The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dan Rafael shows PacTard Bias Again!

+4
Soonermark890
dmar5143
kbyte
koolkc107
8 posters

Go down

Dan Rafael shows PacTard Bias Again! Empty Dan Rafael shows PacTard Bias Again!

Post  koolkc107 Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Danno tweeted the following half a day ago:

"Lotta people asking where I rank Marquez's KO of Manny. It's way up there but not ahead of Manny KO Hatton or @maravillabox KO of Williams..."

Really Dan? By what criteria? The beauty of the punch that was thrown? That would probably go to Maravilla, with a punch so picture perfect that at the time you, Dan, mistakenly called it a left hook.

The only other thing I can figure is the devastation the punch caused and Pac loses out there too:

By all accounts Ricky was out about 30- 45 seconds, while Paul was snoozing for 45-60 seconds...Pac was in the Land of Nod for several minutes!

Someone care to explain what Dan meant to me? I am all ears...

koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Dan Rafael shows PacTard Bias Again! Empty Re: Dan Rafael shows PacTard Bias Again!

Post  kbyte Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:24 pm

I don't think he cares about the significance of the KO and ranks the Williams and Hatton ones higher because they looked more spectacular I guess.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Dan Rafael shows PacTard Bias Again! Empty Re: Dan Rafael shows PacTard Bias Again!

Post  dmar5143 Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:52 pm

kbyte wrote:I don't think he cares about the significance of the KO and ranks the Williams and Hatton ones higher because they looked more spectacular I guess.
...good point.those punches were maybe was more viewable.i dont think hes pactarding but myself all 3 were equaly impressive and shocking.maybe not hatton since he was droped twice before.maybe its a matter of prefernce.williams or pac ko .either one not hatton.
to just say it ranks up there is a no brainer.more impressive the others were he says.why.to me all 3 are on close terms.have a survey here.most impressive isnt the choice.most shock value.ill say marquez and ill bet most of us will say that also.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:13 pm

kbyte wrote:I don't think he cares about the significance of the KO and ranks the Williams and Hatton ones higher because they looked more spectacular I guess.

I don't know if I'd say they were more spectacular, particularly Hatton because of what dmar says- when it came we were not shocked. You be the judge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xInP9Gi0xAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqeZSukSsXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx6rnnIpwe4
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:23 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
...good point.those punches were maybe was more viewable.i dont think hes pactarding but myself all 3 were equaly impressive and shocking.maybe not hatton since he was droped twice before.maybe its a matter of prefernce.williams or pac ko .either one not hatton.
to just say it ranks up there is a no brainer.more impressive the others were he says.why.to me all 3 are on close terms.have a survey here.most impressive isnt the choice.most shock value.ill say marquez and ill bet most of us will say that also.

I agree. No way any of the 3 was more shocking than Saturday. We saw Hatton Koed by Floyd and hurt by Lazcano; and we knew either man in the Maravilla-Punisher tilt could at least knock the other down. But prior to Saturday, JMM had never even scored a KD...and of course, Pac's chin is practically a legend by itself.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:52 pm

No i am as big of a PAC fan as its gets and that was the most amazing ko ever. It was the fact that i
Have never seen PAC hurt and it was at 2:59 in the round. The time it occurred alone puts it above the others IMO
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:No i am as big of a PAC fan as its gets and that was the most amazing ko ever. It was the fact that i
Have never seen PAC hurt and it was at 2:59 in the round. The time it occurred alone puts it above the others IMO

Yeah outside of those now irrelevant kos early in Pac's career I couldn't remember any time when JMM or anyone else did more than buzz Pac for a couple of seconds and he hadn't been knocked down since those early kos either. I've never been more shocked watching a fight.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:05 pm

kbyte wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:No i am as big of a PAC fan as its gets and that was the most amazing ko ever. It was the fact that i

Yeah outside of those now irrelevant kos early in Pac's career I couldn't remember any time when JMM or anyone else did more than buzz Pac for a couple of seconds and he hadn't been knocked down since those early kos either. I've never been more shocked watching a fight.
it was crazy. That fight didn't mean a thing legacy wise but it was amazing
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Marquez KO of Pacquaio was one of the worst Ive ever seen in my life, and it was the worst one in the highest level of boxing and a fight of this magnitude. Fat Dan is down playing it because hes a huge Pacquiao fan. Manny was out for a few minutes, which I actually thought at one point he might of been dead from that punch. Pacquiao was unconscious longer than Williams and Hatton combined. KO of the year and probably KO of the decade or even KO of the millennium maybe lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:46 pm

the hatton KO was expected. Even Hatton fans had to see that coming after the first round of that fight.

the PW ko wasn't as shocking. PW was absolutely blasted by Martinez in round 1 of their first fight. Martinez had already landed 3-4 big short left hands in round 1 of the rematch.

Hatton was getting blasted. PW was eating shots. Neither looked very good at the time they got destroyed.

Pac got dropped in round 3, recovered nicely and had Marquez looking worse for the wear. Marquez not only landed a one punch KO of a guy who has a hell of a chin, but also did it in the final second of a round and at a time when the fight looked to be getting away from him.

Rafael does have a Pac bias. He also likes to say things just to disagree with people. Such an asshole.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Here's the thing: When Manny KTFO Ricky and Martinez blasted Williams, it was the case of a great fighter knocking out a good fighter. Marquez, who knocked Manny out even worse than both of those KO's, knocked out a GREAT fighter that night. That's got to be one of the greatest KO's of all time.

And yes, Rafael is an idiot.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:02 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Here's the thing: When Manny KTFO Ricky and Martinez blasted Williams, it was the case of a great fighter knocking out a good fighter. Marquez, who knocked Manny out even worse than both of those KO's, knocked out a GREAT fighter that night. That's got to be one of the greatest KO's of all time.

...great points.nice post.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:13 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:Here's the thing: When Manny KTFO Ricky and Martinez blasted Williams, it was the case of a great fighter knocking out a good fighter. Marquez, who knocked Manny out even worse than both of those KO's, knocked out a GREAT fighter that night. That's got to be one of the greatest KO's of all time.

...great points.nice post.
especially the last line Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:31 am

Dan is an idiot:

Just based off of the magnitude of the fight, and the level of the fighters involved puts this KO ahead of the other two.

Here you have Manny Pacquiao: Greatest fighter of all time(according to some). Greatest fighter of the last 10 years(according to some). Named 'Fighter of the Decade' by some publication. And he was ABSOLUTELY SLEEP!!! I mean he was detonated, wiped out, completely anniahalated...so much to the point that you feared for his life for a couple of minutes.

Like one of the guys from 'Grantland' said: "He just dissapeared...one moment he was there, then he was just gone...."

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down