The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Warren Presents Gr8 Britain Card 12/11

3 posters

Go down

Frank Warren Presents Gr8 Britain Card 12/11 Empty Frank Warren Presents Gr8 Britain Card 12/11

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:38 pm

From Dbudge's post on the thread, Warren brings us another Magnificent 7 like Card

Also looks like he still has a share in Amir Khan

GR8 BRITAIN vs THE WORLD
LAS VEGAS:
Amir Khan v Marcos Maidana
[WBA Light-Welterweight title]

MANNHEIM:
Wladimir Klitschko v Dereck Chisora
[WBO & IBF World Heavyweight title]

LIVERPOOL:
Nathan Cleverly v Alejandro Lakatus
[WBO Interim World Light-Heavyweight Championship]

Paul Smith v James DeGale
[British Super-Middleweight title]

Matthew Macklin v Ruben Varon
[European Middleweight title]

Kell Brook v Michael Clark
[WBO Intercontinental Welterweight Title]

Frankie Gavin v Dean Harrison
[WBO Intercontinental Light-Welterweight title]

Tony Bellew v Ovill McKenzie
[Commonwealth Light-Heavyweight title]

Frank Warren Presents Gr8 Britain Card 12/11 Rm7
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren Presents Gr8 Britain Card 12/11 Empty Re: Frank Warren Presents Gr8 Britain Card 12/11

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:44 pm

you cheeky mofo

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren Presents Gr8 Britain Card 12/11 Empty Re: Frank Warren Presents Gr8 Britain Card 12/11

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:46 pm

dbudge wrote:you cheeky mofo

For the US fans!

Love the afternoon fights on a Saturday!

Is Paul Smith the guy who was on the contender? That should be a decent scrap

And def want to see Cleverly in action again, really impressed vs Murat
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:48 pm

really only the Liverpool card is being put on by Warren...still a very interesting card.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:53 pm

previous card was alot of fun. It made for a great Saturday afternoon. Popcorn, beer, computer, and alot of well matched bouts.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:00 pm

No Enzo Macaroni?

I'm up for another Youtube friendly KO.
Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Canvas wrote:really only the Liverpool card is being put on by Warren...still a very interesting card.

yeah it is but he's got the other fights into the deal as well. of course he isn't promoting Khan or Wlad but it's his show that is enabling the financial backing to get these fights onto British TV.

I think Smith appeared on one of the US vs UK cards of the contender series. i don't think he was ever a participant in the actual show. that fight is a bit of a step up for either fighter really. i think DeGale should win though, i can't see Warren putting in a young prospect in a fight that was 50/50 and to be fair Paul Smith is a compotent boxer had best. he won't being anything that DeGale shouldn't be able to cope with but it should be way more competitive than DeGales last contest. at this point any fight DeGale has is a build up for a Groves fight which will be big in England. Kell Brook is the one to watch on the show, he is a good little fighter. I think big things are expected of Cleverley as well. either way the whole PPV is going to spread over 8 hours or something so it is definitely value for money

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Im pretty certain Warren still has a piece of Khan, GBP always "co-promotes" fighters

Yea I do remember Smith on that show

Brook was very disappointing in his last fight, I hope to see him and Mike Jones go at it next year, lets see if he shows us something better this time around
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:41 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Im pretty certain Warren still has a piece of Khan, GBP always "co-promotes" fighters

Yea I do remember Smith on that show

Brook was very disappointing in his last fight, I hope to see him and Mike Jones go at it next year, lets see if he shows us something better this time around

Kell's problem is that he's struggled to get significant fights. i think he lacks motivation going in. It looks like this fight is basically an eliminator for a fight with Mike Jones. That is definitely a fight Kell could win. i've got a positive feeling about Brook

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:57 pm

I'll be tuning in to the fights that won't be happening in the UK, this magnificent seven card isn't that great, all the opponents are cupcakes except Degale's fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Ali wrote:I'll be tuning in to the fights that won't be happening in the UK, this magnificent seven card isn't that great, all the opponents are cupcakes except Degale's fight.

What do you know of Cleverly's foe?

Looking at boxrec, looks like a Spanish journeyman, lost to Erdei and Garay
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:02 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:I'll be tuning in to the fights that won't be happening in the UK, this magnificent seven card isn't that great, all the opponents are cupcakes except Degale's fight.

What do you know of Cleverly's foe?

Looking at boxrec, looks like a Spanish journeyman, lost to Erdei and Garay

He's just there to pad Cleverly's record, it's a huge step down from Murat.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:09 pm

still a lot of fights that have significant meaning to the domestic scene. it's from the domestic scene that the top fighters in Britain are elevated from. It's keeping his fighters busy as well, smart move.

I don't believe that Warren has any share in Khan. i think that is more to do with Sky. it makes the best financial sense because Khan on his own couldn't carry a PPV at that time on a sunday morning. i guess it is a deal that has been worked out between Khan's management and Warren as there are still the business ties there

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Ali wrote:

WBO Interim strap on the line, that's a step closer to a fight with Braehmer/Shumenov winner
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:16 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:

WBO Interim strap on the line, that's a step closer to a fight with Braehmer/Shumenov winner

i think it's just keeping him busy. doesn't he already hold the interim strap from beating Murat? the fight with Braehmer couldn't get made because of the German's legal troubles but now he has the Shumenov fight coming up??

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:23 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:

He won that strap against Murat, it's just a fight to pad his record.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:28 pm

dbudge wrote:
i think it's just keeping him busy. doesn't he already hold the interim strap from beating Murat? the fight with Braehmer couldn't get made because of the German's legal troubles but now he has the Shumenov fight coming up??

yep, defending it against this guy

Shu vs Cleverly be real good
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:31 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

yep, defending it against this guy

Shu vs Cleverly be real good

Braehmer was meant to have serious legal troubles i thought. i think Cleverly looks like a well rounded fighter and he's only young still. it seems as if his power is becoming more and more effective in fights as he goes through his career which can't be a bad sign. he should do well

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down