calzaghe mad at froch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

calzaghe mad at froch

Post  powerpuncher on Fri May 31, 2013 3:34 am

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/welsh-legend-joe-calzaghe-angry-over-carl-frochs-best-of-british-claim-202043

froch claimed that lennox lewis is the only british fighter who may have a better legacy than him. calzaghe pretty much said that that was a joke of a statement.

i agree with calzaghe. although calzaghe was a good fighter with a weird all time standing (because of his dominance, yet lack of opposition), he is definitely better than froch all time. there is no question about it. also, even though the UK isnt known for their boxers necessarily, they have had some legit fighters through the years that are definitely better than froch like ted kid lewis, randy turpin, ken buchannon, naseem hamed, ricky hatton, and....a little man named jimmy wilde.

yes froch, you are better than jimmy wilde but may not be better than lennox lewis. you need to learn your own country's boxing history.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  hardcorebee24 on Fri May 31, 2013 5:03 am

Are you kidding about the The Mighty Atom comment? He was 132 and 4 with 98 KO's. As to Froch, there are more than Lennox Lewis and Calzaghe to contend with as far as British legacy and greatness are concerned.


**Edit**

I see you have Wilde as a better Brit. Sorry.


Last edited by hardcorebee24 on Fri May 31, 2013 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
hardcorebee24

Posts : 3310
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  dmar5143 on Fri May 31, 2013 6:26 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Are you kidding about the The Mighty Atom comment? He was 132 and 4 with 98 KO's. As to Froch, there are more than Lennox Lewis and Calzaghe to contend with as far as British legacy and greatness are concerned.
...very true.bob fitsimmions anyone.carl is a loud mouth fucking joke.
avatar
dmar5143

Posts : 2248
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  Frank on Fri May 31, 2013 9:09 am

Hell, Henry Cooper was a better fighter than Carl Froch. That left hook of Henry's was a gem. The problem was, he would bleed like a damn blood bank when he got hit. Frank Bruno was a decent boxer until he caught up with Mike Tyson. All these guys were better than Froch whose statements are a Crock of shit.

Also, wasn't Nigel Benn from England along with a guy named Chris Eubank? Carl's comments are a joke.

Frank

Posts : 1930
Join date : 2010-10-21
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  kbyte on Fri May 31, 2013 11:11 am

Shame on Froch for believing in himself. I think he should be rated higher than Calzaghe.
avatar
kbyte

Posts : 730
Join date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  telltailtale on Fri May 31, 2013 1:08 pm

I just picked the most recent thread. Any good fights on HBO or Showtime this weekend?

telltailtale

Posts : 176
Join date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  dmar5143 on Fri May 31, 2013 1:49 pm

telltailtale wrote:I just picked the most recent thread. Any good fights on HBO or Showtime this weekend?
..nope.
avatar
dmar5143

Posts : 2248
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  telltailtale on Fri May 31, 2013 1:57 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
telltailtale wrote:I just picked the most recent thread. Any good fights on HBO or Showtime this weekend?
..nope.

That's a bummer. Shitty sports weekend.

telltailtale

Posts : 176
Join date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  BoxingGenius on Fri May 31, 2013 4:21 pm

telltailtale wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
telltailtale wrote:I just picked the most recent thread. Any good fights on HBO or Showtime this weekend?
..nope.

That's a bummer. Shitty sports weekend.
maidana vs josesito lopez is june 8th, that should be awesome

BoxingGenius

Posts : 280
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  telltailtale on Fri May 31, 2013 4:51 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:
telltailtale wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
telltailtale wrote:I just picked the most recent thread. Any good fights on HBO or Showtime this weekend?
..nope.

That's a bummer. Shitty sports weekend.
maidana vs josesito lopez is june 8th, that should be awesome

I'll look out for it, thanks for info.

telltailtale

Posts : 176
Join date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  powerpuncher on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:12 am

kbyte wrote:Shame on Froch for believing in himself. I think he should be rated higher than Calzaghe.
i dont mind people believing in themselves but there is a line that should be drawn. froch is nowhere near the greatest british boxer ever. him thinking that lewis is also shows his lack of knowledge of his own country's fighters.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  kbyte on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:40 am

powerpuncher wrote:
kbyte wrote:Shame on Froch for believing in himself. I think he should be rated higher than Calzaghe.
i dont mind people believing in themselves but there is a line that should be drawn. froch is nowhere near the greatest british boxer ever. him thinking that lewis is also shows his lack of knowledge of his own country's fighters.

Its thats arrogance and belief that he has that wins him tough fights imo. I think its a good thing.
avatar
kbyte

Posts : 730
Join date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  hardcorebee24 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:51 am

kbyte wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
kbyte wrote:Shame on Froch for believing in himself. I think he should be rated higher than Calzaghe.
i dont mind people believing in themselves but there is a line that should be drawn. froch is nowhere near the greatest british boxer ever. him thinking that lewis is also shows his lack of knowledge of his own country's fighters.

Its thats arrogance and belief that he has that wins him tough fights imo. I think its a good thing.

Agreed, all top level athletes have to be arrogant in order to win. If they don't believe in themselves nobody will. Also no being confident or cocky will lose them most contests before they begin. That's fine and dandy, they just have to realize that there will be writers and fans that will think otherwise if they choose to express their opinions.
avatar
hardcorebee24

Posts : 3310
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  NJBeatdown86 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:40 pm

telltailtale wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
telltailtale wrote:I just picked the most recent thread. Any good fights on HBO or Showtime this weekend?
..nope.

That's a bummer. Shitty sports weekend.

If you are a hockey nerd, it's the conference finals, Bruins-Pens tonight, Hawks-Kings on Sunday, all four teams are the last four champs.
avatar
NJBeatdown86

Posts : 1789
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 31
Location : Kendall Park, NJ

Back to top Go down

Re: calzaghe mad at froch

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum