The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a good laugh?

4 posters

Go down

Need a good laugh? Empty Need a good laugh?

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:27 pm

I can't for the life of me figure how they can print this with an ounce of integrity....
http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2011/06/brian-magee-in-line-to-face-sartison-or.html
Brian Magee in line to face Sartison or Super-Six champion

Irishman Brian Magee will get another chance to claim a world belt when he meets unlikely challenger Jamie Barboza for the interim WBA super-middleweight title on July 30th. The 36 year-old is on the back on his ten round defeat to IBF title holder Lucian Bute in March and has managed to keep himself on the world scene with a bout in South America.

Former IBO champion Magee (34-4-1, 24 KO’s) will face Costa Rican Barboza in his home country at the Gimnasio Nacional in San Jose as he attempts to put himself as number one challenger to the winner of the super-six tournament. Baroboza is ranked number five by the WBA but has four defeats in twenty one bouts and Magee will start favourite to win the fight and meet either WBA champion Dimitri Sartison or the winner of the Super-six, who will then be WBA ‘super’ and WBC champion.

‘El Indio’ has been largely inactive in his eight-year career, but did manage three fights last year, although one of them was an eight round stoppage defeat to Jose Pinzon, who knocked him down twice. The 33 year-old did amazingly held the WBC Youth title for a spell last year and will hope to pull of an upset next month.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Need a good laugh? Empty Re: Need a good laugh?

Post  gomez1012 Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Funny Shit
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:56 pm

worldboxingnews is a joke boxing website that probably got three total frequent viewers. For their rankings, they use the WBC for christ sake.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:02 pm

If they think Magee gets a shot at the super 6 winner, I'll walk around the world naked...backwards!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:23 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:If they think Magee gets a shot at the super 6 winner, I'll walk around the world naked...backwards!!!

It's a pathetic attempt to get attention by calling out the winner of the Super-Six. Yeah Froch or Ward are realy going to fight that bum over big money to fight Bute or Light HWs. Both Froch and Ward have stated they will eventually move up.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm starting a Boxing news website. My first exclusive breaking headline will be : "Howard Eastman calls out the winner of the Super 6"

my site by the way will be called Boxing Scuttlebutt

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:42 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:If they think Magee gets a shot at the super 6 winner, I'll walk around the world naked...backwards!!!

It's a pathetic attempt to get attention by calling out the winner of the Super-Six. Yeah Froch or Ward are realy going to fight that bum over big money to fight Bute or Light HWs. Both Froch and Ward have stated they will eventually move up.

Yup...just like the jaggofs calling out Pac & Mayweather that have absolutely no chance of getting in the ring with them.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:19 am

its ridiculous. i guarantee that the winner of the super 6 would get rid of their belts before they fought magee. they would make a way bigger payday and create a way better legacy for themselves to fight someone else.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:11 am

powerpuncher wrote:its ridiculous. i guarantee that the winner of the super 6 would get rid of their belts before they fought magee. they would make a way bigger payday and create a way better legacy for themselves to fight someone else.

Yup. They wouldn't need stupid belts anyways since they are fighting for new linear Super Middle title.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:26 am

GrantZilla wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:its ridiculous. i guarantee that the winner of the super 6 would get rid of their belts before they fought magee. they would make a way bigger payday and create a way better legacy for themselves to fight someone else.

Yup. They wouldn't need stupid belts anyways since they are fighting for new linear Super Middle title.

plus they would probably just become the super duper diamond belt champion anyways and magee would fight someone else for the rest of the trinkets.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:47 am

powerpuncher wrote:plus they would probably just become the super duper diamond belt champion anyways and magee would fight someone else for the rest of the trinkets.

Sickening
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down