?" You know? I mean, come on. But at the end of the day, the only thing that anybody ever talks about is Kelly Pavlik. Kelly Pavlik, Kelly Pavlik, Kelly Pavlik. And if you think about it, its true. If Kelly Pavlik farts in public, "Oh my God, Kelly Pavlik is all fucked up. He farted. Has everybody heard. He farted and it smells like shit." Thats what happens. Its true. But nobody says anything...thats why Pacquiao is asking for an advancement because he got himself in jeopardy. Nobody talks about Manny Pacquiao and his gambling problem, drinking and partying problem. Nobody talks really much about Joe Calzaghe and Ricky Hatton, and nobody talks about De La Hoya, but everybody wants to talk about Kelly Pavlik. I mean, Kelly Pavlik is out there so you cant tell me the public is not interested in what I do in my career. You know, if I fight tomorrow, I'm going to have a draw, believe
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10462.html

On Mancini

KP:Right now, my biggest problem isn't between Top Rank or anybody else; it's Ray Mancini. He went to my local paper, The Vindicator, and said all this stuff. It's like who are you? I mean, Ray, if you really want me to start bringing out your personal demons and everything that happened in your life, I can. That's why he moved from Florida to California. So,Ray needs to watch his mouth, that's first of all...what has he done with his career? He lost every big fight. He got toyed around with by Arguello. Arguello knocked him out in 14 rounds. He got knocked out by Greg Haugen. He got his ass beat by Livingstone Bramble, twice. He got beat by Camacho. What big name did Mancini ever beat in his life? Nobody...He talks about Youngstown, but he wants nothing to do with Youngstown at all. That's why he moved away. And Ray's had a lot of problems in his life, a lot of big time problems that nobody knows about, worse than me; worse than Kelly Pavlik. Kelly Pavlik going to the Betty Ford Clinic and rehab would be a great story of Ray's life. Ray has a lot of demons, but I'm going to be a respectable man enough for Ray to realize the fact that if he wants me to open my mouth, I'm going to and when I do open my mouth, the public is going to know about Ray and his demons and everything else that happened in his life. So Ray should probably take one step at a time, you know. Don't bite off more than you can chew,' stated former middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik as he shared his thoughts on recent comments made by Ray 'Boom Boom' Mancini regarding his decision not to fight this weekend.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10463.html
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pavlik goes off on Pac-Man and  Ray Mancini Empty Re: Pavlik goes off on Pac-Man and Ray Mancini

Post  GrantZilla Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:43 am

I think Pavlik is going to be found hanging from the ceiling of his parents house in the very near future.

He's totaly lost his fucking mind.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pavlik goes off on Pac-Man and  Ray Mancini Empty Re: Pavlik goes off on Pac-Man and Ray Mancini

Post  captainanddew Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:01 am

GrantZilla wrote:I think Pavlik is going to be found hanging from the ceiling of his parents house in the very near future.

He's totaly lost his fucking mind.

He sure is rambling and ranting. If he keeps going he may be boxing's version of Charlie Sheen pretty darn soon.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:44 am

No

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:54 am

Its laughable to think people sweep anything under the rug about Pacquiao. He is seen at a talk show with another woman and all of a sudden people say he's cheating. Nevermind its his costar from his really crappy movie also promoting the movie. He is talking about Mancini losing the big ones but his record in big fights isn't too pretty either.

I agree with everyone he is now accelerating down the wrong path.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:28 am

FUCK YOU KELLY!!!
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:56 am

Pavlik's going off the deep end. It looks like he can't handle the stress of professional boxing.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:09 pm

I know how he can relieve some stress. Punch someone in the face over and over by actually FIGHTING!
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I know how he can relieve some stress. Punch someone in the face over and over by actually FIGHTING!
LOL I agree. Though it looks like he has more of a passion for drinking than fighting. It sounds like he was drunk in the interview.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:05 pm

Anyone who refers to himself in the third person that often in one rant cannot have a firm grip on reality. That's what Tobe thinks anyway, if you ask Tobe. Laughing
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Even though the interview was annoying, a lot of what he said is true. Having said that, everything he was saying was pure defense mode. He was saying, "don't look at me, shine the light on everybody else but me." That is typical behavior of an addict. On the other hand, if they're paying you X amount of dollars to do your job, you will expect them to continue to do so. His manager & agent should have done a better job of securing his deal. Kelly should never have to worry about that shit, that's what he pays them for. He needs a clean break from these people.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Speaking in the third person...he's really lost it. And as I posted yesterday, as somebody whose lucky to get 30 hours of work a week while I struggle to find a full-time job, Kelly can go fuck himself with that $50,000 that he could have earned.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:13 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Speaking in the third person...he's really lost it. And as I posted yesterday, as somebody whose lucky to get 30 hours of work a week while I struggle to find a full-time job, Kelly can go fuck himself with that $50,000 that he could have earned.
I know that fucker doesn't understand how lucky he is. Everyone is struggling right now and that piece of shit acts as if he is above us. Fuck you Kelly!
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:Speaking in the third person...he's really lost it. And as I posted yesterday, as somebody whose lucky to get 30 hours of work a week while I struggle to find a full-time job, Kelly can go fuck himself with that $50,000 that he could have earned.
I know that fucker doesn't understand how lucky he is. Everyone is struggling right now and that piece of shit acts as if he is above us. Fuck you Kelly!

USA is in horrible shape.

Some CNBC writers (and some economists I've read) have said it isn't far-fetched that the PIIGS fail in Europe (Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, and Spain) within 2.5-3 years.

Saw an article today about Israel. They have relatively low un-employment (5.0% or so) and robust economic growth (4.8% which is amazing), but there is big business cartels, huge wage disparities, and there isn't affordable housing for middle class people. 250,000 people marched in Tel Aviv.

The world is in horrible shape, and we are approximately 3 years past a huge meltdown.

Hopefully, when we are old men, we aren't telling our grandkids about the messed up decade that ran from 2008 to 2018 which was unbelievably horrible for alot of people. Unfortunately we may end up in that situation. Even if we don't there is going to be alot more pain for the next couple of years.

It isn't Pavlik backing out that is the horrible part. It is how he did it and then made stupid comments

He could have just said they didn't let me know the purse or give me the contract until a week before the fight (which is unacceptable). I feel like my promotional company and manager have betrayed me. I am going to sit out until my contracts our up and then I will consider re-starting my career with people who can be trusted.

That would have been a ton better than the way he went about it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:35 pm

that qualifies as both funny & sad.doesn't matter how much of it's fact or fiction,it's just wrong on so many levels!

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:53 am

“The only thing I feel bad about is how it went down,” said Pavlik, who was scheduled to fight Cunningham on Saturday night at the Covelli Centre before canceling Tuesday. “I feel bad that it was a week out. But I had to make a decision. I had to put my foot down.

“Hopefully the message got through, and if it didn’t, oh well. I won’t fight no more.”

“I didn’t want to cancel the fight, and I feel bad for the people in Youngstown, but everybody stands to get their money back,” he said. “I’m the only one who stands to lose money.”

I’m not downplaying $50,000 because I know that’s a lot of money in Youngstown, but I don’t have an easy job. I get punched in the head for a living.

“I have two babies at home. I’ve got to be able to count and spell. If I lost the fight to Lopez, OK, I understand that [amount]. But I didn’t lose. I won.”

“People here are hard-working people, and I sure as hell don’t want to punch a time clock or go paint walls or fix a roof,” he said. “But I get punched in the face for a living.”

“I’m not trying to be a cocky person, but the name Kelly Pavlik still carries a lot of weight,” he said. “No matter what I do, Kelly Pavlik can still draw.”

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/aug/07/pavlik-moves-on-no-regrets/
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:48 am

Fame isn't meant for everyone.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm

The thing that Pavlik doesn't get is that the negative attention goes away if you look good and win. If you get in trouble outside of the ring and look bad inside of it, people are going to say something's wrong.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Gumby wrote:The thing that Pavlik doesn't get is that the negative attention goes away if you look good and win. If you get in trouble outside of the ring and look bad inside of it, people are going to say something's wrong.

+1

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:07 am

Bute is going to retire Pavlik.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down