The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricky Hatton Comeback or training duties ?

+5
Diego408
Soonermark890
Gumby
captainanddew
flapanther2001
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ricky Hatton Comeback or training duties ? Empty Ricky Hatton Comeback or training duties ?

Post  Guest Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:22 am

It could just be that Ricky's lost weight since he became a trainer, I hope to god he's not planning a return to the ring.

Ricky Hatton Comeback or training duties ? Ricky-hatton-losing-weight%20(4)

Ricky Hatton Comeback or training duties ? Ricky-hatton-losing-weight%20(2)

Back to top Go down

Ricky Hatton Comeback or training duties ? Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Comeback or training duties ?

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:55 pm

How the fuck does a guy with no skills train anybody?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Ricky Hatton Comeback or training duties ? Empty Re: Ricky Hatton Comeback or training duties ?

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:57 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:How the fuck does a guy with no skills train anybody?

you do understand that freddie roach wasn't exactly the highest skilled fighter when he fought.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:33 pm

captainanddew wrote:

you do understand that freddie roach wasn't exactly the highest skilled fighter when he fought.
Roach, is a tad more cerebral than Hatton.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:57 am

A lot of fighters could learn a thing or two from Hatton.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Gumby wrote:A lot of fighters could learn a thing or two from Hatton.
Yes...lead with your chin & blow up to 200 lbs in between fights.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:24 pm

How the hell does a chap with no skills win and defend the lineal Jr Welterweight crown ?

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Ali wrote:

How the hell does a chap with no skills win and defend the lineal Jr Welterweight crown ?
Hit, hold, hug, mug....repeat Very Happy
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Ali wrote:

Hey you dont think Wlad has skills and he is the lineal HW champ.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Boom!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:02 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Lmao but this is very true. He got away with this shit in the UK and when he came to the states, the Refs put their foot down on his illegal tactics and he then got his ass beat.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:05 am

although i always thought that hatton was overrated during his time at the top of the division, i think that his losses to floyd and pac have most people now underrating him. he was a good fighter. he beat solid competition. he didnt exclusively fight bums. who know, maybe he could be a good trainer.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ricky is 5'6
Wladimir is 6'6

There's a huge difference.

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:51 am

although i always thought that hatton was overrated during his time at the top of the division, i think that his losses to floyd and pac have most people now underrating him. he was a good fighter. he beat solid competition. he didnt exclusively fight bums. who know, maybe he could be a good trainer.

Don't forget Collazo beating him around the ring....

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:58 am

hillsicc303 wrote:

i agree. he had trouble with boxers and it was a weight class higher than he was used to. not making excuses for him just saying that i know he had his faults and wasnt the greatest fighter, but he was a really good fighter and had a nice run through his career. he faced better opposition than most of the so called champions today.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:15 am

Sometimes it takes the guy who CAN'T do something himself to appreciate it when it's done well by others. Hatton can't have helped but learn from being in there with all the guys he fought. No reason to think he isn't able to pass that knowledge on as a trainer.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:44 am

hillsicc303 wrote:

Huh ? I gave him like five rounds, how does that equal Luis beating Ricky around the ring ?

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Diego408 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Lmao but this is very true. He got away with this shit in the UK and when he came to the states, the Refs put their foot down on his illegal tactics and he then got his ass beat.

so are you both saying that hopkins has no skills then????

dont underrate hatton. he was a tough dude. hattons lifestyle is what fucked his career. he lost only to the top 2 fighters of his generation in a 47 fight career, was a 2 weight world champion and lineal champion for four years. for a guy with no skills he did pretty well i'd say

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ricky is 5'6
Wladimir is 6'6

There's a huge difference.
Yeah a Foot cool
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:17 pm

dbudge wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali wrote:

so are you both saying that hopkins has no skills then????

dont underrate hatton. he was a tough dude. hattons lifestyle is what fucked his career. he lost only to the top 2 fighters of his generation in a 47 fight career, was a 2 weight world champion and lineal champion for four years. for a guy with no skills he did pretty well i'd say

I give respect to the one and only Ricky Hatton.

But please don't say that he only lost to Pac and mayweather.

He got a decision vs collazo only because he was ricky hatton and was going to fight Floyd.. He lost that fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Collazzo had Hatton out on his feet in round 12
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:07 am

Huh ? I gave him like five rounds, how does that equal Luis beating Ricky around the ring ?

1. Take your British colored glasses off.

2. Watch the fight again.

3. Get back to me with an honest answer.

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:31 am

hillsicc303 wrote:

1. Take your British colored glasses off.

2. Watch the fight again.

3. Get back to me with an honest answer.
i had it 8-4 for collazo.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:12 am

i had it 8-4 for collazo.

So did I lol...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:40 am

I had it 7-5 for Ricky.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next