The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahhhhh, to be a Steeler fan and other Random thoughts

2 posters

Go down

Ahhhhh, to be a Steeler fan and other Random thoughts Empty Ahhhhh, to be a Steeler fan and other Random thoughts

Post  Frank Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:57 am

It's just great being a Steeler fan this year. I just can't wait to set one of my sisters up with
"Big Ben." Who knows, the red head might kick his ass the way she beat up her first husband (who's remarried but still in love with her, by the way. Poor little guy never gets tired of those right hands.)

Also, knowing that we've never beaten the Pats in post season (In this century or in the late 20th century) is a lot of fun. At this point, you can do all the analysis you'd like. Bottom line is most football players are incredibly weak minded individuals. If a team kicks your ass every post season, you should find a way to beat them, especially if you're talented enough to win 2 super bowls. Nobody's asking the "Steelers" to win four shows the way our guys in the 70s did, but damnit, beat the Pats.!!!! Teach Big Ben how to get rid of the ball in less than an hour. While you're at it, teach him how to eat with a knife and a fork. Seriously, it's very difficult to watch him play ball nowadays, knowing what his problem is.

So, what are we "black and gold fans" to do? When you consider that you have a future "guest of the state" as your QB and a team that has beaten you every time you even think of getting to the show when they're hot, and this is just not as much fun as it used to be.

Well, I'm used to this existence by now. This is why I picked the Pats and the Packers to go to the show. I'm still wondering why I never hit Vegas with these predictions. Maybe because my last accurate pre season super bowl pick was an 87 Redskin team. Ok, now maybe I can live with myself when the Pats win it this year.

Thank God the Titans got rid of, Vince Young. To even think of getting rid of Jeff Fisher, after all he's done for that team, would've been disgusting. Send Vince to Carolina and let's see how he holds up there. Vince has unlimited physical potential with the mind of a 10 year old. Not a good match.

What if Vick visited a friend who owned a Pit Bull and the dog attacked his throwing arm? I'd have a toast to that. For that matter, put a rabid Pit Bull between "Big Ben's" legs and tell our overgrown mastermind that the dog's just smelling him out.

Someone please tell Brett Favre that nobody gives a fuck about him anymore. Is this his 3rd "bitch crying" retirement speech? I've lost count. Talk about a Narcissist! It's ashame that a HOF quarterback has thrown two interceptions in key moments during his last two NFC Championship games and thrown enough press conferences to end up on "Saturday Night Live" as a party joke. Somebody please fix him up with, Oprah Winfrey. Never have two people had this much in common.

What is wrong with the Bengals? Why are they keeping, Marvin Lewis? Is he blackmailing the team owner with some terrible secret that makes him his slave? While you're at it, show Tyrell the door.Now every member of the Bengal administration, take a 3 deep breaths and let's repeat the new advice "Uncle Frank" has given us. 1....2....3.... "We must rebuild a whole fucking football team."

(1) Peyton Manning can't do it alone - True. (2) How many chances is Manning going to have to win another SB? Not too many more, if any. (3) Will he go down as the Greatest qb of his time without a few more rings? No. Tom Brady will. Forget this year Peyton, but you need to find a way my man.

Rex Ryan needs to lose weight. His statement that the Jets game against the Colts is personal has lost me. Why is it personal? Did they tell him that if he keeps getting excited on the sidelines, he's likely to have a heart attack? If so, they were just giving him some good tips on how to live life without eating 4 slabs of ribs a day.

What the hell is wrong with "Randy Moss?" I thought the Patriots introduced him to sanity.

Last edited by Frank on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Ahhhhh, to be a Steeler fan and other Random thoughts Empty Re: Ahhhhh, to be a Steeler fan and other Random thoughts

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:19 pm

VERY nice! A future "Guest of the state" as QB? THAT was funny! I gotta give Ben two things though. He really is a good football player and I have never seen a stronger presence in the pocket. He doesn't get tackled back there. When he does go down it looks like half a dozen men threw grappling hooks onto him and slowly pulled him down while he thrashed about.

Brett Fav-ruh really is a narcisist isn't he? Just go away.

On Vince Young I am of mixed feelings. If I am the owner and I have to choose between my coach and my malcontenet QB? In this case I choose Fischer too. But I think me having to make that choice at at all is a coaching failure on Fischer's part.

Love to know what sportswriters you grew up reading. There's a little Bob Ryan here and a little Jim Murray too.

Back to top Go down

Ahhhhh, to be a Steeler fan and other Random thoughts Empty Re: Ahhhhh, to be a Steeler fan and other Random thoughts

Post  Frank Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:26 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:VERY nice! A future "Guest of the state" as QB? THAT was funny! I gotta give Ben two things though. He really is a good football player and I have never seen a stronger presence in the pocket. He doesn't get tackled back there. When he does go down it looks like half a dozen men threw grappling hooks onto him and slowly pulled him down while he thrashed about.

On Vince Young I am of mixed feelings. If I am the owner and I have to choose between my coach and my malcontenet QB? In this case I choose Fischer too. But I think me having to make that choice at at all is a coaching failure on Fischer's part.

Love to know what sportswriters you grew up reading. There's a little Bob Ryan here and a little Jim Murray too.
Marble, tell me how the Steelers can possibly beat the Pats this year. I really don't think it's going to happen no matter how many times you compliment our "Impulsively Relaxed" quarterback. (I figure there must be a politically correct way to address the problem of a man who likes to attack women.)

As for Vince Young, ask yourself this question. Could you have seen a "Vince Young" type player in the 70s or 80s, when the coach was "The Coach" on most football teams. Players have lost respect for coaches. It happened when they started to get overpaid and the free agency system was introduced. Ever see a player dream of challenging Tom Landry on the sidelines? Think about it. I can't think of one player who would even consider doing that.

Thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate it, especially from you. I grew up reading "KO Boxing Magazine." Honestly, when girls weren't driving me crazy and there was no movie to go see, I'd read articles by guys like Jeff Ryan, Steven Farhood, etc. I loved that mag. Those guys were underrated in my opinion. I probably read the guys you're talking about numerous times without noticing their names. Hell, you probably influenced me as much as anyone. LOL

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:VERY nice! A future "Guest of the state" as QB? THAT was funny! I gotta give Ben two things though. He really is a good football player and I have never seen a stronger presence in the pocket. He doesn't get tackled back there. When he does go down it looks like half a dozen men threw grappling hooks onto him and slowly pulled him down while he thrashed about.

Marble, tell me how the Steelers can possibly beat the Pats this year. I really don't think it's going to happen no matter how many times you compliment our "Impulsively Relaxed" quarterback. (I figure there must be a politically correct way to address the problem of a man who likes to attack women.)

As for Vince Young, ask yourself this question. Could you have seen a "Vince Young" type player in the 70s or 80s, when the coach was "The Coach" on most football teams. Players have lost respect for coaches. It happened when they started to get overpaid and the free agency system was introduced. Ever see a player dream of challenging Tom Landry on the sidelines? Think about it. I can't think of one player who would even consider doing that.

Thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate it, especially from you. I grew up reading "KO Boxing Magazine." Honestly, when girls weren't driving me crazy and there was no movie to go see, I'd read articles by guys like Jeff Ryan, Steven Farhood, etc. I loved that mag. Those guys were underrated in my opinion. I probably read the guys you're talking about numerous times without noticing their names. Hell, you probably influenced me as much as anyone. LOL

I think the Steelers are physical enough to deplete the Patriots offense, knock Woodhead and The Law Firm or Welker out of the game and make the Pats far more predicatble and thereby limit them to 17-21 points. The Polamalu needs to make a big play and change field position so the Steeler O gets kind of a cheap score. Then the Impulsed Relaxed one only needs to score twice on the Pats D. I think the Steelers have one chance in three to win. Unless someone kidnaps Giselle Bunchen and hangs here in a cage from the goalposts and tells Ben he gets her if he wins...then it's even money.

On Vince challenging the coach I hear ya about earlier days. But I can recall some tempestuous reltionships too. Simms went after Parcells a couple of times and Joe Kapp went after Bud Grant. It was rare though, and who was in charge was never at issue.

I think Farhood in particular is a fine writer...and a lot better than as a broadcaster. Please keep them coming.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:25 pm

You will get no pitty from me Steeler Fan

--Sincerly, Raider Fan

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:50 pm

GrantZilla wrote:You will get no pitty from me Steeler Fan

--Sincerly, Raider Fan

You hate them more than us?

We're the TUCK RULE guys!

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:11 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

--Sincerly, Raider Fan

It's not that, just Steeler fans are spoiled. You won two SBs in the last five years for christ sake. So boo-hoo you can't beat the Pats this year.

Just giving you hard time Frank.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:33 am

GrantZilla wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

--Sincerly, Raider Fan

It's not that, just Steeler fans are spoiled. You won two SBs in the last five years for christ sake. So boo-hoo you can't beat the Pats this year.

Just giving you hard time Frank.

I will say this. Sports leagues are helped when certain franchises are at or near the top of the heap. The NBA is better when the Knicks are good. MLB is better when the Dodgers are good. The NFL is better when the Steelers and Cowboys are good. And the Raiders are another one of those franchises that when they are good it helps the league

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:35 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:And the Raiders are another one of those franchises that when they are good it helps the league

Yup, you always need a villian team. Raiders always played that part. And even haters will admit, they are almost always entertaining to watch, especialy against rivals like Kansas City and Denver.

Raiders are only team that has never changed who they are, and that's because of Crazy Al. They have same mentality with players weren't even born in their glory days.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:04 am

--Sincerly, Raider Fan

LOL. If I knew a Raider fan was going to read this thread, I never would've wrote it. LOL. In all seriousness, I actually like the Raiders (With the exception of Madden's Raiders, who will always be the known as the criminal eliment of the NFL.) Actually, as a kid, I had no fear of the Cowboys. It was the Raiders who freaked me out. I even liked some of Madden's guys. Otis Sistrunk, Ted Hendricks, Freddie B., Dave Casper and Stabler were fine ball players. My problem was with Atkinson and Tatum. They were crazy as cat shit.

A little story for Raider fans. As a 13 year old on his way to the 8th grade, I went to "Offense - Defense" football camp in Connecticut. The football players who showed up at the camp included, Dave Casper, the HOF tight end for the Raiders. We got to take the pics with one pro on each side of us. One of the coaches told the kid taking a pic with Dave Casper, "Pull his shorts down when the picture is taken", and that's exactly what happened. Casper was a great sport about it. To my surprise, the nicest guys in the camp were the enemies of the Steelers. That shocked me as a kid because I categorized the Steelers as good guys and the rest of the NFL as bad guys, with Oakland being "Satans team." LOL. Actually, Franco Harris was a little distant. Jack Lambert was funny. He was a nice guy but didn't want anyone to know. His phony tough guy act was easy to see through. Greatest guys at the camp were "Tim Fox" (Former All Pro safety for the Patriots) and "Too Tall Jones." I still have my framed photo with Ed Jones. He was 6'9 and I was 5'4. You can really appreciate his height when looking at our pic. The other player in the pic was "John Hicks", former guard for the NY Giants. The fact that I couldn't stop writing at the thought of this camp shows me I'm still excited about it. Laughing

Last edited by Frank on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:21 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Frank wrote:

I think the Steelers are physical enough to deplete the Patriots offense, knock Woodhead and The Law Firm or Welker out of the game and make the Pats far more predicatble and thereby limit them to 17-21 points. The Polamalu needs to make a big play and change field position so the Steeler O gets kind of a cheap score. Then the Impulsed Relaxed one only needs to score twice on the Pats D. I think the Steelers have one chance in three to win. Unless someone kidnaps Giselle Bunchen and hangs here in a cage from the goalposts and tells Ben he gets her if he wins...then it's even money. On Vince challenging the coach I hear ya about earlier days. But I can recall some tempestuous reltionships too. Simms went after Parcells a couple of times and Joe Kapp went after Bud Grant. It was rare though, and who was in charge was never at issue.

I think Farhood in particular is a fine writer...and a lot better than as a broadcaster. Please keep them coming.
Laughing

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down