The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez - November 6th

4 posters

Go down

Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez - November 6th Empty Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez - November 6th

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:50 pm

I moved this thread from Ninjas to here:

Not a hell of a lot of high level fights shakin' in boxing the rest of a dismal October, until this fight Nov. 6th.

November 6
At Las Vegas (Showtime): Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez, 12 rounds, for Lopez's WBO featherweight title; Super Six World Boxing Classic, Group Stage 3, Glen Johnson vs. Allan Green, 12 rounds, super middleweights.

I'd love to see Rafa school and/or KO the younger, bigger, stronger, JuanMa, but I have my doubts it will happen. Lopez by late round TKO..

P.S. I'm sick of looking at Glen Johnson and Alan Green, but if i've got to pick a winner, i'll go with Glen.

Who you kats got?

P.S. I'll post my Let's score it! threads here, along with the links to live streams. Smile

Last edited by Ring on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez - November 6th Empty Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez - November 6th

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:52 pm

Ring wrote:I moved this thread from Ninjas to here:

Not a hell of a lot of high level fights shakin' in boxing the rest of a dismal October, until this fight Nov. 6th.

November 6
At Las Vegas (Showtime): Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez, 12 rounds, for Lopez's WBO featherweight title; Super Six World Boxing Classic, Group Stage 3, Glen Johnson vs. Allan Green, 12 rounds, super middleweights.

I'd love to see Rafa school and/or KO the younger, bigger, stronger, JuanMa, but I have my doubts it will happen. Lopez by late round TKO..

P.S. I'm sick of looking at Glen Johnson and Alan Green, but if i've got to pick a winner, i'll go with Glen.

Who you kats got?

I'll post my Let's score it! threads here, along with the links to live streams beginning with these fights.
Yeah there are no big fights going on until Green fights. I am still calling Green by KO.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez - November 6th Empty Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez - November 6th

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

November 6

Who you kats got?

I'll post my Let's score it! threads here, along with the links to live streams beginning with these fights.
Yeah there are no big fights going on until Green fights. I am still calling Green by KO.

[falls to floor in shock]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

November 6

Who you kats got?

Yer loyal sooner, it's kinda like someone who has a son who everyone else thinks is worthless, except for them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Green by stoppage and Lopez by stoppage.

However, I'm keeping my pick on the Green-Johnson fight open until I see how each fighter looks entering the ring.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:56 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

November 6

Who you kats got?

[falls to floor in shock]
LOL come on marble he is still my favorite.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Johnson by decision, outworks Green all night

And Ill take Marquez to stop JuanMa
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:31 pm

ill go with lopez...

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:56 pm

P.S. I'll post my Let's score it! threads here, along with the links to live streams. Smile[/quote]

It really does seem like it has been an ongoing challenge between Ring and myself to be the first one to start the thread on fight night saying lets score it (both at espn and then ninjas). Why should it be any different here! Very Happy
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:39 pm

captainanddew wrote:
P.S. I'll post my Let's score it! threads here, along with the links to live streams. Smile

It really does seem like it has been an ongoing challenge between Ring and myself to be the first one to start the thread on fight night saying lets score it (both at espn and then ninjas). Why should it be any different here! Very Happy

It's all good Capt, you know you can post a "lets score it!" thread anytime you want, I usually end up posting one by default, when nobody else does it. pirat

Anyhow, like I said, this is about the first good fight on the horizon (Lopez-Marquez) that's worth doing a thread, unless you or someone else beats me too it, (and i'll just join in) i'll post my first one here Nov. 6th.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Ring wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

It's all good Capt, you know you can post a "lets score it!" thread anytime you want, I usually end up posting one by default, when nobody else does it. pirat

Anyhow, like I said, this is about the first good fight on the horizon (Lopez-Marquez) that's worth doing a thread, unless you or someone else beats me too it, (and i'll just join in) i'll post my first one here Nov. 6th.

Cheers

That gif of yours is soooo scary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:33 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ring wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Cheers

It is brutal, the way he's been acting since then, you have to wonder if Ricky didn't get a little brain damage from that shot and hitting his head on the canvas. I'm sure it doesn't really bother you that much, but i'll see if I can find a different gif. I post it mainly to torment Ali. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Ring wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ring wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Cheers

It is brutal, the way he's been acting since then, you have to wonder if Ricky didn't get a little brain damage from that shot and hitting his head on the canvas. I'm sure it doesn't really bother you that much, but i'll see if I can find a different gif. I post it mainly to torment Ali. Wink

It scared me that night a lot. When a guy goes stiff like that? His brain is really short circuited. BTW, I wasn't complaining in any way. It's fine.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:40 pm

That was a brutal KO.
Ricky always struck me as a guy with some issues (damn why am I playing amateur head shrink).

Ricky liked to perpetuate an image of the happy guy who likes to have a good time. But he was trying too hard to have a good time.

Gaining 50 pounds and drinking to excess (alot reportedly) are signs of something not right below the surface.

He has admitted to being depressed since the Pac fight. I think he has had some underlying issues that he has been trying to eat/drink away for years.

Just my 2 cents.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:42 pm

in response to the new gif: Baldomir is going to keep fighting. No idea why. Must not have saved his money.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:52 pm

captainanddew wrote:That was a brutal KO.
Ricky always struck me as a guy with some issues (damn why am I playing amateur head shrink).

Ricky liked to perpetuate an image of the happy guy who likes to have a good time. But he was trying too hard to have a good time.

Gaining 50 pounds and drinking to excess (alot reportedly) are signs of something not right below the surface.

He has admitted to being depressed since the Pac fight. I think he has had some underlying issues that he has been trying to eat/drink away for years.

Just my 2 cents.

Yup, Ricky has some serious mental/physical issues, I think part of it was, he was a young man having problems dealing with 'success' and now he's dealing the wrong way with what he believes is failure.
I do know this, if he keeps fucking with heavy duty narcotics and large quantities of alcohol his shit is gonna go down fast, and he could end up in a morgue somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:54 pm

captainanddew wrote:in response to the new gif: Baldomir is going to keep fighting. No idea why. Must not have saved his money.

That's a REALLY pretty "rock and fire" right hand counter that sets up that crushing hook. The Mexican Ginger shows some craft!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:58 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:in response to the new gif: Baldomir is going to keep fighting. No idea why. Must not have saved his money.

That's a REALLY pretty "rock and fire" right hand counter that sets up that crushing hook. The Mexican Ginger shows some craft!

Alvarez is the son that Chavez Sr. wishes he'd had. hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:06 pm

captain very good amatuer phyc on ricky...indeed theres a issue of at least depression that clinicaly comes around to attack him..the huge weight gain and excess driniking is a sign..he needs help and im glad hes getting it..a likeable guy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down