The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pumped for Martinez vs. Dzinziruk - predictions?

+2
gomez1012
hardcorebee24
6 posters

Go down

Pumped for Martinez vs. Dzinziruk - predictions? Empty Pumped for Martinez vs. Dzinziruk - predictions?

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:10 pm

This should be a good scrap saturday night on HBO, I figure "Maravilla" will either knock Dzinziruk out, or this fight will go to a decision that could either way, Dzinziruk is an undefeated 37-0 with 23 KO's for a reason.

Conn. (HBO): Sergio Martinez vs. Sergiy Dzinziruk, 12 rounds, for Martinez's Ring middleweight title; Andy Lee vs. Craig McEwan, 10 rounds, middleweights.

Martinez is on a roll, so i'm going with him by TKO somewhere around the 6th round, who you kats got and why?

Back to top Go down

Pumped for Martinez vs. Dzinziruk - predictions? Empty Re: Pumped for Martinez vs. Dzinziruk - predictions?

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:38 pm

i like martinez yes hes on a roll.i know nothing about the other guy but friends from europe tell me dzinziruk is a dam good fighter of high quality.they give martinez the edge and say sergio in reality should be a slight favorite 8-5.they say dont be suprized if this is a close fight..we will see.im rooting for sergio of course.

Back to top Go down

Pumped for Martinez vs. Dzinziruk - predictions? Empty Re: Pumped for Martinez vs. Dzinziruk - predictions?

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Dzuri;lakjda;lkdfj has a beard and is a typical tall stand up Euro that is very technical, he's also a southpaw so no advantage there. He's beaten good competition at 154 but has never been in there at this weight with someone this good. Inactivity will show and Martinez,the more active fighter the last four years will win a UD.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Martinez KO
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:00 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Martinez KO

Bold, what makes you say that? Do you expect a one punch KO or a grinding wear the other guy down type?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:03 pm

I see a Martinez decision. Sergei knows how to box. I don't think the additional weight will be a big issue for him as martinez isn't a big middleweight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Drizasduihcsd never fought at 160, looked avg on ShoBox against a very slow fighter, and coming off a layoff

I think Martinez like you said, active, and already looked great at the weight

Bigger and faster guy wins
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:08 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Drizasduihcsd never fought at 160, looked avg on ShoBox against a very slow fighter, and coming off a layoff

I think Martinez like you said, active, and already looked great at the weight

Bigger and faster guy wins

I'm with you in the victory I just think that Sera;sldkfa;lskdfja;lsd Dza;lsdkfja;ldksfja;lsdkf's chin will stand up to what Martinez can dish out.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Martinez UD.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:13 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Dzuri;lakjda;lkdfj has a beard and is a typical tall stand up Euro that is very technical, he's also a southpaw so no advantage there. He's beaten good competition at 154 but has never been in there at this weight with someone this good. Inactivity will show and Martinez,the more active fighter the last four years will win a UD.

Good points, Dzinziruk is very inactive, he's been sitting on the WBO light middleweight title for close to 6 years and only fought 8 times since 2005, and just 3 times in the last 3 years. I can't see Dzinziruk winning this fight, even by a close decision. I believe the much more ring active Martinez is going to expose every bit of Dzinziruk's ring rust, take him into deep water and drown him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:36 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Martinez KO

Bold, what makes you say that? Do you expect a one punch KO or a grinding wear the other guy down type?
martinez has sparred with daniel santos for this fight and dzinziruk won a very close decision against santos a couple of years back. i don't know if this will help martinez much but it you never know and let's not forget that dzinziruks the one moving up as well.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:07 pm

I laugh everytime I see that gay Gif/sig of the "macho man", Rum. Hector should have called himself the "Tin-man", no telling what he could have done if he only had a brain. clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:20 pm

I am going to go with Martinez by close decision in an ugly fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Ali wrote:I am going to go with Martinez by close decision in an ugly fight.

Yup. This is why HBO sucks ass. Basicaly forced Martinez to fight a total nobody who known to make ugly, boring ass fights, that it's hard to look good in.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Yup. This is why HBO sucks ass. Basicaly forced Martinez to fight a total nobody who known to make ugly, boring ass fights, that it's hard to look good in.

I don't have a problem with HBO's stance in this matter, Sergei D deserves the chance to prove himself.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:18 pm

Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

I don't have a problem with HBO's stance in this matter, Sergei D deserves the chance to prove himself.

He's getting over-paid. If HBO all about giving him a chance, they'd match him against a top Jr Middle and put him on as co-feature of the Alverez fight.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:21 pm

It worked out for the best because now we're getting Lee vs McEwan as the co feature.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Ali wrote:It worked out for the best because now we're getting Lee vs McEwan as the co feature.

I guess, just hate how Martinez get's fucked over by HBO. Won't pay for him to fight Zibik, but they will pay for Bum Jr to fight him for the strap Martinez got stripped away.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 am

dmar5143 wrote:i like martinez yes hes on a roll.i know nothing about the other guy but friends from europe tell me dzinziruk is a dam good fighter of high quality.they give martinez the edge and say sergio in reality should be a slight favorite 8-5.they say dont be suprized if this is a close fight..we will see.im rooting for sergio of course.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a close fight, but I kind of doubt it, I say Dzinziruk's inactivity catches up to him, and Martinez is right at his peak as a fighter. This spells doom for Dzinziruk.

Last edited by Ring on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:37 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:It worked out for the best because now we're getting Lee vs McEwan as the co feature.

I guess, just hate how Martinez get's fucked over by HBO. Won't pay for him to fight Zibik, but they will pay for Bum Jr to fight him for the strap Martinez got stripped away.

I would love to see Martinez and K2 flip HBO the bird and jump to Showtime/CBS

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:19 am

Canvas wrote: I would love to see Martinez and K2 flip HBO the bird and jump to Showtime/CBS

Too bad Dibella made the stupid comments that Martinez is above Showtime.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:51 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Canvas wrote: I would love to see Martinez and K2 flip HBO the bird and jump to Showtime/CBS

Too bad Dibella made the stupid comments that Martinez is above Showtime.
That is a stupid comment. Dibella can be a pure idiot at times.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:40 am

promoters and managers need to learn to say nothing. "Showtime and HBO are great platforms for the sport. We will entertain all offers in deciding on the right television venue for Sergio's next fight." How fucking hard is it to repeat that???? Instead of him spewing off at the mouth.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:34 am

captainanddew wrote:promoters and managers need to learn to say nothing. "Showtime and HBO are great platforms for the sport. We will entertain all offers in deciding on the right television venue for Sergio's next fight." How fucking hard is it to repeat that???? Instead of him spewing off at the mouth.
...very true and the only wise choice business wise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down