The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafael Marquez vs Toshiaki Nishioka on Oct 1st ?

4 posters

Go down

Rafael Marquez vs Toshiaki Nishioka on Oct 1st ? Empty Rafael Marquez vs Toshiaki Nishioka on Oct 1st ?

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2011 11:49 am

A Spanish-language Web site is reporting that Rafael Marquez WBC junior featherweight titleholder Toshiaki Nishioka on Oct. 1 in Las Vegas.

The two-time titleholder from Mexico also said he has received offers to fight WBA featherweight beltholder Yuriorkis Gamboa.

"The fight with Gamboa is there, and it can be taken into account later," Marquez told notifight.com. "I was world champion at bantamweight and featherweight. On the first of October I will look to win the junior featherweight title again in Las Vegas against the WBC titlist, Toshiaki Nishioka."

First, Marquez must deal with a June 18 bout against Eusebio Osejo in Toluca, Mexico.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/rumors/articles/167485-rafael-marquez-to-fight-nishioka

Back to top Go down

Rafael Marquez vs Toshiaki Nishioka on Oct 1st ? Empty Re: Rafael Marquez vs Toshiaki Nishioka on Oct 1st ?

Post  gomez1012 Tue May 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Real good fight

Will Rafa be going to Japan for this?

Montiel, Hugo Cazares, and Johnny Gonzalez have had success going to Japan
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Rafael Marquez vs Toshiaki Nishioka on Oct 1st ? Empty Re: Rafael Marquez vs Toshiaki Nishioka on Oct 1st ?

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2011 12:13 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Real good fight

Will Rafa be going to Japan for this?

Montiel, Hugo Cazares, and Johnny Gonzalez have had success going to Japan

According to the article the plan is Vegas.

Regardless of location it's a great fight to make.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue May 31, 2011 12:17 pm

great fight to make but a tough tough night for an aging Marquez. i think Nishioka's precision style is all wrong for Marquez at this point in his career

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Tough fight for Raffy at this stage of his career, but he'll give his usual superhuman effort. And props to Nishioka for continuing to take big fights on this side of the Pacific.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:35 pm

I respect all that Marquez has done. I really want him to retire. He doesn't have anything left to prove.

When you watch an athlete who stays too long it is always difficult. Marquez is in danger of doing so.

In boxing it is especially difficult for us as fans, as the final fights involve a beloved athlete taking too many punches to the head and body. It is much less disturbing to see athletes in other sports deteriorate.

Joe Calzaghe got it right. He left when he knew his body was going to betray him in the very near future. It is sad that not enough boxers heed this lesson.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down