The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pavlik gets DUI

+8
NJBeatdown86
GrantZilla
Soonermark890
dmar5143
captainanddew
Diego408
hardcorebee24
UBeeg9cats
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pavlik gets DUI Empty Pavlik gets DUI

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:06 pm

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170833-pavlik-arrested-for-dui-

This is about the end for him in my estimation.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Pavlik gets DUI Empty Re: Pavlik gets DUI

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:20 pm

hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:20 pm

LMAO
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:36 pm

He even had a friend trying to take the blame but he still didn't get out unscathed. I think he will fight a couple more times but won't come close to beating any top level guy. Can Top Rank even trust him enough to be on a tv fight?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:52 pm

he better get out to LA, go to a clinic and then start training when he gets out. Probably too late though.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:57 pm

sad very sad.pavlik knocking jack lowe for telling the truth says that kelly problems run real deep and maybe its alcohol plus other problems.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:44 pm

fuck him.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Telling you, this will be Pavlik in 5 years

Pavlik gets DUI Homer_10
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:00 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Telling you, this will be Pavlik in 5 years

Pavlik gets DUI Homer_10

So you're saying he'll fight Drederick Tatum for the HW title and be saved by Moe Sizlack in fan ?

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:02 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Telling you, this will be Pavlik in 5 years

Pavlik gets DUI Homer_10

If he's lucky. He's headed to the grave at this rate.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:58 am

Pavlik, what a waste
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Though it's bound to be an unpopular opinion, I think Pavlik already got the best out of himself. I don't think we ever had a Pavlik that could've beaten Martinez. He doesn't fight boxers well at all. Also, I don't think he'd do well against a bomber like Sal Alvarez. Pavlik knocked out Jermaine Taylor. However after the dust cleared, I think we can all agree that accomplishment doesn't qualify as a great feat. Everybody knocks out Taylor.

I'll say this. If Kelly Pavlik continues to drink and avoids the ring, he'd have to drink a helluva lot of whiskey to damage his brain the way top rated fighters would've. Let him drink himself into oblivion, keep him away from cocaine (beer never made anyone broke) and when he's too old to fight, send him to Betty Ford.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Frank wrote:Though it's bound to be an unpopular opinion, I think Pavlik already got the best out of himself. I don't think we ever had a Pavlik that could've beaten Martinez. He doesn't fight boxers well at all. Also, I don't think he'd do well against a bomber like Sal Alvarez. Pavlik knocked out Jermaine Taylor. However after the dust cleared, I think we can all agree that accomplishment doesn't qualify as a great feat. Everybody knocks out Taylor.

I'll say this. If Kelly Pavlik continues to drink and avoids the ring, he'd have to drink a helluva lot of whiskey to damage his brain the way top rated fighters would've. Let him drink himself into oblivion, keep him away from cocaine (beer never made anyone broke) and when he's too old to fight, send him to Betty Ford.

as much as i appreciate your wisdom and your opinion.... i strongly disagree.

just look at what kelly pavlik was during his prime (by prime i mean during the years in which he accomplished the most)...
the guy was was absolutely ruthless. Pavlik was a 6ft 2 160lb fighter that knocked out the guy that beat "The Great" Bernard Hopkins, and never let him back in, in the rematch. Kelly worked his way to the undisputed middleweight championship of the world through a winning streak of 30 wins with 26 by KO. he was the legit champion. yeh he fucked it up but he could have been great

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:48 pm

[quote="dbudge"]
Frank wrote:as much as i appreciate your wisdom and your opinion.... i strongly disagree.

just look at what kelly pavlik was during his prime (by prime i mean during the years in which he accomplished the most)...
the guy was was absolutely ruthless. Pavlik was a 6ft 2 160lb fighter that knocked out the guy that beat "The Great" Bernard Hopkins, and never let him back in, in the rematch. Kelly worked his way to the undisputed middleweight championship of the world through a winning streak of 30 wins with 26 by KO. he was the legit champion. yeh he fucked it up but he could have been great

Pavlik has shown to be a limited, slow, fighter. His two best wins in hindsight now are not that impressive. Miranda, who's gotten KO'd practically everytime he's stepped up, and Taylor, who's shown to be a massive fader in fights. Not just against Pavlik, but Froch and Abraham's.

Yes, he did become the Middleweight Champ, and I am not taking credit away from that. But I think it's safe to say that Pavlik did not have the stuff to have stayed Champ for long, which he didn't.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:00 pm

[quote="GrantZilla"]
dbudge wrote:
Frank wrote:as much as i appreciate your wisdom and your opinion.... i strongly disagree.

Pavlik has shown to be a limited, slow, fighter. His two best wins in hindsight now are not that impressive. Miranda, who's gotten KO'd practically everytime he's stepped up, and Taylor, who's shown to be a massive fader in fights. Not just against Pavlik, but Froch and Abraham's.

he was limited but he was a badass, hopkins was all bad timing for him. put in the same situation i would have ended up in the same boat as pavlik

Yes, he did become the Middleweight Champ, and I am not taking credit away from that. But I think it's safe to say that Pavlik did not have the stuff to have stayed Champ for long, which he didn't.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:01 pm

pavliks problems did him in.not his limited style.had the drinking problems not been there he still would be champ because he would of got by martinez.the impact it had on his training his abiltry to stay in top condition plus the mental outlook with training and family life had to suffer greatly.too bad for he was a crowd pleaser.he beat a very good fighter in taylor twice.taylors one of thoses fighters who was very gifted but had a short window of brillence.thats happened hundreds of times over the years.pavlik beat him before that window closed.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Taylor has a stamina problem, and that showed before the Pavlik fight. Against Spinks, he took rounds off to save his energy. He looked horrible in that fight. Many just attributed it to Spinks, who makes every fight bad.

Why I picked Pavlik to beat Taylor in the first fight. On ESPN board, I said if the fight get's past five rounds, Pavlik will win. Almost didn't when Taylor damn near put Pavlik away.

But Pavlik is too slow and one-dementional. Taylor in the rematch showed how to beat Pavlik, and again, if Taylor hadn't faded, would have won the rematch. Hopkins did what Taylor did, but didn't fade.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:25 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Taylor has a stamina problem, and that showed before the Pavlik fight. Against Spinks, he took rounds off to save his energy. He looked horrible in that fight. Many just attributed it to Spinks, who makes every fight bad.

Why I picked Pavlik to beat Taylor in the first fight. On ESPN board, I said if the fight get's past five rounds, Pavlik will win. Almost didn't when Taylor damn near put Pavlik away.

But Pavlik is too slow and one-dementional. Taylor in the rematch showed how to beat Pavlik, and again, if Taylor hadn't faded, would have won the rematch. Hopkins did what Taylor did, but didn't fade.

you're such a badass g

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:27 pm

dbudge wrote:you're such a badass g

Naw, calling Oscar-Manny fight a circus fight and that Oscar would crush Pac ruined my cred.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:32 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
dbudge wrote:you're such a badass g

Naw, calling Oscar-Manny fight a circus fight and that Oscar would crush Pac ruined my cred.

lol. u know really that as much as a miserable and negative fuck i think you are.... i highly respect your opinion when it comes to the noble art

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:29 pm

dbudge wrote:lol. u know really that as much as a miserable and negative fuck i think you are.... i highly respect your opinion when it comes to the noble art

Back handed compliment. But I'll take it

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:43 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
dbudge wrote:lol. u know really that as much as a miserable and negative fuck i think you are.... i highly respect your opinion when it comes to the noble art

Back handed compliment. But I'll take it

highly insulting with a cheeky grin. thats me all over..... mate xxxx

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:03 pm

dbudge wrote:
Frank wrote:Though it's bound to be an unpopular opinion, I think Pavlik already got the best out of himself. I don't think we ever had a Pavlik that could've beaten Martinez. He doesn't fight boxers well at all. Also, I don't think he'd do well against a bomber like Sal Alvarez. Pavlik knocked out Jermaine Taylor. However after the dust cleared, I think we can all agree that accomplishment doesn't qualify as a great feat. Everybody knocks out Taylor.

as much as i appreciate your wisdom and your opinion.... i strongly disagree.

I'll go on and admit that at one time, I was heavily in Pavlik's corner. Though I'll stick with my opinion, it's possible that I've been influenced by my disgust with Kelly throwing away so many golden opportunities.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:25 pm

frank like you i was a big fan of kellys.a regular blue collar guy from a blue collar city who stayed by his roots.unfortunetly like you i also am greatly disappointed in kelly and the blown opportunites he had and the stupidity of the possible bute fight tossing 1.3 mil alway and his drinking problem which is very severe...my dad use to say no matter how tough a guy you are you cant beat john barleycorn.thats booze.kellys finding that out.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next