The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Finals

+3
freakzilla
UBeeg9cats
captainanddew
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NBA Finals Empty NBA Finals

Post  captainanddew Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 pm

Heat have defied conventional thinking this year. Limited depth. Small lineups. Relying on quick defensive rotations.

The lineup that Pat Riley envisioned of Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Mike Miller, and Haslem, has played absolutely amazing together. All 5 guys handle well. All can hit the jumper. All of them can defend and even when on a quicker guy all are pretty long.

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh have really proven how bad they want it with the effort they have shown on defense. And on offense the 3 of them provide enough offense that eventually during the game a role player or 2 gets it going. One night it is Miller. One night it is Haslem. One night it is Chalmers hitting 3s.

Dallas-Dirk has been amazing. Because LA and the Spurs have represented the Western Conference so often over the past decade we haven't as fans really appreciated Dirk for how damn good he is.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

NBA Finals Empty Re: NBA Finals

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:14 am

I've been rooting for the Heat all year because I feel they have been hated on to an unfair level. Yesterday's game really hurt. All the momentum is with Dallas now. I still expect a long series. Does Lebron or Kidd and Nowitzki get their rings? I still go Heat but I wouldn't bet on it Laughing

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:28 am

The Heat have deserved all the hate they have received. UBeeg9cats, so you're a bandwagon supporter? I'm a Bulls fan but in the finals I'll be hoping the Mavs win. Whoever wins game 3 will win the series.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:01 pm

freakzilla wrote:The Heat have deserved all the hate they have received. UBeeg9cats, so you're a bandwagon supporter? I'm a Bulls fan but in the finals I'll be hoping the Mavs win. Whoever wins game 3 will win the series.

If rooting for specific players makes me a bandwagon fan, then I am. I feel its tough to call someone that when he roots for TMac this year or Ken Griffey for all those injury seasons. I don't live near a NBA city. I have consistently been confused by 2 comments haters have had on the Heat. 1. They say the Heat have the most talent but then people predict Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Bulls, and Celtics over them. They have no center or pg. The only 2 guys besides the big 3 that got money were injured nearly the whole season and are still not in game shape mentally. 2. Lebron is not competitive enough because he went to a team that gives him the best chance to win the title. Do we really want players to handicap themselves now? Why doesn't Kobe shoot Lefty for the first 70 games of the season? How about Rose gain 30 lbs of fat in the offseason? No fan would want that so why are we hating on Lebron for taking less money to give himself a chance to win multiple titles?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:01 am

dallas all the way! they beat my blazers which i was upset about but then they beat the lakers and thunder who i hate both of them and if they beat miami then they will have beaten the 3 teams that i mostly didnt want to win.

miami is what is wrong with sports in general. they are like the yankees. bird and magic both said that they would never be on a team together because they wanted to beat each other. they knew that they would win if they played together. plus, lebron is a cry baby. thats mostly what i cant stand about him. i really hope that he never wins a ring.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:50 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
freakzilla wrote:The Heat have deserved all the hate they have received. UBeeg9cats, so you're a bandwagon supporter? I'm a Bulls fan but in the finals I'll be hoping the Mavs win. Whoever wins game 3 will win the series.

If rooting for specific players makes me a bandwagon fan, then I am. I feel its tough to call someone that when he roots for TMac this year or Ken Griffey for all those injury seasons. I don't live near a NBA city. I have consistently been confused by 2 comments haters have had on the Heat. 1. They say the Heat have the most talent but then people predict Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Bulls, and Celtics over them. They have no center or pg. The only 2 guys besides the big 3 that got money were injured nearly the whole season and are still not in game shape mentally. 2. Lebron is not competitive enough because he went to a team that gives him the best chance to win the title. Do we really want players to handicap themselves now? Why doesn't Kobe shoot Lefty for the first 70 games of the season? How about Rose gain 30 lbs of fat in the offseason? No fan would want that so why are we hating on Lebron for taking less money to give himself a chance to win multiple titles?

Mike Bibby is a good enough pg. Illgauskas and Haslem do the job at centre also. Why don't you just pick a team and stick to it?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:55 am

freakzilla wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

Mike Bibby is a good enough pg. Illgauskas and Haslem do the job at centre also. Why don't you just pick a team and stick to it?

You do realize Ilgauskas hasn't played in 8 games and Haslem is 6'8. He can't guard 7 footers. Mike Bibby is solid but until Game 2 in the Finals, he couldn't hit a shot. He is awful at defense so he is only an asset when shooting well.
As for sticking with a team, I do that with the Oakland Raiders and Kentucky Wildcats. I guess I think being loyal to a player is not very different than being loyal to a team. The NBA has too many cyclical teams and I don't live near any of them. Who am I supposed to root for then? I'm too big of a fan of the sport to really align myself with a specific team. I just enjoy every aspect of basketball and want the very best rewarded for their efforts.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:28 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

You do realize Ilgauskas hasn't played in 8 games and Haslem is 6'8. He can't guard 7 footers. Mike Bibby is solid but until Game 2 in the Finals, he couldn't hit a shot. He is awful at defense so he is only an asset when shooting well.
As for sticking with a team, I do that with the Oakland Raiders and Kentucky Wildcats. I guess I think being loyal to a player is not very different than being loyal to a team. The NBA has too many cyclical teams and I don't live near any of them. Who am I supposed to root for then? I'm too big of a fan of the sport to really align myself with a specific team. I just enjoy every aspect of basketball and want the very best rewarded for their efforts.

I meant for the season. Illgauskas played the whole season and Haslem has done the job in the playoffs. Chicago had Longley and Wellington at centre. When you have Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Bibby starting you don't need a dominating centre.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:22 am

NBA Finals OH7BG
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Who's watching the Mavs crew just on fire from 3pt land?

Dirk is 4 for 20 or something but damn his team is coming through BIG

The Jet Terry, Bay Area native J Kidd, Juan Jose Barrea!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:23 pm

mavs are up by 12 now. close it out! i want the heat to lose so bad.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:26 pm

Is LeBron's only move to put his head down and charge into the lane hoping for a foul or lay up?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:37 pm

DAS BOOT!!!!

Dirk coming through in the 4th!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Dirk plays his best in the 4th it seems. He shot like shit for the first 3 quarters but he put in 10 points in the 4th quarter.

Great win by Mavs. Congrats to Dallas.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:07 am

Good job Mavs. Shut Queen James down
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:46 am

this makes me so happy. i hope that lebron never wins a ring.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:04 am

powerpuncher wrote:this makes me so happy. i hope that lebron never wins a ring.

+1
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:09 am

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:19 am

powerpuncher wrote:dallas all the way! they beat my blazers which i was upset about but then they beat the lakers and thunder who i hate both of them and if they beat miami then they will have beaten the 3 teams that i mostly didnt want to win.

miami is what is wrong with sports in general. they are like the yankees. bird and magic both said that they would never be on a team together because they wanted to beat each other. they knew that they would win if they played together. plus, lebron is a cry baby. thats mostly what i cant stand about him. i really hope that he never wins a ring.

I'll continue to root for James to win multiple rings. I still have not gotten a straight answer how taking less money to give you a greater chance to win championships is whats wrong and uncompetitive in sports. I can't disagree about being a cry baby or arrogant but the vast majority in the NBA are just the same to me. Tim Duncan believes he has NEVER commited a foul in his career. Dirk has been lauded this past series but always holds his hand up after every big shot. I think Durant and Rose are the only 2 humble stars I know of. Dallas's payroll was about 1.5 times that of Miami so I don't know how Miami is Yankee-like: Payrolls

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:50 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Wtf is Jim Grey doing interviewing LeBron.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:33 pm

You guys hear what LeBails James said after the game?

All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

what a fool
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:27 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:dallas all the way! they beat my blazers which i was upset about but then they beat the lakers and thunder who i hate both of them and if they beat miami then they will have beaten the 3 teams that i mostly didnt want to win.

I'll continue to root for James to win multiple rings. I still have not gotten a straight answer how taking less money to give you a greater chance to win championships is whats wrong and uncompetitive in sports. I can't disagree about being a cry baby or arrogant but the vast majority in the NBA are just the same to me. Tim Duncan believes he has NEVER commited a foul in his career. Dirk has been lauded this past series but always holds his hand up after every big shot. I think Durant and Rose are the only 2 humble stars I know of. Dallas's payroll was about 1.5 times that of Miami so I don't know how Miami is Yankee-like: Payrolls
dont believe for a second that the miami big 3 actually thought that they would end up making less money. big NBA stars make way more money off of endorsements than they do with their salary. because of what they did, i guarantee they are making more money than before because of their popularity (whether its good or bad). lebron also doesnt have heart but acts like a punk. for example, i hate kobe even more than lebron but at least kobe backs it up and works hard for it. lebron comes off as someone who uses his athletic gift to get by and hopefully win without having to work as hard. and dont compare lebron to a guy like duncan. duncan is a very well respected man and a good guy who has put in his time in college and the NBA to get where he is at. lebron again just used talent and wanted to join his friends so he left cleveland to be with his friends. and most of all, i just hate his attitude. he just sounds like an idiot and says really stupid things. neither duncan nor dirk are at all like lebron so dont compare them.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:48 pm

powerpuncher wrote:dont believe for a second that the miami big 3 actually thought that they would end up making less money. big NBA stars make way more money off of endorsements than they do with their salary. because of what they did, i guarantee they are making more money than before because of their popularity (whether its good or bad). lebron also doesnt have heart but acts like a punk. for example, i hate kobe even more than lebron but at least kobe backs it up and works hard for it. lebron comes off as someone who uses his athletic gift to get by and hopefully win without having to work as hard. and dont compare lebron to a guy like duncan. duncan is a very well respected man and a good guy who has put in his time in college and the NBA to get where he is at. lebron again just used talent and wanted to join his friends so he left cleveland to be with his friends. and most of all, i just hate his attitude. he just sounds like an idiot and says really stupid things. neither duncan nor dirk are at all like lebron so dont compare them.

I guarantee Lebron would've made more money in NYC or Chicago. I think he probably would've made more in Cleveland because he was established and had the hometown thing going for him. Lebron decimated Boston and Chicago in the 4th quarter and statistically had a better overall playoff than one Dirk Nowitiski but won't get that credit. I know its all about winning so I accept Dirk did what was needed and Lebron didn't. He has improved his jump shot each year as well as turned himself into the premier wing defender. That is swept under the rug with the statistical sacrifice he made becoming part of a more balanced team. I think Duncan complains to the refs more than any other player in the league and that is why I compared the 2. I'm going to sound bitter here but how did Duncan work to get Robinson, Parker, and Ginobli on his team and Pop on the bench? The Spurs got lucky the Admiral went down and they won the lottery when they already had a core in place. You mentioned you didn't like Lebron because he complains but Dwight Howard led in T's, Duncan complains every play, Bynum takes players out and Kobe scowls if he does anything remotely clutch. Not many players behave like Rose and Durant. I think Lebron has been painted like the villain and you have taken it hook, line, and sinker.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:20 pm

LeBron hasnt been painted as anything, its just the way he is

I get that he catches a lot of shit for The Decision, but since then, he's egged on the haters more than anyone

STFU and handle your business on the court.

Improved D great, but how about some offensive moves???
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:22 pm

gomez1012 wrote:LeBron hasnt been painted as anything, its just the way he is

I get that he catches a lot of shit for The Decision, but since then, he's egged on the haters more than anyone

STFU and handle your business on the court.

Improved D great, but how about some offensive moves???

Since I know I'm in the minority, this will probably be my last post in this thread. Anyways, what about Lebron is villainous? The sacrificing of money and stats to chase a championship? The way he bonds with teammates until they feel like brothers? Is it his arrogance? Has he every gotten a DUI or did anything to bring a legal investigation in any manner? Has he gone into the stands after fans? Is it the way he played for his country summer after summer while working on his game in the offseason? Again, I know it is the arrogance but I don't know of any NBA guy without that besides Durant and Rose. Everyone has confidence at that level and if they don't they must fake it.

Admittedly he needs more post moves but his passing ability and penetration is 2nd to none. His shooting is improved. I truly believe there is not 1 other player in history that would've been crucified over a triple double being a weak performance like him.

I understand I won't change your mind but you won't change mine either Laughing

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next