The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guerrero Butthurt over Mayweather

+2
powerpuncher
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Guerrero Butthurt over Mayweather Empty Guerrero Butthurt over Mayweather

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Former champion Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero was surprised to hear that WBC champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. had no idea who he was. Based on the latest events, Mayweather is taking a pass on Guerrero and might be heading to a May 5th clash with undefeated WBC junior middleweight Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

Robert, Floyd Mayweather has come out in a recent interview on fighthype.com and said he doesn’t know who you are. Can you comment on his statement?

RG: Floyd doesn’t know me, please! That’s the oldest trick in boxing to downplay your biggest threat. It tells me everything I need to know, which means he’s going to try to avoid me like [Juan Manuel] Marquez did - because he knows I’ll beat him down.

So you’re saying he knows who you are?

RG: Come on man…I fought as a co-feature to one of Floyd’s pay-per-views. Look, we all know Floyd wants [Manny] Pacquiao and that’s the fight everyone wants to see. Honestly I don’t think Pacquiao wants anything to do with Floyd, because if he did, he would have demanded the Mayweather fight right after he beat Marquez. We all know Marquez exposed Pacauiao and that’s why Mayweather vs. Pacquiao will not happen on Cinco de Mayo.

Floyd said he doesn’t want anyone else but Pacquiao. Your thoughts?

RG: Again, that fight is not going to happen in May. There are too many obstacles to hurdle and not enough time to make it happen in a few months. He’ll needs a dancing partner and I’m ready to go. One thing I know for sure I ain't no Victor Ortiz, I won’t be kissing him in the ring and he definitely won’t be putting his hands around my neck at the weight-in. If he does he’ll get smacked.

Are you saying Floyd Mayweather is ducking you?

RG: What I’m saying is, Canelo is too green to fight Floyd and anybody who knows boxing truly knows he is not ready. No disrespect, but he was brought up on hand-picked opponents. I, on the other hand was thrown to the lions, that’s why I’ll whip Floyd's ass. I'm a seasoned veteran who's won titles overseas and captured multiple world championships. I started fighting ten round bouts by my tenth pro fight. That's what I mean by being thrown to the lions. Floyd hasn't even fought overseas. If Mayweather chooses to fight anyone else then he’s ducking his biggest challenge."

http://tinyurl.com/6vwkulo
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Guerrero Butthurt over Mayweather Empty Re: Guerrero Butthurt over Mayweather

Post  Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:39 pm

I stopped reading after " Biggest Threat. "

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:56 pm

canelo has hand picked his opponents? canelo has definitely faced better competition in his career than guerrero.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:17 pm

powerpuncher wrote:canelo has hand picked his opponents? canelo has definitely faced better competition in his career than guerrero.
+1
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:16 am

powerpuncher wrote:canelo has hand picked his opponents? canelo has definitely faced better competition in his career than guerrero.

Well that's debatable.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:22 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

Well that's debatable.
maybe a little but i would guess that most people would feel that canelo has fought better competition through his career. plus im sure everybody would agree that canelo would be a tougher fight for floyd than guerrero would be.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:28 am

powerpuncher wrote:

Well that's debatable.
maybe a little but i would guess that most people would feel that canelo has fought better competition through his career. plus im sure everybody would agree that canelo would be a tougher fight for floyd than guerrero would be.

It's not that Guerrero has had a cherry picked career he's just been dealing with an extremely ill wife, but it's the fact he's demanding all these fights at Jr Welterweight and Welterweight when he's had about two fights at Lightweight.

Guerrero has fought better comp though, Katsidis, Casamayor, Escobedo, Klassan, Litzau, Salido, Honorio.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:40 am

powerpuncher wrote:

Well that's debatable.

It's not that Guerrero has had a cherry picked career he's just been dealing with an extremely ill wife, but it's the fact he's demanding all these fights at Jr Welterweight and Welterweight when he's had about two fights at Lightweight.

Guerrero has fought better comp though, Katsidis, Casamayor, Escobedo, Klassan, Litzau, Salido, Honorio.
but the thing is that none of those guys are even good fighters. they are all alright fighters. if it were casa in his prime then that would be different but casa was old and no good by that time. katsidis is the probably the best fighter he has fought and he was way overrated.

i seriously think that cintron even at this point of his career is better than all of those fighters. heck, gomez is probably better than pretty much all of them.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:44 am

The majority of them are ex titleholders who went on to win more, and claiming Alfredo Gomez is better than any of those is absurd.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:The majority of them are ex titleholders who went on to win more, and claiming Alfredo Gomez is better than any of those is absurd.
tell me who is clearly better than gomez on that list?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:35 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:The majority of them are ex titleholders who went on to win more, and claiming Alfredo Gomez is better than any of those is absurd.

Personally, I think Kat, Escobedo, Klassan and Salido are miles better with Litzau being about on par with Gomez.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:55 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Personally, I think Kat, Escobedo, Klassan and Salido are miles better with Litzau being about on par with Gomez.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Forget the resumes. Guerrero has done jack shit and doesnt generate any money. At least Canelo has a fan base and is close to size to Floyd.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Random Nobody at Critic's Choice Award
Guerrero Butthurt over Mayweather Moviea10
Guerrero Butthurt over Mayweather Moviea11
Busy Philipps and some random midget
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:12 pm

That elf needs to call the waaaaah-mbulence.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Forget the resumes. Guerrero has done jack shit and doesnt generate any money. At least Canelo has a fan base and is close to size to Floyd.

Even though I like Guerrero this is 100% correct. He doesn't even register on the same radar as Canelo or Cotto.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down