The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emanuel Steward.... R.I.P

+6
boxinglawyer
flapanther2001
Diego408
Soonermark890
captainanddew
dbudge
10 posters

Go down

Emanuel Steward.... R.I.P Empty Emanuel Steward.... R.I.P

Post  dbudge Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:53 pm

I can't begin to express the sadness that is going to be fel not only throughout the Boxing community, but throughout the whole World and by all of those that were lucky enough to know what a great great man "Manny" was..

I'm truly devestated by this news. For a man to come from such humble beginnings to become an immortal of boxing folklore is a truly remarkable and awe inspiring legend. Never will Manny be forgotten by the boxing world that will mourn extensively over our loss

R.I.P Manny

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Emanuel Steward.... R.I.P Empty Re: Emanuel Steward.... R.I.P

Post  captainanddew Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:06 pm

I don't check the internet at work. Just no time. I got home went for a run, and am watching Tom and Jerry with my 5 yr old when I saw the news on boxingscene.

I'm shocked. Even though the lack of information about his condition recently made me think something very serious was going on, I still wouldn't have expected this.

He gave alot to the sport and while I've never met the man, he genuinely seemed like a nice person. I will miss seeing him in the corner and on HBO. Boxing lost someone that was an asset to the sport today. He will be missed.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:07 pm

RIP He was a legend.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:06 pm

This news really does sadden me. I remember Stewart since my childhood days. He was such an iconic figure in boxing. Kronk Gym was the heart as soul of Detroit. He will be missed. RIP Manny. You did boxing good.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 pm

R.I.P. to a true gentleman and a boxing legend. I had the honor of meeting him once and it was a highlight of my boxing addiction.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:28 pm

I first saw it at 6 am this morning but could not get any confirmation on his passing until later this afternoon.

Sad day for boxing. R.I.P. Manny...........

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:40 pm

i agree with all thats said here.stewart was a class act and a gentleman.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 pm

its too bad when any good trainer dies but manny was different. he was a great trainer and actually seemed like a great guy. for example, i would never wish death on anybody but if roach died, i would just say thats too bad. with steward, im genuinely sad.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:43 am

I woke up at 4 am to this horrible news. Manny was a great man and I'll miss him terribly. I grew up watching his fighters. He was the wizard of boxing. The last I heard, he was recovering from his illness, and now this. I'll miss you Manny.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:54 am

powerpuncher wrote:its too bad when any good trainer dies but manny was different. he was a great trainer and actually seemed like a great guy. for example, i would never wish death on anybody but if roach died, i would just say thats too bad. with steward, im genuinely sad.

+ 1. Manny was a guy that wasn't in the sport for himself, but because he was into helping people. What he did from the beginning of the journey at the Kronk gym in Detroit was legendary in itself. Many young men in Detroit owe Manny Steward a massive debt of gratitude for giving them a positive lifestyle inlfluence and keeping them away from all of the possible negative distractions they could have faced. Even to the end when Manny was working as an analyst for HBO i just can't see how anybody couldn't not like the guy. He was always honest, positive and just a really genuinely nice guy. i never heard him say a bad word about anybody. To know that the World has lost such an incredible person truly is heartbreaking.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:36 am

He did seem like one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. Shame hes gone.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down