The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arreola vs Sam Peter possible

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arreola vs Sam Peter possible Empty Arreola vs Sam Peter possible

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:19 pm

If Adamek chooses Hasim Rahman over Sam Peter for his April date in Poland, the IBF would make Arreola vs Peter an eliminator. I love that fight ! Two granite chinned KO punchers.

from virruscene:

If Adamek refuses to face Peter, then Chris Arreola is next available contender in the rankings. Gotzev is very open to making a Peter-Arreola fight.

"I hope Arreola is man enough to take the fight. I think he is, and that fight is even better and would be more explosive. With Adamek, he will have his running shoes on and we have to catch him. With Arreola, we won't have to run because Arreola will be right in front of Sam. If Adamek doesn't come to the dance, maybe Arreola will," Gotzev said

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34462

Back to top Go down

Arreola vs Sam Peter possible Empty Re: Arreola vs Sam Peter possible

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:27 pm

HBO should make this happen ASAP

Arreola better not sleep on Abell
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:08 pm

peter-areola is a good matchup..adamek whats going on..fucking rahman please..he takes that fight im hoping rock puts one on him for the ten count..

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:50 pm

HBO should put this fight in one of their undercards, its solid and could end up being a very entertainig HW fight, which is rare these days. Arreola will never be a champion or be able to compete in the highest level (against wlad-vitali), but hes an exciting fighter and I like watching him fight. I hate HBO matching him with weak ass competition though. They shouldnt over pay to build a fighter, they should let promoters do that. They should pay for only championship match ups (like Lopez-Gamboa, Bradely-Alexander, Donaire-Montiel if you get my drift).
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Is Rahman really that much worse of an opponent than Sam Peter? IMO they both such and Adamek should be calling out that bum Haye. Fuck DAVID HAYE!!!!
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Peter is a huge improvement over Rahman

Rahman's been through for years now
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:03 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Is Rahman really that much worse of an opponent than Sam Peter? IMO they both such and Adamek should be calling out that bum Haye. Fuck DAVID HAYE!!!!

Are you being serious ? Rahman hasn't been relevant in the division for years, I honestly think Peter could stop Adamek so it doesn't surprise me that his team are avoiding that fight.

Last edited by Ali on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:07 am

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Is Rahman really that much worse of an opponent than Sam Peter? IMO they both such and Adamek should be calling out that bum Haye. Fuck DAVID HAYE!!!!

Are you being serious ? Rahman has been relevant in the division for years, I honestly think Peter could stop Adamek so it doesn't surprise my that his team are avoiding that fight.

Sam Peter just got half murdered by Wlad. It was a fucking slaughter that most guys should retire after. He looked sluggish and slow and took one of the worst beatings I've ever seen short of getting killed.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Are you being serious ? Rahman has been relevant in the division for years, I honestly think Peter could stop Adamek so it doesn't surprise my that his team are avoiding that fight.

Sam Peter just got half murdered by Wlad. It was a fucking slaughter that most guys should retire after. He looked sluggish and slow and took one of the worst beatings I've ever seen short of getting killed.

Adamek isn't Wlad, he was hurt in the 12th round of the Michael Grant fight and Arreola also had him on his bicycle more than once.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:27 am

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Adamek isn't Wlad, he was hurt in the 12th round of the Michael Grant fight and Arreola also had him on his bicycle more than once.

Ill bet you any dollar amount that Peter looks like dog shit for the rest of his career. Your assesment of the HW division has been abysmal lately. I think you need to stop drinking the Kool Hayed.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ill bet you any dollar amount that Peter looks like dog shit for the rest of his career. Your assesment of the HW division has been abysmal lately. I think you need to stop drinking the Kool Hayed.

So just because I am Haye fan you'll ignore the fact Adamek has been hurt by heavyweights ?

I am not the denying the beating Wladimir gave Peter won't effect his career, but Peter is still a top legit heavyweight, beating Peter would justify Adamek getting a shot at either brother.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:16 am

We talking the same fat fuck Peter who got out-boxed by Fat Eddie Chambers, the blown-up Cruiserweight? That Sam Peter?

Peter sucks. If Arreola shows any kind dedication and loses 15-20 pounds, it'll be a easy night for him.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:23 am

GrantZilla wrote:We talking the same fat fuck Peter who got out-boxed by Fat Eddie Chambers, the blown-up Cruiserweight? That Sam Peter?

Peter sucks. If Arreola shows any kind dedication and loses 15-20 pounds, it'll be a easy night for him.

Peter has heavy hands for a heavyweight, he has more than enough power to trouble Adamek. After the Chambers loss he changed trainers and dedicated himself more to the sport.

I can see Peter knocking out both guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:32 am

Where is the evidence to support this Ali? Since losing to Chambers, he fought a bunch of bums.

Nagy Aguilera (15-2-0)
Gabe Brown (18-12-4)
Ronald Bellamy (14-9-4)
Marcus McGee (22-16-0)

Of course he'd look better against those kind of cans. The only top ten HW he's beaten was Maskaev, which says nothing.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:33 am

GrantZilla wrote:Where is the evidence to support this Ali? Since losing to Chambers, he fought a bunch of bums.

Nagy Aguilera (15-2-0)
Gabe Brown (18-12-4)
Ronald Bellamy (14-9-4)
Marcus McGee (22-16-0)

Of course he'd look better against those kind of cans. The only top ten HW he's beaten was Maskaev, which says nothing.

I am talking about his physique, after the Chambers loss he started lose weight and train hard.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:38 am

He stills sucks. He never was good. He was good at beating bums on FNF with his cave man style. Arreola is far better boxer. If he actualy get's into any kind of shape, he'll combination punch Peter to death.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:40 am

GrantZilla wrote:He stills sucks. He never was good. He was good at beating bums on FNF with his cave man style. Arreola is far better boxer. If he actualy get's into any kind of shape, he'll combination punch Peter to death.

I never claimed Peter was an outstanding boxer, he's a brute who likes to pound his opponents into submission.

Arreola isn't that better a boxer, people overlook that fact he's got poor skills and blame it all on his weight, which isn't true because Arreola has poor footwork and no defense at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:52 am

Ali wrote:Arreola isn't that better a boxer, people overlook that fact he's got poor skills and blame it all on his weight, which isn't true because Arreola has poor footwork and no defense at all.

Not entirly accurate. Arreola when at a reasonable weight is far better boxer.
Arreola at 229
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:51 am

peter-aeorla is a good matchup.peter to me has always been a vastly overated heavy and not a murderous puncher like the boxing writers claim..hes strong and does have power but doesnt know how to use it in the form of true punching power..
he has made some improvements since changing trainers but still leaves much to be desired ..both guys are tough guys and both are established names in the HW division and both are still worthy of a top 10 ranking ..both guys basicaly dont know how to fight.theres several things they do poorly.
why the crtizism of peter when that critizism should be directed at adamek..adamek looks like he will fight rahman whos been washed up for years..he fought grant another washed up heavy who almost beat him.golata a fat overweight washed up heavy who took far more beatings then peter.anthony m a third rate glorifield sparing poartner and he was seriously considering fighting roy jones jr another fighter whos downhill slide that has hit bottom.
it was adamek himself that suggested and wanted the jones fight..adameks a very likeable guy.he draws well in AC cause hes polish and duva has marketed and promoted him well.he does have skills beyound peter and aerola yes.
hes going to poland to fight and hes extremly popular there.but why rahman..look there are 3or 4 HWS in eastren europe on the rise that he could fight and have a following in that area..makes sence especialy in poland..not one name was mentioned at all.
we all like adamek as a likeable guy who has shown good skills...but talk about fighting deadbeats washed up for years type of guys stiffs cans thats adameks speciality in his jocking for a fight with one of the K brothers..
why the crtisim of a peter-aerola fight which is i feel not only a good matchup but a competetive one..if grant wasnt quite as old or if he had a little more left to step up the pace he would of taken adamek out of there..
again in eastren europe there are HWS adamek should fight if hes going to poland.duva and company are taking instead whats viewd as the extra safe route.they will continue that route for the next year untill they get wlad or vitali..and no one will critize him for fighting washed up for years guys and thell call him a worthy contender..based on WHAT..thats the only reason im rooting for rahman to ko him..i like adamek dont get me wrong but ill stop being a fan of his untill he fights a somewhat credible fighter..whos next..hollifield sounds good for him..dont be suprized if they start tossing evanders name around...

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:58 am

I don't give Adamek a hard time mainly because let's be real, he's not a legit HW, and he's only in the division because he couldn't get TV dates as the Cruiser Champ. Pretty sad, because that's were he belongs.

From what I gathered, Peter's camp wanted more money then Adamek's camp was willing to pay. Peter not a draw, Adamek will be the draw. So Peter realy is entitled to little. Why does he deserve a payday? For getting his ass kicked by Wlad?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:30 am

gomez1012 wrote:Peter is a huge improvement over Rahman

how so, Peter got absolutely clobbered by both Klits with only a 3 fight win streak against 3 total cans. He took 2 beatings that a fighter doesn't recover from.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:27 am

captainanddew wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Peter is a huge improvement over Rahman

how so, Peter got absolutely clobbered by both Klits with only a 3 fight win streak against 3 total cans. He took 2 beatings that a fighter doesn't recover from.

Peter is a top ten heavyweight, Rahman hasn't been relevant in the division for four years.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:51 am

Peter has only looked like crap vs the TWO best fighters in the division & the terrible effort vs Chambers

Im with Ali on this, Peter has great shot at stopping both. Came into great shape vs Wlad and each time he stopped those cans. Aguilera smoked Maskaev!!

Rahman is nothing but a club fighter at this point
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:53 am

gomez1012 wrote:Peter has only looked like crap vs the TWO best fighters in the division

Rahman is nothing but a club fighter at this point

Im with Ali on this, Peter has great shot at stopping both

Undisputed heavyweight champion of the world who nesh ? cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:58 am

Idk see how HBO doesnt make Peter vs Arreola

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content