The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like I said before Tavoris Cloud is the future

+8
captainanddew
Gumby
flapanther2001
dbudge
Soonermark890
SlickMoney
gomez1012
qdagoverner
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Like I said before Tavoris Cloud is the future Empty Like I said before Tavoris Cloud is the future

Post  qdagoverner Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:09 am

At this point in his career he cant beat the likes of a Bernard Hopkins however he can most definitely beat Dawson, Pascal and any of those 168'ers who wanna move up to light heavy

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Like I said before Tavoris Cloud is the future Empty Re: Like I said before Tavoris Cloud is the future

Post  gomez1012 Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:59 am

He moved like a sloth Saturday night. Still might bring enough pressure to make Pascal fold
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Like I said before Tavoris Cloud is the future Empty Re: Like I said before Tavoris Cloud is the future

Post  SlickMoney Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Typical cockroach style. Coming with a "I told u so" thread.

Can he beat someone who's not on the downside of their career? Cloud is good but i dont see anything special in him.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:49 pm

I completely agree. The guy has good power, decent speed, and stamina. I think he can beat anyone including Bhop right now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Cloud's an entertaining fighter but I don't think he's that great. I would love to see Cloud face Cleverly.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Cloud would KO Cleverly in my opinion.

i think Cloud vs Pascal would be a fantastic fight. Pascal is a great frontrunner, has decent power and what people fail to remember is he has never "legitimately" been knocked down. Cloud's workrate could definitely give Pascal a whole lot of problems especially later in a fight, but Pascal has a very awkward style. i hope this fight is made and Hopkins vs Dawson definitely comes off towards the end of the year. 175lb is getting exciting and it will be even more exciting once the 168lb guys have settled their business because it would appear that all the top guys there are looking to move up

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Cleverly will come to fight Cloud, he won't gas like Pascal.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Cloud needs to work on distance control. He was out of position so many times against Mack. Maybe watch some old film of Hearns or somebody like that. If he can learn to keep his opponent at the end of his punches, he'll be dangerous.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Ali wrote:Cleverly will come to fight Cloud, he won't gas like Pascal.

cleverly's defence can be extremely sloppy at times. i've seen him get clocked a few times in fights and be visibly hurt. he won't get away with that forever. cloud and cleverly's intense workrates could make it a very exciting spectacle though, but i still think Cloud will stop him

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:59 pm

dbudge wrote:
Ali wrote:Cleverly will come to fight Cloud, he won't gas like Pascal.

cleverly's defence can be extremely sloppy at times. i've seen him get clocked a few times in fights and be visibly hurt. he won't get away with that forever. cloud and cleverly's intense workrates could make it a very exciting spectacle though, but i still think Cloud will stop him

Hence why I want the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:16 pm

I think Cloud is a solid B fighter. He just doesn't do anything real well though which makes me hesitate on calling him a top fighter, let alone the future of the division. He seems to have slow feet and throws hard punches that have little power. We'll see when he gets fights against the top guys.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Mack is the same guy that Glen Johnson KO'ed on FNF not too long ago.

Erdei, Pascal, Shumenov, or Cleverly should be next.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:51 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Mack is the same guy that Glen Johnson KO'ed on FNF not too long ago.

Erdei, Pascal, Shumenov, or Cleverly should be next.

Anyone who ignores defense and is willing to trade (Cloud fits that description) is a great fight when matched with Shumenov.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:22 pm

I put him as the top of the division because it is soft as of right now. Dawson has no killer instinct and is adjusting to a new trainer, BHop will be 47 by the time a potential fight rolls around, Pascal is a 6 round fighter, and no one else is worth mentioning yet. Cloud can keep the crown warm until Ward moves up cool

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  qdagoverner Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:20 pm

he will knock Ward out when he moves up..everyone thought i was crazy when i said he would beat dawson and thought i was crazy when i said dawson was overated and cloud will be the future..i guess i really did tell people so lol

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 pm

qdagoverner wrote:he will knock Ward out when he moves up..everyone thought i was crazy when i said he would beat dawson and thought i was crazy when i said dawson was overated and cloud will be the future..i guess i really did tell people so lol
When did Cloud beat Dawson?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:27 pm

qdagoverner wrote:he will knock Ward out when he moves up..everyone thought i was crazy when i said he would beat dawson and thought i was crazy when i said dawson was overated and cloud will be the future..i guess i really did tell people so lol

What do you base this shit off of?

Dawson has fought Adamek, Tarver, Johnson, Pascal, and soon Hops.

Cloud has fought Woods, Johnson, Zuniga, and Mack

Let's see how Cloud does against better comp before we claim him to be "the future."
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  qdagoverner Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:30 pm

GRANT HE NEVER BEAT DAWSON HOWEVER YOU AND I BOTH KNOW NOW THAT CLOUD WILL KNOCK THAT DUDE OUT

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 pm

qdagoverner wrote:GRANT HE NEVER BEAT DAWSON HOWEVER YOU AND I BOTH KNOW NOW THAT CLOUD WILL KNOCK THAT DUDE OUT

Dawson could just as eaisly out-box Cloud. I see that being more likely then Cloud knocking him out.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  qdagoverner Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:34 pm

I base my sh...it off actually watching fights..None of Dawsons wins were impressive..He beat Adamek and looked terrible, he outpointed him and Adamek even admitted that he killed himself to make weight..He didnt look impressive in any of the Tarver fights and neither in Johnson fights...Cloud beats dudes impressively and is living up to his hype..He looks like Marvin Hagler out there..Dawson reminds me of that dude Bell the Cruiserweight who wasnt that good eitehr

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Post  qdagoverner Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:35 pm

you honestly think that dawson tired behind can handle pressure from a young strong hungry fighter when he couldnt do it agains johnson?

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:36 pm

qdagoverner wrote:you honestly think that dawson tired behind can handle pressure from a young strong hungry fighter when he couldnt do it agains johnson?

Watch Dawson-Johnson 2 and then Cloud-Dawson. Cloud won 7 rds to 5.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 pm

And you're the same guy that said Cotto would beat Pacquiao. I'm still waiting on my $75.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  qdagoverner Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 pm

What 75 bucks?

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 pm

slick to gdgovernor
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next