The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johnny Gonzalez vs Rafael marquez???

4 posters

Go down

Johnny Gonzalez vs Rafael marquez??? Empty Johnny Gonzalez vs Rafael marquez???

Post  captainanddew Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:46 pm

from boxingscene:

The former bantamweight and featherweight champion, Rafael Marquez, has learned that the brand new WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez has mentioned his name for a possible first defense. And in such a situation Marquez said: "We are happy to fight. "

Rafael Marquez said that he is probably going to fight again on the June 4th undercard to the Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.-Sebastian Zbik middleweight clash at Staples Center in California.

"They could put me in there against Jhonny. It would be a great fight, a fight that fans would like to see - ending with a knockout because the two of us hit very hard," said Rafael said. "I'm ready. I don't want him to think that I'm ignoring him or that I'm not interested."

Jhonny returned back to Mexico last Saturday from a trip to Japan, where he knocked out Hozumi Hasegawa to win the WBC crown. Upon his arrival, he named Marquez as his possible next challenger.

Marquez is training a few days a week in the gym with his coach, former world champion Daniel Zaragoza.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Johnny Gonzalez vs Rafael marquez??? Empty Re: Johnny Gonzalez vs Rafael marquez???

Post  Groundhog Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:29 pm

could see jhonny by points. rafa did as good as he could vs JML, tho i don't put much stock in the fourth vazquez win. izzys eye would have open if you breathed on it too hard. gonzo was doing well against nishioka tell he got one-punched.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Johnny Gonzalez vs Rafael marquez??? Empty Re: Johnny Gonzalez vs Rafael marquez???

Post  Diego408 Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:35 am

could be a great fight, hopefully it happens. Gonzalez, no chin with a lot of power, hes just entertaining to watch. Hopefully they put this on because Chavez jr vs Zbik is gonna be a stinker.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:40 am

Sweet fight, LA crowd will be treated with this scrap.

All you west coasters should think about going to the card.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Diego408 wrote:could be a great fight, hopefully it happens. Gonzalez, no chin with a lot of power, hes just entertaining to watch. Hopefully they put this on because Chavez jr vs Zbik is gonna be a stinker.

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down