The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tavoris Cloud's camp want Bernard Hopkins next

+6
Diego408
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
UBeeg9cats
captainanddew
powerpuncher
10 posters

Go down

Tavoris Cloud's camp want Bernard Hopkins next Empty Tavoris Cloud's camp want Bernard Hopkins next

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:54 pm

His trainer told HBO to make a double header with Cloud vs Hopkins on the Pascal vs Dawson II undercard.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/hopkins-next-for-cloud-70872

Back to top Go down

Tavoris Cloud's camp want Bernard Hopkins next Empty Re: Tavoris Cloud's camp want Bernard Hopkins next

Post  powerpuncher Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:05 pm

sounds good to me. then the winners of each will fight each other.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Tavoris Cloud's camp want Bernard Hopkins next Empty Re: Tavoris Cloud's camp want Bernard Hopkins next

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:07 pm

powerpuncher wrote:sounds good to me. then the winners of each will fight each other.

It's the most logical thing for HBO to do, but as we know by now good ideas never happen in boxing Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:46 pm

I'd rather see BHOP Pascal II. That was a closer and much more compelling fight. Let Dawson take on Cloud. Dawson wins he steps back towards the top of the division. If Cloud wins, he proves the win over Johnson was just the beginning.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:48 pm

Cloud is a much harder fight for BHop and IMO the top LHW. His power and workrate would carry him over Pascal and BHop. Dawson might be able to outbox him. If BHop is up for it, it would be a really fun 4 person tourney.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:51 pm

captainanddew wrote:I'd rather see BHOP Pascal II. That was a closer and much more compelling fight. Let Dawson take on Cloud. Dawson wins he steps back towards the top of the division. If Cloud wins, he proves the win over Johnson was just the beginning.

You could match all four together in different fights and they'd still be intriguing.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Hops isn't going to fight Cloud, nor should he. He got a "draw" against Pascal, and a rematch is called for.

Dawson blew it. I agree, his ass should be fighting Cloud.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:13 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Hops isn't going to fight Cloud, nor should he. He got a "draw" against Pascal, and a rematch is called for.

Dawson blew it. I agree, his ass should be fighting Cloud.

But at 46 is it wise to sit and wait for a rematch ? Sooner or later those freakish genes won't be able to fight off father time.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:18 pm

HBO should step in too and say they won't pay for Dawson-Pascal II fight, but will give Dawson a date to fight Cloud.

That's what should be done.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:21 pm

GrantZilla wrote: HBO should step in too and say they won't pay for Dawson-Pascal II fight, but will give Dawson a date to fight Cloud.

That's what should be done.

But then Showtime would just buy Pascal vs Dawson.

I don't have a problem with this rematch, it was set in stone before Hopkins vs Pascal was even made. The first fight was competitive enough to warrant a rematch.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Dawson Cloud now. Hopkins had a draw with the Champ he gets the rematch first. If Dawson wanted the fight he should have exercised the rematch clause immediately and not waited to see how Pascal looked against a Dinosaur.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Yeah, but it'll be for less money then what HBO would offer for Dawson to fight Cloud

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:24 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Dawson Cloud now. Hopkins had a draw with the Champ he gets the rematch first. If Dawson wanted the fight he should have exercised the rematch clause immediately and not waited to see how Pascal looked against a Dinosaur.

It wasn't an immediate rematch clause, Pascal was allowed the option to have an interim fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Dawson Cloud now. Hopkins had a draw with the Champ he gets the rematch first. If Dawson wanted the fight he should have exercised the rematch clause immediately and not waited to see how Pascal looked against a Dinosaur.

It wasn't an immediate rematch clause, Pascal was allowed the option to have an interim fight.

So how come a month ago Dawson didn't say he wanted a rematch? Why didn't he take a fight during the iterum? That fucker waited to see Pascal look bad. Im a huge Dawson fan and he's acting like a sucker right now.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:32 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

So how come a month ago Dawson didn't say he wanted a rematch? Why didn't he take a fight during the iterum? That fucker waited to see Pascal look bad. Im a huge Dawson fan and he's acting like a sucker right now.

Well what would have been the point in announcing a rematch before the fight had even taken place ? Dawson was just waiting to see If Pascal won, I'd have done the same in his shoes except I would have kept active.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Ali wrote:

Well what would have been the point in announcing a rematch before the fight had even taken place ? Dawson was just waiting to see If Pascal won, I'd have done the same in his shoes except I would have kept active.

What would have been the point? Pascal is the only blemish on Dawson's record. What was the point in facing Johnson twice or Tarver? I wouldn't give a fuck if he won or lost I want to kick the guys ass that beat me regardless.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:56 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

What would have been the point? Pascal is the only blemish on Dawson's record. What was the point in facing Johnson twice or Tarver? I wouldn't give a fuck if he won or lost I want to kick the guys ass that beat me regardless.

Fair enough I can understand that.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Fair enough I can understand that.

To agree with your point Ali, Dawson's attitude is not intense enough to think the way I do so I guess i see where you're coming from too.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 pm

captainanddew wrote:I'd rather see BHOP Pascal II. That was a closer and much more compelling fight. Let Dawson take on Cloud. Dawson wins he steps back towards the top of the division. If Cloud wins, he proves the win over Johnson was just the beginning.
I agree, this should be the first option. Hops-Pascal and Dawson-Cloud on the same card, but Pascal-Dawson and Hopkins-Cloud doesnt sound bad at all. I'd even accpet Pascal-Coud and Hops-Dawson. As long as all four fight each other, Im fine.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Diego408 wrote:
I agree, this should be the first option. Hops-Pascal and Dawson-Cloud on the same card, but Pascal-Dawson and Hopkins-Cloud doesnt sound bad at all. I'd even accpet Pascal-Coud and Hops-Dawson. As long as all four fight each other, Im fine.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Nice. I think Cloud is the one guy that would just beat the hell out of BHOP. If I was BHOP I would stay away from Cloud.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:35 am

I don't see B-Hop accepting this fight.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:20 am

As much as I hate to admit it, Hopkins may be able to defeat Dawson and Cloud. If he can, he should. This would be the most significant accomplishment of his amazing career. I don't see how Tavoris Cloud could defeat Hopkins. Hopkin's is too much of a ring general.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Frank wrote:As much as I hate to admit it, Hopkins may be able to defeat Dawson and Cloud. If he can, he should. This would be the most significant accomplishment of his amazing career. I don't see how Tavoris Cloud could defeat Hopkins. Hopkin's is too much of a ring general.
I think that Cloud has good power. He is a decent boxer and he is much more active in the ring than BHOP. His youth would play a big part in that fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Ali wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:sounds good to me. then the winners of each will fight each other.

It's the most logical thing for HBO to do, but as we know by now good ideas never happen in boxing Sad

SHOWTIME LHW Tourney!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down