The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are finally done with Sam Peter - KO'd

+4
SlickMoney
gomez1012
Rum Capital
captainanddew
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We are finally done with Sam Peter - KO'd Empty We are finally done with Sam Peter - KO'd

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Unbeaten heavyweight Robert Helenius (15-0, 10 KOs) scored his biggest win with a spectacular ninth round knockout of former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel Peter (34-5, 27 KOs). The much taller Helinius mostly worked behind his jab, showing Peter a lot of respect early. Peter, who came in at a career hight 259.9, was the aggressor. That pattern changed in round nine when Helinius dropped Peter with a left hook, then laid him out for the count with his follow up attack. Time was 1:15. The fight was for both the WBA/WBO I/C belts.

My view:
Helenius is moving up the ladder in the weak HW division in the proper manner. Taking out ex-belt holders and using them as stepping stones to eventually facing some top guys.

I'm still amazed some of you guys are banging the Derek Chisora drum. He and Helenius are the same age.

Helenius 15 fights. Chisora 14.

Chisora's last 6 opponents: 102-46-1; best opponents Sexton (13-1) and Danny Williams (41-8);

Helenius's last 6 opponents: 158-18-0; best opponents Lamon Brewster (35-5) and Sam Peter (34-4).

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

We are finally done with Sam Peter - KO'd Empty san peter was koed

Post  Rum Capital Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Unbeaten heavyweight Robert Helenius (15-0, 10 KOs) scored his biggest win with a spectacular ninth round knockout of former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel Peter (34-5, 27 KOs) on Saturday night at the Gerry Weber Stadium in Halle, Germany. The much taller Helinius mostly worked behind his jab, showing Peter a lot of respect early. Peter, who came in at a career hight 259.9, was the aggressor. That pattern changed in round nine when Helinius dropped Peter with a left hook, then laid him out for the count with his follow up attack. Time was 1:15. The fight was for both the WBA/WBO I/C belts.

In the main event, WBO cruiserweight champion Marco Huck (32-1, 23 KOs) took a twelve round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten Ran Nakash (25-1, 18 KOs). Nakash came right at Huck and applied continuous pressure, while Huck preferred to work at long range. Many rounds were competitive, but Huck did more and came away with a 118-110, 118-110, 116-112 win. Nakash replaced injured Giacobbe Fragomeni on late notice.

In a surprise, three-time European light heavyweight champion Thomas Ulrich (32-6, 22 KOs), now campaigning as a super middleweight, was stopped in round seven by little known Lithuanian Sergej Rozvadovskij (5-0-2, 4 KOs). Time was 1:49. Ulrich was down in round two and was never in the fight.

In a clash for the vacant EBU-EU light heavyweight belt, Artur Hein (14-1-1, 8 KOs) and Tony Averlant (15-5-2, 3 KOs) battled to a twelve round draw. Scores were 116-112 Hein, 115-113 Averlant and 114-114.

Unbeaten middleweight Dominik Britsch (22-0, 7 KOs) outpointed Jozsef Matolcsi (29-14, 20 KOs) over eight by scores of 78-71, 77-74 and 78-74. Good win for Britsch as Matolcsi has beaten former world title challenger Mahir Oral in his last fight.

Light heavyweight Dustin Dirks moved to 19-0, 13 KOs after a one-sided sixth round TKO against Roberto Cocco (10-8-1, 5 KOs).

Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

We are finally done with Sam Peter - KO'd Empty Re: We are finally done with Sam Peter - KO'd

Post  Rum Capital Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:45 pm

dam it i didn't see this somebody erase my thread i didn't see captains
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

We are finally done with Sam Peter - KO'd Empty Re: We are finally done with Sam Peter - KO'd

Post  gomez1012 Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:47 pm

captainanddew wrote:Unbeaten heavyweight Robert Helenius (15-0, 10 KOs) scored his biggest win with a spectacular ninth round knockout of former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel Peter (34-5, 27 KOs). The much taller Helinius mostly worked behind his jab, showing Peter a lot of respect early. Peter, who came in at a career hight 259.9, was the aggressor. That pattern changed in round nine when Helinius dropped Peter with a left hook, then laid him out for the count with his follow up attack. Time was 1:15. The fight was for both the WBA/WBO I/C belts.

My view:
Helenius is moving up the ladder in the weak HW division in the proper manner. Taking out ex-belt holders and using them as stepping stones to eventually facing some top guys.

I'm still amazed some of you guys are banging the Derek Chisora drum. He and Helenius are the same age.

Chisora's last 6 opponents: 102-46-1; best opponents Sexton (13-1) and Danny Williams (41-8);

Helenius's last 6 opponents: 158-18-0; best opponents Lamon Brewster (35-5) and Sam Peter (34-4).

Rolling Eyes

Chisora's wins where last year and he's been in line to fight Wlad TWICE. Helenus just won TODAY!

Lamon Brewster is the equivalent of Williams/Sexton at the stage of his career Helenius fought him at
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:48 pm

KTFO!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:50 pm

damn he fucked him up.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:50 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

KTFO!

And down goes Koko B. Ware!!
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:58 pm

No more Who Necks
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Good riddance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:14 pm

When you walk stright in with your hands down you're asking for trouble.The man has the speed of a three toed sloth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:22 pm

good riddance is right.the ko made my day.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:59 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Unbeaten heavyweight Robert Helenius (15-0, 10 KOs) scored his biggest win with a spectacular ninth round knockout of former WBC heavyweight champion Samuel Peter (34-5, 27 KOs). The much taller Helinius mostly worked behind his jab, showing Peter a lot of respect early. Peter, who came in at a career hight 259.9, was the aggressor. That pattern changed in round nine when Helinius dropped Peter with a left hook, then laid him out for the count with his follow up attack. Time was 1:15. The fight was for both the WBA/WBO I/C belts.

My view:

Rolling Eyes

Chisora's wins where last year and he's been in line to fight Wlad TWICE. Helenus just won TODAY!

Lamon Brewster is the equivalent of Williams/Sexton at the stage of his career Helenius fought him at

Gomez, please do not bold part of people's posts and ignore the rest.

Chisora has faced 6 guys with 28 more combined losses and 56 less combined wins than what Helenius has faced in his last 6 fights.

And no matter what you say Sexton isn't equivalent to Brewster or Peter at any point. Comparing a guy whose claim to fame is beating an Irish cab driver to guys who had been world class fighters in the past, is a joke.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:12 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

KTFO!

Sad

I guess we should all take notice of Helinius now.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Ali wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

KTFO!

Sad

I guess we should all take notice of Helinius now.

I saw him fight against bydenko who isn't a horrible Euro level fighter. He beat Brewster up. He fought Levin in a card in November and some of us watched it. Helenius looked subpar during the first round and flattened him in the 2nd for the KO. Now he KOs Peter.

I am a broken record but he has fought much better competition and honestly has been more impressive than Chisora at same age and same number of fights.

I like Chisora as a fighter but he got way too much respect for beating Sexton. Everyone forgets he was gassed after about 4 rounds and some of us were not exactly thrilled with the performance (we watched the fight-the super 7 done by Warren in August or September of last year; I remember Marble posting on Ninjas in the middle rounds that neither guy was throwing punches).

Chisora has potential but he would get decapitated against either Klit.

Helenius isn't ready for them either, I just used him as another up and coming fighter (for comparisons sake) who is further along to try to make the point that Chisora is far from the best opponent for them.

Let both of these guys continue to develop and then maybe, just maybe, Chisora or Helenius can beat Wlad or Vitali in a year or so.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:26 pm

captainanddew wrote:

Chisora has faced 6 guys with 28 more combined losses and 56 less combined wins than what Helenius has faced in his last 6 fights.

And no matter what you say Sexton isn't equivalent to Brewster or Peter at any point. Comparing a guy whose claim to fame is beating an Irish cab driver to guys who had been world class fighters in the past, is a joke.

Helenius has just emerged on the scene! I dont get how much your over him because of a KO over Peter thats been pummeled by the K Bros three times.

Can agree that both guys coming up in the division. You like Helenius. I got it.

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:28 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Helenius has just emerged on the scene! I dont get how much your over him because of a KO over Peter thats been pummeled by the K Bros three times.

Can agree that both guys coming up in the division. You like Helenius. I got it.

I've seen the guy fight 3 times before today's fight against okay competition and he looked pretty good. I didn't jump up and down because he KO'd Peter.

He has been on the radar for 18 months. One of his fights was on sebastian sylvester card from Germany (Brewster KO). Another fight was on the Valuev Haye undercard(Byadenko TKO). Another-on the Froch Abraham undercard (Levin KO)
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Here's how I see the opponents you mentioned as good

-Peter KO is a good win, but be real, pummeled thrice by the K Bros
-Brewster - the one who was done YEARS ago and was returning after an EYE injury
-Bydenko - Euro HW stepping stone, Boysturd's win over him more impressive

And thats it. Good wins for a fighter climbing the ladder in this sorry division.

Combined win/loss record? Stats? This isnt baseball.

I like Helenius, I even posted I think he'd take Peter because of his jab and solid power.

I just dont get your hate for Chisora? What did he do to you? Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:35 pm

LOL Captain you really have a problem with Chisora now because we want to see him face Vitali.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:38 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Here's how I see the opponents you mentioned as good

-Peter KO is a good win, but be real, pummeled thrice by the K Bros
-Brewster - the one who was done YEARS ago and was returning after an EYE injury
-Bydenko - Euro HW stepping stone, Boysturd's win over him more impressive

And thats it. Good wins for a fighter climbing the ladder in this sorry division.

Combined win/loss record? Stats? This isnt baseball.

I like Helenius, I even posted I think he'd take Peter because of his jab and solid power.

I just dont get your hate for Chisora? What did he do to you? Laughing

Byadenko would beat Sexton who Chisora beat twice. Danny Williams was as shot or more than Brewster.

I like Chisora. I just bring up Helenius just to show how ridiculous it is that you guys are calling for Chisora to get spanked. . Chisora has fought less experienced (and worse) fighters than Helenius has.

Neither is ready. It is a joke that you call for Chisora to get a shot. It was an absolute joke that he was ever mentioned as an opponent at this point in his career.

Last edited by captainanddew on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Ali wrote:LOL Captain you really have a problem with Chisora now because we want to see him face Vitali.

I like Chisora. You guys are just ridiculous in calling for him to face Vitali and thinking he is remotely ready for either Klitschko. He is less developed than Helenius. Helenius further along and he isn't close to ready.

Let them develop so that we may get rid of the Klits!!!!! It is a bad idea to want pretty good prospects to get destroyed when they can develop for 12-18 months and then maybe, get rid of the boring Ukranian robots!!!!!!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:43 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:LOL Captain you really have a problem with Chisora now because we want to see him face Vitali.

I like Chisora. You guys are just ridiculous in calling for him to face Vitali and thinking he is remotely ready for either Klitschko. He is less developed than Helenius. Helenius further along and he isn't close to ready.

Let them develop so that we may get rid of the Klits(or at the least be ready to give us a hell of a fight)!!!!! It is a bad idea to want pretty good prospects to get destroyed when they can develop for 12-18 months and then maybe, get rid of the boring Ukranian robots (or at least make them really work for it)!!!!!!!!

The best chance to get rid of the Klits is for Helenius, Chisora, Boystov, and the other prospects to progress for another 12-24 months and then each have their shot at the Klits.

If they keep developing, then maybe one of them can rid of us the KLITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ISN'T THAT WHAT WE ALL WANT??????? I don't really care to see Chisora laid out face first after 4 rounds this Summer.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:56 pm

captainanddew wrote:The best chance to get rid of the Klits is for Helenius, Chisora, Boystov, and the other prospects to progress for another 12-24 months and then each have their shot at the Klits.

If they keep developing, then maybe one of them can rid of us the KLITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ISN'T THAT WHAT WE ALL WANT??????? I don't really care to see Chisora laid out face first after 4 rounds this Summer.

Thats the spirit! LETS SEE IT.

I like Chisora because of his speed, power, and puts together combinations. He'd be a challenge to either bro for as long as he lasts.

I dont see HWs getting any better, would rather see the new blood of the division get a shot at Wlad/Vitali than another retread like the White Wolf

Helenius, Chisora, Povetkin, Boysturd line them up!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:13 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:The best chance to get rid of the Klits is for Helenius, Chisora, Boystov, and the other prospects to progress for another 12-24 months and then each have their shot at the Klits.

Thats the spirit! LETS SEE IT.

I like Chisora because of his speed, power, and puts together combinations. He'd be a challenge to either bro for as long as he lasts.

I dont see HWs getting any better, would rather see the new blood of the division get a shot at Wlad/Vitali than another retread like the White Wolf

Helenius, Chisora, Povetkin, Boysturd line them up!!

Povetkin should be the one.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Already has his chance, step aside for the other new comers
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:22 am

As a HW, Peter's gone from a "Never Been" to a "Has -Been/ Never - Been." At this point, you guys would throw your grandmother in against Wlad if you thought she could win a round.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next