The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nishioka and linares victorious

3 posters

Go down

Nishioka and linares victorious Empty Nishioka and linares victorious

Post  Rum Capital Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Nishioka keeps WBC 122lb belt

By Joe Koizumi

WBC 122-pound champ Toshiaki Nishioka (37-4-3, 23 KOs), 121, kept his belt in his fifth defense as he displayed all he had and pounded out a hard-fought but eventually lopsided decision (all 119-109) over official challenger Rendall Munroe (21-2, 9 KOs), 120.25, over a furious twelve rounds on Sunday in Tokyo, Japan.
—–
Ex-champ Jorge Linares (30-1, 19 KOs), 133, decked his third comebacking bout as also ex-titlist Jesus “El Matador” Chavez (44-8, 30 KOs), 133, retired on the stool after the fourth round.
—–
Unbeaten Yoshihiro Kamegai (17-0, 15 KOs), 143, finely knocked out ex-champ Jose Alfaro (24-7, 21 KOs), 142, with the referee tolling the fatal ten at his first visit to the deck at 2:36 of the sixth round.
—–
WBA#8 Japanese bantam champ Shinsuke Yamanaka (13-0-2, 9 KOs), 119, halted WBA#14 Jose Silveira (13-3-1, 6 KOs), 119, at the end of the ninth session.

im a little surprised at the japanese victory. munroe's suppossed to win this according to some.
btw enough tune ups for linares against over the hill fighters he should be over his ko loss. time for a big fight.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Nishioka and linares victorious Empty Re: Nishioka and linares victorious

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:23 pm

thanks Rum!

As for Linares, I think he is going to struggle a little bit going forward. The KO loss did something to his head. In the fights I've seen he has moved more than he did before the KO loss (which is saying alot since he always moved alot). I also think he will struggle as he has to move up in weight. He did well as a young up and comer, but it is different when you are facing better competition and not doing so at a rather low weight for a guy his height. At 135 guys are much stronger than the ones he faced a few years ago.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:34 pm

captainanddew wrote:thanks Rum!

As for Linares, I think he is going to struggle a little bit going forward. The KO loss did something to his head. In the fights I've seen he has moved more than he did before the KO loss (which is saying alot since he always moved alot). I also think he will struggle as he has to move up in weight. He did well as a young up and comer, but it is different when you are facing better competition and not doing so at a rather low weight for a guy his height. At 135 guys are much stronger than the ones he faced a few years ago.
see i dont really know where he's going to campaign. his last two fights have been at 132 and 133. competition seems to be a lot tougher at 135 imo
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
captainanddew wrote:thanks Rum!

see i dont really know where he's going to campaign. his last two fights have been at 132 and 133. competition seems to be a lot tougher at 135 imo

I'm thinking 130 but the extra couple of pounds will probably be draining. He doesn't have that much power and his chin isn't the greatest. As he moves up to 135 (now or pretty darn soon), he will struggle to keep pressure guys off of him (keep them honest).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Thanks for the information and jeeze I wish Jesus Chavez would retire. He is taking too many beatings.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:34 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Thanks for the information and jeeze I wish Jesus Chavez would retire. He is taking too many beatings.

TKO by Katsidis
Majority Decision loss to David Diaz
Very Wide UD loss to Humberto Soto
TKO by Linares

Time for his family, manager, and trainer to sit him down and have a hard talk
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:50 pm

Does anyone know what was up with Linares camp before his loss to Salgado? I had read reports that he got dropped bad in sparring and had trouble making weight. And he's always had stamina issues.

I think he's trying to make the move to 135, but he knows his body isn't ready yet. I doubt we'll see him at 130 again though.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down