The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tavoris Cloud vs ??

+6
DQBox
hardcorebee24
Diego408
GrantZilla
powerpuncher
Frank
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tavoris Cloud vs ?? Empty Tavoris Cloud vs ??

Post  Frank Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:31 am

I know Cloud has a good fight coming up. My honest question is, has anyone heard Dawson or Hopkins do so much as mention his name??

Frank

Back to top Go down

Tavoris Cloud vs ?? Empty Re: Tavoris Cloud vs ??

Post  Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Frank wrote:I know Cloud has a good fight coming up. My honest question is, has anyone heard Dawson or Hopkins do so much as mention his name??

Why would they ? Cloud has been inactive and they just fought each other which ended controversially.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:44 pm

cloud is ruining his own career. he is an exciting fighter with good power and could probably be the man in the division but he is so inactive.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:44 pm

BoxingScene.com has been advised that former two division champion Zsolt Erdei (33-0, 18 KOs) suffered a possible training injury to his right hand. Erdei is scheduled to challenge IBF light heavyweight king Tavoris Cloud (23-0, 19 KOs) on December 31st at the Anaheim Convention Center in California

A source with knowledge of the situation told BoxingScene that Erdei is having his hand evaluated by a physician to determine if the injury is a simple sprain or something more serious which requires an extended period of time to heal. The doctor's final ruling with determine whether or not Erdei withdraws from the contest

http://tinyurl.com/7xft27k

Cloud might be in need of a new dance partner
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Cloud has self destructed since he won his title. Hes been one of the most inactive fighters out there. Cloud, Like Guerrero and Pirog are just sitting around waiting for big fights to land on their laps. Someone should tell them inactivity never gets you a big fight, being active makes you relevant in the sport.

Last edited by Diego408 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:47 pm

When will these guys realize that this is a blue collar sport? In order to get paid you have to work. There are guys making White Collar wages but that's just because they're over paid. I can't see Cloud getting paid more than 70-100k a fight. To me if he or anyone else his caliber is they are over paid.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Don King Fighter=In-activity

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:07 am

Dan Rafael
If Erdei can't fight former titlis Gabriel Campillo is ready and willing to step in to face @TavorisCloud #boxing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:47 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Dan Rafael
If Erdei can't fight former titlis Gabriel Campillo is ready and willing to step in to face @TavorisCloud #boxing

I'd much rather see Pascal step in.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

i doubt that pascal would take the fight on short notice.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:48 pm

powerpuncher wrote:

You're right, in Dan's notebook it says Pascal won't be returning till about Feb.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:09 pm

powerpuncher wrote:

You're right, in Dan's notebook it says Pascal won't be returning till about Feb.
taking fights on short notice is usually for the fighter with low risk but high reward. pascal wouldnt chance taking this fight on short notice then losing and dropping even further in rankings.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Tavoris Cloud vs ?? Empty Tavoris Cloud vs Gabriel Campillo

Post  DQBox Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:48 pm

Saturday Dec 31, 2011 (Las Vegas).
Tavoris Cloud vs Gabriel Campillo -World Championship IBF LT. Heavyweight (175 LBS)-

DQBox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:53 pm

There's been rumblings that Showtime might not televise the card anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:09 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:There's been rumblings that Showtime might not televise the card anymore.

disappointing if they dont, Cloud vs Campillo would be a solid LHW match up
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:55 am

gomez1012 wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:There's been rumblings that Showtime might not televise the card anymore.

Pretty stupid. Not a bad match up at all considering the short period of time to find a replacement.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:06 am

GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Pretty stupid. Not a bad match up at all considering the short period of time to find a replacement.

especially considering his two good fights with Shumenov. He's proven he is a legitimate fighter and will make Cloud work (and will try to win the damn fight).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:10 am

captainanddew wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

especially considering his two good fights with Shumenov. He's proven he is a legitimate fighter and will make Cloud work (and will try to win the damn fight).

There is some ignorance on the part of Showtime. I think they are thinking that Campillo has no name. I hate to tell them but Erdei's name wasn't much bigger. Hardcore fight fans know of both, but casual boxing fans could care less about either.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:16 am

It would be crazy to cancel a decent card like this. The only reason they went forward with this was the had money left over in the 2011 budget and it was use it or lose it. This isn't going to bring in Pac or Mayweather ratings but would you honestly rather lose budget money than put it on? It is flat out ludicrous.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:37 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:It would be crazy to cancel a decent card like this. The only reason they went forward with this was the had money left over in the 2011 budget and it was use it or lose it. This isn't going to bring in Pac or Mayweather ratings but would you honestly rather lose budget money than put it on? It is flat out ludicrous.

what is their reluctance with Campillo? It isn't as if Zsolt Erdei is a household name. There are probably some hardcore boxing fans that don't know much more about him than just his name.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:13 pm

per fat dan's twitter, Showtime wouldn't accept Campillo and the show was canceled.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:11 pm

captainanddew wrote:per fat dan's twitter, Showtime wouldn't accept Campillo and the show was canceled.

That's some real bullshit.

Even more bullshit is no Ramos fight either. This is what happens when promoters rely soley TV. There no reason why the fight can't still go on and put it on a stream or something. That's what Arum would've done. Made it a Top Rank PPV or stream the fight on their website.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Dan Rafael
I'm quite surprised @SHOsports wouldn't accept Campillo in place of Erdei. That tells me Showtime just didnt want to do the show

Dan Rafael
You know what's bush? The @TavorisCloud camp and promoter Don King haven't even been notified yet that the @SHOsports Dec. 31 card is off.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:15 pm

GrantZilla wrote: Dan Rafael
I'm quite surprised @SHOsports wouldn't accept Campillo in place of Erdei. That tells me Showtime just didnt want to do the show

Dan Rafael
You know what's bush? The @TavorisCloud camp and promoter Don King haven't even been notified yet that the @SHOsports Dec. 31 card is off.

yeah that is what I saw earlier. I was too lazy to cut and paste it. Rather disconcerting.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:40 pm

I don't blame Showtime for not wanting to go through with the card, Campillo is only known to real hardcore fans. They haven't handled the situation properly though.

I am bit surprised they didn't approach Andre Dirrell, he's fighting on Showtime the day before.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next