The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mayweather-guerrero fight week

+3
Soonermark890
dmar5143
powerpuncher
7 posters

Go down

mayweather-guerrero fight week Empty mayweather-guerrero fight week

Post  powerpuncher Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:38 am

alright, who wins?

although ive heard many people state that guerrero might be a tough fight for mayweather, i just dont see it. he doesnt really hit that hard and i think swings a little too wildly and wide that he will be easy to counter. i dont think that guerrero will really have any great moments in the fight. im calling a TKO 9 for mayweather.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

mayweather-guerrero fight week Empty Re: mayweather-guerrero fight week

Post  dmar5143 Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:18 am

RG is another fighter over the past 5 or 6 years that has moved up 5 weight classes.floyd has been for a while now a comfortable natural welter.thats a slight advantage to Floyd.the question is what does RG bring to the table that could possibly cause Floyd prolems thus having his moments in the fight.1.hes a southpaw2.he has fast hands and can move himself.3.he has plenty of confidence.4.hes also smart and can adapt and fight various ways.box with kasidis brawl with berto and avoid danger and outsmart a aydin.5.we questioned his punch but suprized us in the berto fight.he can cause damage with flurries.
2 out of the 3 fights mentioned above we question if RG actualy belong in the fight.that he was biting off more then the can chew.the difference is thoses fighters are not Floyd.there a come at you type of style and berto and kasidis have serious defence problems.
finaly I think RG and his camp have a good fight plan with alternates ..Floyd has the same plan.depending on the moment its either fight or flight with Floyd and he does both well.
Floyd also has a few weaknesess that have yet been fully exployted.i think RG has shown to me he can take advantage of floyds shortcomings especialy being a southpaw that can give a few angles.i just don't believe he will do it fully.like a few others not fully.
if the fight does into the middle rounds I do see RG having several good moments in the fight.
with that being said anytime Floyd steps in the ring at welter you have to pick him until proven otherwise.
I can see a late round stoppage by Floyd .RG will be a live dog for a while.
I don't know how much that gun charge distracted him if any.im rooting for RG and I think he will make a very good account for himself .again until proven otherwise I think he has bitten of more then he can chew.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:56 am

Mayweather will beat him badly. Floyd right now has no competition. If Floyd gets in the ring with you then he has done his homework and he picked you because you dont have a chance. He is a very careful matchmaker and will not fight anyone who stands a chance against him.

I see this as another easy fight where Floyd wears him out and late might even get a stoppage.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:12 am

Unless Flod has slipped dramatically in the last year, he should beat RG by a wide margin (I'll post more detailed thoughts later).
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Fuck Mayweather, and I've never heard of this other guy.

I'm not trying to fuck up everyones time but damn it, I just had to say that, and that's all I have to say about that.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Frank wrote:Fuck Mayweather, and I've never heard of this other guy.

I'm not trying to fuck up everyones time but damn it, I just had to say that, and that's all I have to say about that.

...frank I can see your almost as enthused about this fight as I am.the mares fight should be one that fans love.unfortuntly im not going to watch it since it conflicts will a hallmark movie starting at 9 pm.mr hockey the gordie howe story that picks up after he retired and returns at age 45 to play with his two sons and he plays until age 52..
as you stated before theres no fights for at least you and I that could excite us.none.fights we look forward to seeing yes.this fight along with rigo-donaire rios alvardo the Martinez fight I looked forward to seeing.excited.not in the least..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:47 pm

guerreros style will make it look like a tough gritty fight, and he will force floyd to use every trick in his bag. it will be tight early guerrero takes a few rounds, but once floyd times him and figures him out he'll win 7 of the final 8 rounds and put on a boxing clinic. ghost will have some bright spots and will land on floyd im sure, but in the end floyd does everything ghost does but better. i dont understand the hate for this fight, robert is a multiple division champ, and 1 of the top ranked WWs in the world. the hate for floyd is ridiculous, no one mentions martinez fighting murray who was ranked 10th in his division, ghost is a top 5 fighter at the very least. floyd and martinez are both p4p fighters and should be held to the same standard IMO. all that being said, i like this fight actually and will most definitely order it with friends

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Guerrero is pretty easy to hit. Floyd cuts him up early & often.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed May 01, 2013 2:42 am

BoxingGenius wrote:guerreros style will make it look like a tough gritty fight, and he will force floyd to use every trick in his bag. it will be tight early guerrero takes a few rounds, but once floyd times him and figures him out he'll win 7 of the final 8 rounds and put on a boxing clinic. ghost will have some bright spots and will land on floyd im sure, but in the end floyd does everything ghost does but better. i dont understand the hate for this fight, robert is a multiple division champ, and 1 of the top ranked WWs in the world. the hate for floyd is ridiculous, no one mentions martinez fighting murray who was ranked 10th in his division, ghost is a top 5 fighter at the very least. floyd and martinez are both p4p fighters and should be held to the same standard IMO. all that being said, i like this fight actually and will most definitely order it with friends
i am with you on this. im not sure why some people hate this fight so much. i used to hate the fight until guerrero proved to be a top WW. the problem with superstars in boxing now is that if every fight isnt against the hardest opponent possible then the fight gets hated on.

to be honest, i dont like floyds attitude towards a lot of things but i respect him as a fighter because i know that he works hard at it. he always comes into his fights prepared. there is really no one that floyd can fight at the moment that he will get respect other than if he goes up to middleweight to fight martinez.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed May 01, 2013 2:43 am

i am really excited for the mares-de leon fight too though. ponce has fought some good competition in his career and has beaten some good fighters. if mares can pull off this win, and i think he can, he will prove why he is one of the best fighters today.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Wed May 01, 2013 1:34 pm

[/quote] i am with you on this. im not sure why some people hate this fight so much. i used to hate the fight until guerrero proved to be a top WW. the problem with superstars in boxing now is that if every fight isnt against the hardest opponent possible then the fight gets hated on.

to be honest, i dont like floyds attitude towards a lot of things but i respect him as a fighter because i know that he works hard at it. he always comes into his fights prepared. there is really no one that floyd can fight at the moment that he will get respect other than if he goes up to middleweight to fight martinez.[/quote]

exactly, every fight cant be a megafight. theres an excuse for everyone, martinez looked bad vs murray, canelo is too green, pac lost to marquez, marquez already lost to floyd, etc. i mean outside the ring floyd is very easy to hate, but inside i cant see it, he is 1 of the greatest technical fighters ever. are there fights that could have been made that werent? sure as with any fighter, but lets not take away from the fact that he has literally fought nothing but top 5 ranked fighters for a very long time. its funny how you get a humble quiet guy like martinez who has a far less impressive resume than floyd, get praised like crazy for always fighting tough challenges, yet with the arrogant loudmouth the focus is always on who he doesnt fight rather than who he does. Floyd vs Ghost is a very good fight, is it the best that can be made? absolutely not, but its far from a walk in the park or a joke fight when you consider who else he could have fought. I personally think guerrero beats anyone at 147 not named floyd right now so thats why i dont see this as a bad fight at all. add in mares-de leon and you got a very watchable card

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down