The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juan Manuel Lopez vs Elio Rojas/Jason Litzua could happen in April on Showtime

Go down

Juan Manuel Lopez vs Elio Rojas/Jason Litzua could happen in April on Showtime Empty Juan Manuel Lopez vs Elio Rojas/Jason Litzua could happen in April on Showtime

Post  Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:03 pm

WBO featherweight champion Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez may return in the month of April on Showtime. Peter Rivera, vice president of PR Best Boxing, revealed to Carlos Gonzalez that Showtime has presented an offer for an April title defense. Two of the names that were mentioned for Juanma are Elio Rojas and Jason Litzau.

Rojas is the WBC's featherweight champion in recess. Litzau recently scored a big upset win over Juanma's rival, Celestino Caballero. It's interesting to see if Juanma moves up in weight 130-pounds for Litzau. The American boxer is unable to make the featherweight limit of 126-pounds. The fight could leave a sour taste in the mouths of fans, because Juanma would consider fighting Litzau but brushed away a challenge from Caballero for at least two years.

"The problem is that currently there are not many options for Juanma. Litzau was not even in the picture until he beat Caballero. He's a decent opponent," Rivera said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33566

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Lopez vs Elio Rojas/Jason Litzua could happen in April on Showtime Empty Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Elio Rojas/Jason Litzua could happen in April on Showtime

Post  gomez1012 Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:07 pm

I dont want to see JML go to 130

And why would you risk that if your Arum? Doesnt make any sense

Rafa rematch, Ponce De Leon rematch, Caballero, Gamboa, John, Rojas, Hasegawa, Gonzalez are all at 126
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Lopez vs Elio Rojas/Jason Litzua could happen in April on Showtime Empty Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Elio Rojas/Jason Litzua could happen in April on Showtime

Post  Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:09 pm

I don't mind the Rojas fight.

I love how Showtime are starting to pick up alot of Top Rank fights, it's stopping them landing on PPV.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Ali wrote:I don't mind the Rojas fight.

I love how Showtime are starting to pick up alot of Top Rank fights, it's stopping them landing on PPV.

+1

Showtime knows which Top Rank fights to pick up, its good for the sport and for Arum

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down