The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Bowls are you interested in?

3 posters

Go down

What Bowls are you interested in?  Empty What Bowls are you interested in?

Post  GrantZilla Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:36 pm

Me, Liberty Bowl, since it's my Georgia Bulldogs. Rose Bowl, and BCS Championship

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

What Bowls are you interested in?  Empty Re: What Bowls are you interested in?

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:42 pm

The gator bowl and the National Championship game are the big 2 but really I enjoy them all.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:29 am

timthebim wrote:The gator bowl and the National Championship game are the big 2 but really I enjoy them all.

Realy? I have no desire seeing pointles Bowls with teams don't even have winning records or just .500

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:33 am

None except the big one.

We've lost something in the sport. It used to be that in most years at least two and sometimes three games all on January I really, really matterred. It was like a three ring circus trying to keep up.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:50 am

Mark Cuban mission is to build a college football play-off system. He's got the money, which is what it'll take to go against the clowns in charge of college football right now, mainly BCS

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm really stoked to see my Irish play Miami in the Sun Bowl. Great to see a rivalry game end up as a bowl. Also like our chances, seeing as Miami doesn't have a coach at the moment and Notre Dame ended the season with three big wins, including knocking off USC for the first time in 8 years.

Going to be a close game, but I think coach Kelley with a month to gameplan finds a way to get the win.

And Marble I agree there are way too many bowls. Still, I love watching a good college game so I don't compain too much.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Orange Bowl
And title game
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:13 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You say 24 days from the first bowl game to the last is too much? You think 37 days between the SEC Championship Game and the BCS National Championship Game kills any momentum Auburn (or Oregon) might have?

You're right. And you can point the finger of guilt squarely at Mickey Mouse - or more precisely, at Disney-owned ESPN.

Bowls are not about celebrating a successful season anymore. They're about ESPN's thirst for programming.

Of the 35 bowls, 31 of them are on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU. The four others? The Sun Bowl has been on CBS for years. The Cotton Bowl is tied in to FOX. And in the ultimate symbol of how the bowls have shifted from network to cable, ABC, which is also owned by Disney, has only the Rose Bowl and the Outback Bowl on a Saturday afternoon.

The rest are just ESPN filler between the NBA, college hoops and poker.

Ten years ago, there were 25 bowls with 14 on an ESPN channel. Since then, ESPN bought the rights to bowls it didn't have and manufactured bowls in places where it wanted to put them, including Birmingham. (Does Dallas really need three bowl games in eight days?)

Bowls of all kinds litter the landscape between New Year's Day and BCS Day in a glut of football overkill - not because it's needed but because ESPN wants it.Why? Because the mouse needs its cheese.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/12/hot_corner_think_there_are_too.html
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:40 pm

The Beef O Brady Bowl was on last night

Had no freaking clue, Louisville beat ???

You read the story on UConn getting the bowl bid Grant? Pretty much killing the school financially

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2010/12/15/news/doc4d0803ecabb12514827842.txt?viewmode=fullstory

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Yup. I don't know why these schools accept these bullshit bowls when it will end up making them lose money. Bowl they accept, they have to pick up the tabe for 50% of the tickets for some meaningless Bowl a thousand miles from their fanbase.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down