The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hatton vs senchenko

+3
dmar5143
flapanther2001
captainanddew
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

hatton vs senchenko - Page 2 Empty Re: hatton vs senchenko

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:07 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:In retrospect, he should've had a couple of tune ups first.

a gimme tune up is in order after 3.5 yrs off.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:11 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:In retrospect, he should've had a couple of tune ups first.

I don't think it would have mattered. He was out of the ring for nearly 4 years. Hatton's style was never designed for longevity. He overachieved in his career and he should retire proud of his accomplishments. He had already been as far as he could have. I hope he can hold it together now.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:13 pm

dbudge wrote:

I don't think it would have mattered. He was out of the ring for nearly 4 years. Hatton's style was never designed for longevity. He overachieved in his career and he should retire proud of his accomplishments. He had already been as far as he could have. I hope he can hold it together now.
Sometimes a confidence builder helps, plus he was not in fighting shape.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:14 pm

serious.put him on suicide watch.hes deeply hurt inside now.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:15 pm

dbudge good points.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:20 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Sometimes a confidence builder helps, plus he was not in fighting shape.

Yeh maybe but he was done before he stepped in the ring tonight. Hatton of 2005 would have kicked the shit out of Senchenko. He would have been on his chest unloading relentless barrages of punches. Tonight he was well of the pace. Everything was really forced and the timing was awful... Which was kind of to be expected. It is sad for me, I'm truly heartbroken

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:21 pm

I've said before that guys with Hatton's style don't last long. All I am saying is I don't recall many fighters of any level taking 3.5 yrs off and not coming back against a bum.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:21 pm

dmar5143 wrote:serious.put him on suicide watch.hes deeply hurt inside now.

Yeah I'm really worried for him now. He looked awful tonight quite frankly so it was hard to see this happen to him. The post fight interview was heartbreaking. I hope someone can get through to him and let him know that he doesn't have to feel like a failure. Hes just got old and its something that happens to every fighter.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:22 pm

captainanddew wrote:I've said before that guys with Hatton's style don't last long. All I am saying is I don't recall many fighters of any level taking 3.5 yrs off and not coming back against a bum.

That's why, "there's only one RICKY HATTON!" Lol

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:34 pm

It should come to no surprise that Hatton lost. Hes old, and he wasn't that good to begin with. He was always been highly overrated, and at highest point in his career he was never a top 10 world talent like many had him ranked. He had a bad chin and a no defense. To be honest Ive never really been too entertained with any of his fights. He was always holding and punching until he came to the Americas and was regulated by the refs. Its the reason Collazo beat him up and hurt him. Callazo actually dropped him, but was ruled a slip. Juan Luzcano also had him hurt, all this was when he was in his prime. His highlight wins were old Tszyu and over the hill Jose Luis Castillo. He was a decent fighter, but he wasnt very good.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Diego408 wrote:It should come to no surprise that Hatton lost. Hes old, and he wasn't that good to begin with. He was always been highly overrated, and at highest point in his career he was never a top 10 world talent like many had him ranked. He had a bad chin and a no defense. To be honest Ive never really been too entertained with any of his fights. He was always holding and punching until he came to the Americas and was regulated by the refs. Its the reason Collazo beat him up and hurt him. Callazo actually dropped him, but was ruled a slip. Juan Luzcano also had him hurt, all this was when he was in his prime. His highlight wins were old Tszyu and over the hill Jose Luis Castillo. He was a decent fighter, but he wasnt very good.

I'm not at all surprised he lost and I was actually thinking Senchenko would stop him. Didn't think it would be a body shot though. As you said anyway, hes just old now. Still, as a fan it was sad to see how disappointed he was and I'm worried for him now.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:47 pm

Good fight in my opinion. Hatton looked like Hatton. Senchenko's style worked very well against him.

If Hatton's heart isn't in boxing, he should retire. However, if he is still hungry, I think he should pursue onward. That was NOT a devastating defeat.

Good win for Senchenko. He deserves a rematch vs. Pauli.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Shaun wrote:Good fight in my opinion. Hatton looked like Hatton. Senchenko's style worked very well against him.

If Hatton's heart isn't in boxing, he should retire. However, if he is still hungry, I think he should pursue onward. That was NOT a devastating defeat.

Good win for Senchenko. He deserves a rematch vs. Pauli.

he retired again at the post fight presser.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2