The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don King's wife passes away

3 posters

Go down

Don King's wife passes away Empty Don King's wife passes away

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:16 am

After a long battle with cancer, Henrietta King, the wife of legendary promoter, Don King, died on Friday morning at a hospice care center in South Florida. Henrietta King was 87-years-old. During the last few days, multiple figures in the boxing community came to Don King's side to show their support, including Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"I received the call at about 12:20 a.m. from Dana Jamison, who is the senior vice president of boxing operations. Henrietta was in a hospice care center, and she had been there since Tuesday," said Hopper, vice president of public relations for Don King Productions. "She died from a lengthy illness. Don is with his family right now. It was one of those things where she just died quietly and peacefully."

"Don did work some tonight, but then, he went back and spent more time with Henrietta. Dana said that when Don spoke to her just after his wife's passing, he said, 'I've lost my best friend.' It was very poignant. Don always told me that she was his rock, and the woman behind the man."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33456

Back to top Go down

Don King's wife passes away Empty Re: Don King's wife passes away

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:20 am

Don will make a buck off of this. The man has no soul. I gurantee, and it ain't a joke, he will use this to promote one his fights.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:47 am

Wow, 8 years older than him? 87 is a good run.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:56 am

Don could care less about this. He's probably been ordering prostitutes since his wife hit 40. Don King is probably one of the lowest forms of life on earth.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:43 am

Maybe I'm going too far here, but has anyone considered the character of a woman who would marry, "Don King?"

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down