The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricky Hatton relapses

+2
hardcorebee24
powerpuncher
6 posters

Go down

Ricky Hatton relapses Empty Re: Ricky Hatton relapses

Post  powerpuncher Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:40 am

thats too bad. he rehab doesnt help then i dont know what will. he just has to have enough self control to stop.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:53 am

Justifying that booze wasn't the problem. Coke was. Drug addicts can be very arrogant people who feel they control their actions.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:58 am

Jumped into a waiting grey BMW, drove around the block, and exited the car at the same spot he entered eh? sounds like he did a bit of sniffy sniffy too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:15 am

UNLESS HE STRAIGHTENS OUT FAST ITS OVER FOR HATTON.LITTERLY I CAN SEE HIM GETTING KILLED IN A BAR FIGHT OR OD ING.

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:24 am

21 pints damn Rickys' a champ. But seriously sad to see, I hope he can get better.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:39 am

21 pints of Guinness and 11 bottles of beer over a 2 day long period doesn't seem all that excessive, and at least he wasn't driving. Back in the day i've done far worse myself, the media needs to get off Hatton's nuts, what are they doing following him around and counting the number of beers he drinks?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:50 am

if its over two days its still a case a beer a day..or a fifth of booze a day..and just getting out of rehab..that is a big problem.6 in a hour visit or one drink every ten minutes is a problem drinker..this is not a case of a one time thing.od with drugs and booze is a strong possibilty so is alcohol poisoning...it will progress from there unless he wakes up fast..

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:51 am

Ring wrote:21 pints of Guinness and 11 bottles of beer over a 2 day long period doesn't seem all that excessive, and at least he wasn't driving. Back in the day i've done far worse myself, the media needs to get off Hatton's nuts, what are they doing following him around and counting the number of beers he drinks?
Ring, I'll agree with you if it's only beer. However, if he's addicted to coke, he has a serious problem. That's a very hard habit to break and works very fast to destroy it's victims. Cocaine addicts will do just about anything to get another hit. Let's hope he's just experimenting with the Coke and just likes to drink a lot.

If Ricky's situation is serious (Cocaine addiction, and that's a big "IF.") he should go back in the ring to stay out of trouble. Sure, he'll win some and lose some, but with the cocaine, he only loses. Better brain damage by way of Pacquiao than coke dealers.

Personally, I think this is a very sensitive guy that is in need of some exceptional friends and a talented therapist.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:58 am

The booze leads to the coke. I think canvas pointed out that he was jumping into a car to go around the block etc. Cocaine is a hard drug to kick when one has a lot of money and people willing to do it with you. The paparazzi in England are way worse than the paparazzi here and they'll be on his ass as much as possible until he gives them nothing to write about.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:00 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:The booze leads to the coke. I think canvas pointed out that he was jumping into a car to go around the block etc. Cocaine is a hard drug to kick when one has a lot of money and people willing to do it with you. The paparazzi in England are way worse than the paparazzi here and they'll be on his ass as much as possible until he gives them nothing to write about.
Sounds like they're doing him a favor. Ricky's on his way to an ugly and lonely place.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Frank wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:The booze leads to the coke. I think canvas pointed out that he was jumping into a car to go around the block etc. Cocaine is a hard drug to kick when one has a lot of money and people willing to do it with you. The paparazzi in England are way worse than the paparazzi here and they'll be on his ass as much as possible until he gives them nothing to write about.
Sounds like they're doing him a favor. Ricky's on his way to an ugly and lonely place.

Unless that makes him more dpressed and go into a much darker place. Addicts only stop when they want to stop and if Ricky doesn't want to stop he won't, he has the means not to.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:08 pm

[quote="dmar5143"]UNLESS HE STRAIGHTENS OUT FAST ITS OVER FOR HATTON.LITTERLY I CAN SEE HIM GETTING KILLED IN A BAR FIGHT OR OD ING.[/quote]

i'd like to know what clever fucker would try it on withg Ricky Hatton in a bar fight. Ricky Hatton can do what he wants here and he will still be admired.
Once an addict, always an addict. if you have an addictive personality then that is something that you will carry for life. Ricky has that, he likes to drink and he likes to party. if you guys think Ricky had never sniffed a line of quiver before Manny Pacquiao layed him out then you'd be very wrong. Cocaine use unfortunately is a major problem in inner city parts of the UK. i've seen the effects of this disgusting drug first hand and it can be devestating. The drinking isn't an issue for Ricky in my eyes, some people are excessive whether athletes or not and nothing will change that. it is the nosebag that the people around Ricky need to be concerned about. losing somebody you love through drug addiction can leave you in a very dark and guilt-ridden world. i hope that the News of the World are blowing things out of proportion as they normally do. The paper is a tabloid paper, it would be the same to read a women's celebrity gossip magazine in the States

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:12 pm

[quote="dbudge"]
dmar5143 wrote:UNLESS HE STRAIGHTENS OUT FAST ITS OVER FOR HATTON.LITTERLY I CAN SEE HIM GETTING KILLED IN A BAR FIGHT OR OD ING.[/quote]

i'd like to know what clever fucker would try it on withg Ricky Hatton in a bar fight. Ricky Hatton can do what he wants here and he will still be admired.
Once an addict, always an addict. if you have an addictive personality then that is something that you will carry for life. Ricky has that, he likes to drink and he likes to party. if you guys think Ricky had never sniffed a line of quiver before Manny Pacquiao layed him out then you'd be very wrong. Cocaine use unfortunately is a major problem in inner city parts of the UK. i've seen the effects of this disgusting drug first hand and it can be devestating. The drinking isn't an issue for Ricky in my eyes, some people are excessive whether athletes or not and nothing will change that. it is the nosebag that the people around Ricky need to be concerned about. losing somebody you love through drug addiction can leave you in a very dark and guilt-ridden world. i hope that the News of the World are blowing things out of proportion as they normally do. The paper is a tabloid paper, it would be the same to read a women's celebrity gossip magazine in the States

The booze leads to the coke. Trust me cocaine has been a major problem here long before it was/is a problem in the UK. We're back on heroin over here since the economy took a dive. Crack will be next I presume.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Frank wrote:
Ring wrote:21 pints of Guinness and 11 bottles of beer over a 2 day long period doesn't seem all that excessive, and at least he wasn't driving. Back in the day i've done far worse myself, the media needs to get off Hatton's nuts, what are they doing following him around and counting the number of beers he drinks?
Ring, I'll agree with you if it's only beer. However, if he's addicted to coke, he has a serious problem. That's a very hard habit to break and works very fast to destroy it's victims. Cocaine addicts will do just about anything to get another hit. Let's hope he's just experimenting with the Coke and just likes to drink a lot.

If Ricky's situation is serious (Cocaine addiction, and that's a big "IF.") he should go back in the ring to stay out of trouble. Sure, he'll win some and lose some, but with the cocaine, he only loses. Better brain damage by way of Pacquiao than coke dealers.

Personally, I think this is a very sensitive guy that is in need of some exceptional friends and a talented therapist.

Cocaine is a dangerous drug, it fucks up your head, and in the wrong doses it kills people, but a 2 day (48 hr) bender drinking 32 beers or 16 a day? Sorry, but that just sounds like a bit of partying to me.

Last edited by Ring on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:18 pm

what happens when you drink and use cocaine is it produces a chemical in the brain called cocaethylene. this is what leads people to cocaine addiction when they drink. i understand all about it mate, unfortunately what Ricky's family and friends are going through is something i've been through and that didn't have a happy ending so i'm all to aware about the consequences of such actions Sad

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Ring wrote:
Frank wrote:

Cocaine is a dangerous drug, it fucks up your head, and in the wrong doses it kills people, but a 2 day (48 hr) bender drinking 32 beers or 16 a day? Sorry, but that just sounds like a bit of partying to me.

I just think it's excessive just out of rehab. Not for most but for a guys struggling with addiction I don't think a bender of any sort is appropriate.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:30 pm

dbudge wrote:what happens when you drink and use cocaine is it produces a chemical in the brain called cocaethylene. this is what leads people to cocaine addiction when they drink. i understand all about it mate, unfortunately what Ricky's family and friends are going through is something i've been through and that didn't have a happy ending so i'm all to aware about the consequences of such actions Sad

Continued use and abuse of cocaine and alcohol never has a happy ending, most who use past the point of partying or simply party too much can't control themselves. Without boxing i don't think Hatton can control his vices.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:41 pm

I just think it's excessive just out of rehab. Not for most but for a guys struggling with addiction I don't think a bender of any sort is appropriate.

True, excessive, as well as being stupid considering that he just got out of rehab, I mean WTF is the point of going to rehab. Part of the problem is, Ricky loves to party, and he has an almost unlimited about of money to do it with, it's not like he's going to lose his job and be homeless.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Ring wrote:

True, excessive, as well as being stupid considering that he just got out of rehab, I mean WTF is the point of going to rehab. Part of the problem is, Ricky loves to party, and he has an almost unlimited about of money to do it with, it's not like he's going to lose his job and be homeless.

PR, that's it. He's a Member of the Order of the British Empire so I'm sure he wants to keep his perks. Partying right after rehab like this means he doesn't really want to stop. From what we've seen on 24/7 and such Ricky lives a modest lifestyle so he probably has a huge flow of cash at his disposal and unfortunately he's sticking it up his nose.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:49 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ring wrote:

PR, that's it. He's a Member of the Order of the British Empire so I'm sure he wants to keep his perks. Partying right after rehab like this means he doesn't really want to stop. From what we've seen on 24/7 and such Ricky lives a modest lifestyle so he probably has a huge flow of cash at his disposal and unfortunately he's sticking it up his nose.

MBE's can be taken away as well as given

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:55 pm

dbudge wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ring wrote:

MBE's can be taken away as well as given

That's exactly my point.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:16 pm

Why is anybody surprised to hear this? Rehab is not some magic entity that cures you of all addictions. When Hatton hits absolute rock bottom, he will know it & then decide to do something about it. Until then he'll continue to party like a rock star. That was the whole idea behind making all that money in the fight game, right? Now he's reaping the rewards of his labors, which unfortunately for him, is getting high & drinking at will. No more training to hold him back, surrounded by yes friends that enable him and having so many doors opened for him that have nothing but trouble behind them. Again. as I've stated before, this will get worse before it gets better. Hopefully he'll wake up before it kills him.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:34 pm

ricky hatton about 6 weeks ago was already put down for the ten count in a one punch fight by a bodybuilder..he could of crack his head on a corner of a heavy table or if outside on a curb..
no rehab isnt a miracle thing especialy for only 30 days BUT it can and does work if folks apply the tools given to them and want to reform..hatton as of now is neither wanting to stop nor appliying tools in prevention...a few football players including a hofamer for the vikings went threw millions on that junk.and ended up broke..hatton can do the same thing.3 pints is equal to 4 beers usa 12 once beers.hatton does not have a endless supply of money...ive worked with both drug and alcohol addicts and it usualy takes several times into rehab before they wake up and change..hatton has a long way to go before he hits a bottom and thats usualy what it takes to stop..some never doo.anyone who thinks that just doing booze is ok and not a problem is dead wrong.
hatton is flirting with danger on two ends..there is noo such thing as a harmless drink or social drug use for a addict..moderation of any form is not in there vocabulary..the downward spiral has started for him..he will give lip service untill he crashes to his bottom..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:37 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Why is anybody surprised to hear this? Rehab is not some magic entity that cures you of all addictions. When Hatton hits absolute rock bottom, he will know it & then decide to do something about it. Until then he'll continue to party like a rock star. That was the whole idea behind making all that money in the fight game, right? Now he's reaping the rewards of his labors, which unfortunately for him, is getting high & drinking at will. No more training to hold him back, surrounded by yes friends that enable him and having so many doors opened for him that have nothing but trouble behind them. Again. as I've stated before, this will get worse before it gets better. Hopefully he'll wake up before it kills him.
...i agree fully.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down