The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are manditores good or bad

+4
Tobe
dbudge
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
8 posters

Go down

Are manditores good or bad Empty Are manditores good or bad

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:25 am

I hear gripes that only flaw The Ring belt has is it doesn't demand manditory defenses.

But then hear gripes about ABC belts demanding manditories.

My opinion is manditores work if there is only one or two belts. And if the ranking for said manditores are legit, and not a total joke like the BS rankings for ABC belts.

If there was only one two belts tops, demanding a manditory say every six months is not a big deal. It is a big deal when so many belts that when fighter unifies he's bogged down with nothing but manditores.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Are manditores good or bad Empty Re: Are manditores good or bad

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:42 am

Mandatories are outdated in my opinion, unless you've got the power to enforce them the majority of boxers will just ditch the belt in favor of tv money.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:58 am

If the mandatory is the best guy available in the world then that's fine. It's a problem when it's the best guy available according to the ABC's. Pretty much everything done by the ABC's is wrong. Hypothetically since Ring only recognizes the best, Sergio Martinez's next fight should be against Felix Sturm. Kermit Cintron and Alfredo Angulo should battle it out at Jr Middle according to Ring.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:01 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:If the mandatory is the best guy available in the world then that's fine. It's a problem when it's the best guy available according to the ABC's. Pretty much everything done by the ABC's is wrong. Hypothetically since Ring only recognizes the best, Sergio Martinez's next fight should be against Felix Sturm. Kermit Cintron and Alfredo Angulo should battle it out at Jr Middle according to Ring.

Agreed. But Ali is correct. You can't make a fighter fight someone they don't want to. They'll just ditch the belt. Unless the belt is actualy valued, and where ditching a belt for not fighting someone will ruin your career.

Use to be the case, not anymore.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:17 am

i think mandatories have become as irrelevant as the titles themselves. in most cases the mandatories just get paid to wait or step aside. some of the mandatories get their ranking based solely off backhanders. there are some legit mandatories of course but i don't know how relevant/good/bad they are for boxing today. nobody bases their rankings off the WBA/WBO/WBC/IBF individual rankings. the true reflection of the top ranked fighters in a weight classes is not found in these so i guess you'd have to say that the mandatories are bad. Mandatories are particulary bad when they get in the way of legit unification bouts. ABC titles just seem like a big power struggle between the organisations and the fighters

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:59 am

people who still support the alphabet soup think it's prestigious to unify all the trinkets. I hear it all the time "he should unify all the belts to become undisputed" LOL!

Lennox Lewis had all the belts - one by one they were stripped until he only had one. Jermain Taylor had all the belts - now that lineage hass been passed to Martinez who has only one trinket left, and they are about to strip it from him.

Wlad, the heavyweight champ, had all the belts except the WBC, yet some how a mouthy fraud like Haye calls himself the heavyweight champ of the world.

Tim Bradley and Devon Alexander, have taken turns being multiple trinket holders only to be stripped for no good reason.

TRINKETS ARE A POINTLESS WASTE OF TIME AND A CANCER ON THE SPORT. This isn't even a debate anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:10 am

Canvas wrote:people who still support the alphabet soup think it's prestigious to unify all the trinkets. I hear it all the time "he should unify all the belts to become undisputed" LOL!

Lennox Lewis had all the belts - one by one they were stripped until he only had one. Jermain TRINKETS ARE A POINTLESS WASTE OF TIME AND A CANCER ON THE SPORT. This isn't even a debate anymore.

+1 Manditories just help support and legitimize an illegitimate system. In principle they're a good idea, as you want to ensure that the Champ faces the guy who has earned a shot. In practice though that's meaningless because the ABC bullshit has taken so much away from the value of any strap.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 pm

dbudge wrote:i think mandatories have become as irrelevant as the titles themselves. in most cases the mandatories just get paid to wait or step aside. some of the mandatories get their ranking based solely off backhanders. there are some legit mandatories of course but i don't know how relevant/good/bad they are for boxing today. nobody bases their rankings off the WBA/WBO/WBC/IBF individual rankings. the true reflection of the top ranked fighters in a weight classes is not found in these so i guess you'd have to say that the mandatories are bad. Mandatories are particulary bad when they get in the way of legit unification bouts. ABC titles just seem like a big power struggle between the organisations and the fighters
...perfect and i agree..manitories no matter the circumstances or the very accurate rankings have no value at all and it comes with a penality of striping a champ from his title..titles are won and lost in the ring not by commisions enforcing a penality for a manditory...soo the end result is not good for boxing even if there were 1 champ per division...the public will determine the soo called manditory by puting its money up for a desireable fight..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:06 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:If the mandatory is the best guy available in the world then that's fine. It's a problem when it's the best guy available according to the ABC's. Pretty much everything done by the ABC's is wrong. Hypothetically since Ring only recognizes the best, Sergio Martinez's next fight should be against Felix Sturm. Kermit Cintron and Alfredo Angulo should battle it out at Jr Middle according to Ring.

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:11 pm

also if the ruling organisms don't strip their trinket holder because of injury or anything else unboxing related.and those damn interim titles,it means those who should be fighting for the right to be a challenger,are fighting to be the holder...insanity!

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:17 pm

shakefree wrote:also if the ruling organisms don't strip their trinket holder because of injury or anything else unboxing related.and those damn interim titles,it means those who should be fighting for the right to be a challenger,are fighting to be the holder...insanity!

lol!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:40 pm

they are good sometimes, but a whole lot of bad at this day of age. Now madatories are made by the amount of cash a challenger gives the ABC organization which is complete BS. Then you have guys that work and deserve their shot like Williams vs Margartio, Campbell-Diaz, Martinez with Forrest, Marquez with Hamed, Alexander with Bradley. Its so sad theres not many fighters who deserve shots at the crown because those are the only ones I can come up with.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Mandatories are the only way to get some of these chump champs in the ring.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down