The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawson hiring Steward is JT all over again

+7
GrantZilla
dbudge
gomez1012
Tobe
Soonermark890
Frank
qdagoverner
11 posters

Go down

Dawson hiring Steward is JT all over again Empty Dawson hiring Steward is JT all over again

Post  qdagoverner Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:41 am

you can teach skills and how to fight and jab however you cant teach heart and it seems Dawson has none..I dont think Mustafa was a bad trainer for him, Dawson just didnt listen, Eddie told him all the right things, Dawson at times just didnt want to engage..sort of like JT and Pay Burns...

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Dawson hiring Steward is JT all over again Empty Re: Dawson hiring Steward is JT all over again

Post  Frank Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:55 am

qdagoverner wrote:you can teach skills and how to fight and jab however you cant teach heart and it seems Dawson has none..I dont think Mustafa was a bad trainer for him, Dawson just didnt listen, Eddie told him all the right things, Dawson at times just didnt want to engage..sort of like JT and Pay Burns...
Yep.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Dawson hiring Steward is JT all over again Empty Re: Dawson hiring Steward is JT all over again

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:15 am

qdagoverner wrote:you can teach skills and how to fight and jab however you cant teach heart and it seems Dawson has none..I dont think Mustafa was a bad trainer for him, Dawson just didnt listen, Eddie told him all the right things, Dawson at times just didnt want to engage..sort of like JT and Pay Burns...
That right there is the reason I say he is the biggest disappointment to his fans. We all saw a guy that could just go out and destroy people if he just had some heart.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:56 am

Dawson has all the physical gifts you could want, and the boxing skills too. But you're right, he'll never be great unless he's got the heart and the will to win. There's only one guy in the ring, no matter who is in the corner.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Can easily picture Dawson tuning out Steward in between rounds as Emmanuel rips his non-punching strategy apart

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 pm

why are you guys giving Dawson such a hard time? he's still only been beaten once and we all know that was a fight he could've won. he is one of your nation's biggest talents yet you rip him to shreds, then you guys wonder why these fighters have no loyalty to the fans! I really hope it works oput for Dawson with Steward, i really hope that Manny can bring out the animal in Chad because he'd be a force to be reckoned with if it happened. Dawson has been fighting everybody at the top of 175lb, ignoring the stupid ABC's demands and like i said he has only had a bad night once. Does Chad Dawson have heart? of course Chad Dawson has heart, just the same as any man that laces up the gloves

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 pm

dbudge wrote:why are you guys giving Dawson such a hard time? he's still only been beaten once and we all know that was a fight he could've won. he is one of your nation's biggest talents yet you rip him to shreds, then you guys wonder why these fighters have no loyalty to the fans! I really hope it works oput for Dawson with Steward, i really hope that Manny can bring out the animal in Chad because he'd be a force to be reckoned with if it happened. Dawson has been fighting everybody at the top of 175lb, ignoring the stupid ABC's demands and like i said he has only had a bad night once. Does Chad Dawson have heart? of course Chad Dawson has heart, just the same as any man that laces up the gloves
But that is the question right now. Because of that last performance we are questioning it like all fans should right now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:00 pm

dbudge wrote:why are you guys giving Dawson such a hard time? he's still only been beaten once and we all know that was a fight he could've won. he is one of your nation's biggest talents yet you rip him to shreds, then you guys wonder why these fighters have no loyalty to the fans! I really hope it works oput for Dawson with Steward, i really hope that Manny can bring out the animal in Chad because he'd be a force to be reckoned with if it happened. Dawson has been fighting everybody at the top of 175lb, ignoring the stupid ABC's demands and like i said he has only had a bad night once. Does Chad Dawson have heart? of course Chad Dawson has heart, just the same as any man that laces up the gloves

Sure, he has only loss once but it's how he lost and how he reacted after the loss that speaks volumes about his character. I really do hope the guy goes on to be great, he sure has the skills to do it. However, he failed a big test in how he handled that first loss, IMO, and that makes it a legitimate question as to if he really has the "heart" to be great.

And BTW - he's not from my country, and my boy Pascal is the one who started this. Wink
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:07 pm

he had one bad night against a guy who is currently the undisputed Champion fo the division. instead of Pascal getting credit for coming out the blocks fast and stunning Dawson, it's all because Dawson had no heart??? heart is part of the package, he might not have as much heart as Pascal but he is still skilled and has still only lost once. him teaming up with Manny speaks volumes of his character too, it shows that he is willing to make sacrificies to get back to where he wants to be, it shows he is willing to make the necessary changes. he had a bad night against Pascal where the better man on the night won. i see it as demeaning to Jean Pascal

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Dawson didn't have one bad night. I have said this about Dawson, and so have others, even before his loss. He has no fighting spirit.

He let grandpa Johnson outwork him, and I beleive Johnson won that first fight. Then Dawson got his shit together in the rematch. But afterwords, back to same old Dawson. Taking rounds off, refusing to let his hands go, makings fights closer then they should be.

I suspected he had stamina issues, just like Taylor. I think he does. I don't think he can go 12 rounds being active.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:45 pm

Dawson has heart. What he lack is self-confidence. Many fighters have strugled with this same problem, some of them have been great fighters too. Guys like Roy Jones Jr., Wvladimir Klitschko, and Hector Camacho had the same problem. They had a TON of heart, but despite the feigned cockiness and arrogance, they lacked self confidece. Why? Because at some point they got tested. The got tested and the didnt LIKE the answers they had. Weak chin, bad stamina, flagging desire and will in a tough spot, whatever. They got tested and didnt like it so they tried various techniques and plans to AVOID ever being tested that way again. Jones avoided guys that could test him, Klitschko just avoids contact, and Camacho adjusted his style from aggressive to passive. I think Dawson has the same problem the fighters had right now. Some fighters face this and get over it. Amir Khan just did it in his last fight. Klitschko did it with Steward. Maybe Dawson can too.....................

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  qdagoverner Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:46 pm

wow great posts guys..yall hit it right on the button

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Well, apparently Mr. Dawson has been (Gasp) "exposed!!!!"
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:13 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Can easily picture Dawson tuning out Steward in between rounds as Emmanuel rips his non-punching strategy apart

I love it when Manny gets all mad Laughing

It's even funnier seeing Wladimir react when Manny gets angry.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Dan (Charlotte, NC)
Have you had a chance to talk with Chad Dawson yet ? How's he looking ?

Dan Rafael (2:15 PM)
I haven't. He did look solid at the weigh in. I did speak to Emanuel Steward before the weigh in and although he said Chad had a good camp and all, reading body language of Emanuel, who I have known for years, I didn't quite believe his heart was in his statements. For some reason I don't think he had a great camp based on the way Manny was reacting to questions.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Fri May 20, 2011 2:57 pm

How does Dawson have no heart?
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri May 20, 2011 6:03 pm

jz_hova wrote:

Its his last fight that has people saying that. BTW glad to see you back.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 20, 2011 6:15 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: Dawson has heart. What he lack is self-confidence. Many fighters have strugled with this same problem, some of them have been great fighters too. Guys like Roy Jones Jr., Wvladimir Klitschko, and Hector Camacho had the same problem. They had a TON of heart, but despite the feigned cockiness and arrogance, they lacked self confidece. Why? Because at some point they got tested. The got tested and the didnt LIKE the answers they had. Weak chin, bad stamina, flagging desire and will in a tough spot, whatever. They got tested and didnt like it so they tried various techniques and plans to AVOID ever being tested that way again. Jones avoided guys that could test him, Klitschko just avoids contact, and Camacho adjusted his style from aggressive to passive. I think Dawson has the same problem the fighters had right now. Some fighters face this and get over it. Amir Khan just did it in his last fight. Klitschko did it with Steward. Maybe Dawson can too.....................

It isn't the Pascal fight that troubled me about Dawson.
It was the Johnson and Tarver fights.
In both fights he took some rounds off completely.
And he would take parts of rounds off as well. It is almost as if he thinks I have 4 rounds in the bank, let me just kill 3 mins on the clock without getting hit. Or I have this round won as long as I don't engage and stink up the joint for the final minute of the round.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 20, 2011 6:17 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Dan (Charlotte, NC)
Have you had a chance to talk with Chad Dawson yet ? How's he looking ?

Dan Rafael (2:15 PM)
I haven't. He did look solid at the weigh in. I did speak to Emanuel Steward before the weigh in and although he said Chad had a good camp and all, reading body language of Emanuel, who I have known for years, I didn't quite believe his heart was in his statements. For some reason I don't think he had a great camp based on the way Manny was reacting to questions.

Yeah, but fat ass, you actually have to go to a boxer's camp like alot of boxing writers do. Fat Dan is a dumbass.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Fri May 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

People overreact when a fighter lose but to say Bad Chad has no heart is ridiculous. when he was shutting out Ademek and Tarver and had Bhop afraid to fight him
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri May 20, 2011 9:25 pm

jz_hova wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

People overreact when a fighter lose but to say Bad Chad has no heart is ridiculous. when he was shutting out Ademek and Tarver and had Bhop afraid to fight him
I hope you are right. I like Chad but he really needs to come back strong.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down