The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Fighters Under 25

5 posters

Go down

Top Fighters Under 25 Empty Top Fighters Under 25

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Who You Got?

I'm sick of talking about the same "big name fighters" who do you like out of the up and comer young bloods?

Some to watch:

Adrian Broner
already a two-division world champion and is being regarded as one of the sport's top young talents. Recently totally dominated WBC lightweight champ Antonio DeMarco. Potential to eventually become a top two or three pound-for-pound fighter.

Saul Alvarez
WBC 154lb champ, has faced soft competition so far but what 22 year old hasnt. Take away the belt and all that is left is a 5 star prospect whos developing into a superstar. Looking for him to take a big step up in competition in 2013.

Danny Garcia
jr ww champ has forced his way to the top of a very talented division with wins over Amir Khan, Erik Morales, and Kendall Holt. Another tough test against Zab Judah in feb.

Tyson Fury
6'9 heavyweight with at least a smidge of athletic ability should be a force to be reckoned with. hasnt faced much in terms of competition, but hes someone id expect to rise to the top of the hw division based on size alone.

Miguel Angel Garcia
less heralded, but hes got a title shot against salido coming up and i think he'll make the most of it. seen a couple of his fights, i like how he isnt afraid to go for the kill.

Thoughts? any others?

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Top Fighters Under 25 Empty Re: Top Fighters Under 25

Post  Diego408 Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:19 pm

The fighters you named are the more know mainstream fighters under 25 that we always see feautured.

Other fighters:

I'd say Roman Gonzalez who has great skills and is a champion. He can give punishment and take it. he very well rounded (but he borderline on the list because hes 25 right now)

Tyson Marquez whos 24, is one of the most entertaining fighters in the world. He just lost a unification match against viloria, but damn that fight was close at the time of the stoppage. At times it looked like he was about to stop Viloria. Donaire stopped him years back also.

Leo Santa Cruz whos a champion and is 24. The guy has been very active this year and is going to fight this month, He didnt even fight that long ago either. The guys puts some damn great body work on his opponent. Santa Cruz vs Mares will be war.

Gary Russell jr whos probably one of the best prospects in the world. He has super fast hands, maybe the fastest in boxing. He has a bright future. He just needs to fight a guy that will challenge him.

Javier Fortuna who had a spectacular KO in his last fight on ESPN2 is an amazing fighter. Damn him vs Russell would be a great fight. Fortuna has power.

Keith Thurman who has some power behind his punches. Hes probably the best puncher in boxing. The guy is pretty good and looks to be entertaining.

Demetirous Andrade is a solid contender but he has fought anyone with a heart beat.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Diego408 wrote:The fighters you named are the more know mainstream fighters under 25 that we always see feautured.

Other fighters:

I'd say Roman Gonzalez who has great skills and is a champion. He can give punishment and take it. he very well rounded (but he borderline on the list because hes 25 right now)

Tyson Marquez whos 24, is one of the most entertaining fighters in the world. He just lost a unification match against viloria, but damn that fight was close at the time of the stoppage. At times it looked like he was about to stop Viloria. Donaire stopped him years back also.

Leo Santa Cruz whos a champion and is 24. The guy has been very active this year and is going to fight this month, He didnt even fight that long ago either. The guys puts some damn great body work on his opponent. Santa Cruz vs Mares will be war.

Gary Russell jr whos probably one of the best prospects in the world. He has super fast hands, maybe the fastest in boxing. He has a bright future. He just needs to fight a guy that will challenge him.

Javier Fortuna who had a spectacular KO in his last fight on ESPN2 is an amazing fighter. Damn him vs Russell would be a great fight. Fortuna has power.

Keith Thurman who has some power behind his punches. Hes probably the best puncher in boxing. The guy is pretty good and looks to be entertaining.

Demetirous Andrade is a solid contender but he has fought anyone with a heart beat.
Pretty damn good list. Russell jr might be the best guy on that list.

Fortuna? I vaguely remember the name. I am going to have to look him up again. For some reason I cant picture him.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:The fighters you named are the more know mainstream fighters under 25 that we always see feautured.

Other fighters:

Fortuna? I vaguely remember the name. I am going to have to look him up again. For some reason I cant picture him.
Fortuna was first introduced to the boxing public when HBO showed his highlights in the under card of Martinez vs PW II. He had a spectacular KO in his first US fight and had a spectacular KO in his last outing against Cristobal Cruz who years back beat Salido for a featheweight championship. He discovered by the same guy that brought Pacquaio and Martinez to the US. He fights tonight in the undercard of MArquez vs Pacquiao 4. Hes probably better than Gary Russell Jr. Theyre in the same weight class, so they could probably fight each other in the next 3 to 4 years. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Al Haymon avoids Fortuna for Russell jrs sake.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Diego408 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Other fighters:

Fortuna was first introduced to the boxing public when HBO showed his highlights in the under card of Martinez vs PW II. He had a spectacular KO in his first US fight and had a spectacular KO in his last outing against Cristobal Cruz who years back beat Salido for a featheweight championship. He discovered by the same guy that brought Pacquaio and Martinez to the US. He fights tonight in the undercard of MArquez vs Pacquiao 4. Hes probably better than Gary Russell Jr. Theyre in the same weight class, so they could probably fight each other in the next 3 to 4 years. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Al Haymon avoids Fortuna for Russell jrs sake.
Ok I think I remember who you are talking about. I am glad he is fighting tonight. I personally cant wait for tonight. I might be one of the only ones who loves to watch both JMM and Pac. Most people are either a JMM fan or Pac fan. I am both. I have only rooted against JMM when he fights Pac. JMM is a class act and I really hope he doesnt stick around boxing too long. I would hate to see him go out getting beat bad.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Other fighters:

Ok I think I remember who you are talking about. I am glad he is fighting tonight. I personally cant wait for tonight. I might be one of the only ones who loves to watch both JMM and Pac. Most people are either a JMM fan or Pac fan. I am both. I have only rooted against JMM when he fights Pac. JMM is a class act and I really hope he doesnt stick around boxing too long. I would hate to see him go out getting beat bad.
Marquez said he'll stay in boxing until his body can't take it anymore, so I'm not so sure how much longer he can go at it and compete at the highest level. Marquez really is a class act. I watch him on the "Golpe a Golpe" show on ESPN Deportes and he's a intellectual guy. So even when he decides to retire he'll still be around the sport. I've been a huge Marquez fan since his first Pacquiao fight and watched everyone of his fight since then. I just hope he looks good tonight. It's hard to believe he's this old and still one of the best.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Nathan cleverly
jonathan "bomba" gonzalez
Victor ortiz- yeah i don't care i think he has a lot of upside and can still be a great fighter.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:38 am

Rum Capital wrote:Nathan cleverly
jonathan "bomba" gonzalez
Victor ortiz- yeah i don't care i think he has a lot of upside and can still be a great fighter.
maybe talent wise but not mentally
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down