The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Martinez "I will not allow Chavez Jr. to escape"

5 posters

Go down

Sergio Martinez "I will not allow Chavez Jr. to escape" Empty Sergio Martinez "I will not allow Chavez Jr. to escape"

Post  Shaun Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez "I will not allow Chavez Jr. to escape" Empty Re: Sergio Martinez "I will not allow Chavez Jr. to escape"

Post  Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:13 am

interesting read.martinez -chavez would do well money wise..i see martinez values the wbc belt.interesting.

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez "I will not allow Chavez Jr. to escape" Empty Re: Sergio Martinez "I will not allow Chavez Jr. to escape"

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:28 am

Totally contradicts his sentiments in The Ring this month where he states that Pirog isn't worthy of a fight. What makes Chavez worthy?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:33 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Totally contradicts his sentiments in The Ring this month where he states that Pirog isn't worthy of a fight. What makes Chavez worthy?

he deserves a big money fight and whether we think he can fight or not, Chavez Jr. brings the cash with him to the table.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:37 am

dmar5143 wrote:interesting read.martinez -chavez would do well money wise..i see martinez values the wbc belt.interesting.
All fighter Value their belts. Ortiz in his post fight presser was seemed the happiest man alive for holding the green belt. He was saying round after round in the Berto fight, all that was going through his mind was "and the new WBC" (repeat)

We as fans dont hold much value in them, but they mean the world to a lot of fighters.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:36 am

Diego408 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:interesting read.martinez -chavez would do well money wise..i see martinez values the wbc belt.interesting.
All fighter Value their belts. Ortiz in his post fight presser was seemed the happiest man alive for holding the green belt. He was saying round after round in the Berto fight, all that was going through his mind was "and the new WBC" (repeat)

We as fans dont hold much value in them, but they mean the world to a lot of fighters.

true. Ortiz never has won a major belt so I can understand his affinity for it. I believe the WBC belt that was stripped from martinez was the same belt his idol, Monson had held. and martinez was rather late in his career to get to the major belt level. Those two guys I understand a bit why they are enamored with the belts.

I don't get guys who have held belts in multiple divisions and been titleholders for over half a decade getting excited about trinkets.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Marinez swings off the WBC because his idole Monzon had the trinket. Even though the WBC done nothing but fuck him over.

Boxers are not the brightest bunch
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum