The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seems we aren't the only ones that don't think much of Rafael

+2
dmar5143
captainanddew
6 posters

Go down

Seems we aren't the only ones that don't think much of Rafael Empty Seems we aren't the only ones that don't think much of Rafael

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:09 pm

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Seems we aren't the only ones that don't think much of Rafael Empty Re: Seems we aren't the only ones that don't think much of Rafael

Post  dmar5143 Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:39 pm

excellent 100 percent accurate article.dan indeed is not the holy grail of sportswritters.as pointed out he does a decent job but others are better at it.what if a nigel collins had dans job.would he be pushing gatti for a hof vote.yes its all about dan and boxing takes a close second.espn tv and its internet page is a powerhouse to be used by a writer.ever notice dan has several links daily saying if you missed my article on this heres a link.he does a decent job but in that possition we deserve more then that..hes no red smith dan parker or nigel collins for sure.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Seems we aren't the only ones that don't think much of Rafael Empty Re: Seems we aren't the only ones that don't think much of Rafael

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:42 pm

I liked the article because it pointed out all the things I (and others on here had said about him for years).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:50 pm

captainanddew wrote:I liked the article because it pointed out all the things I (and others on here had said about him for years).
...yes the article did do that and extremly well.words in a article by dan is one thing substance and unique observations based on knowledge of the fight etc etc is another thing.rarely do they go hand in hand in dans summary of a fight.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:58 pm

No one likes Dan Rafael. You can go to the comments on all his chants and people on the site are bashing him on a weekly basis. I just dont understand how he even has a job. Hes not very good at what he does and hes a fucking cunt to the fans. Hes the reason I dont go to the ESPNs boxing page that much as I use to in the past.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:51 pm

i just feel like there are so many people who would and could do his job way better. and someone who is a lot more charismatic.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Most of us can do Rafael's job. It's pretty easy to get info when you work for ESPN, he basically just recaps news that other reporters actually have to dig to find, and if you've ever seen his fight recaps, it's clear he doesn't watch half of them and is just reading the reports.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:17 pm

he banned me on twitter. All I did was mention that if he would take an interest in his personal health and lose weight, then hotel water pressure wouldn't mean so much. He banned me.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:21 pm

captainanddew wrote:he banned me on twitter. All I did was mention that if he would take an interest in his personal health and lose weight, then hotel water pressure wouldn't mean so much. He banned me.
LMAO thats awesome.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:24 pm

I wasn't trying to be an asshole. That isn't my nature unless you insult me. Someone honestly needs to tell the man he is going to die a heinous death if he doesn't watch it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 pm

captainanddew wrote:I wasn't trying to be an asshole. That isn't my nature unless you insult me. Someone honestly needs to tell the man he is going to die a heinous death if he doesn't watch it.
That guy is an asshole so it doesn't surprise me you got banned for such a small comment though.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum