The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you fucking kidding??? Erik Morales vs. Ricky Hatton?

5 posters

Go down

Are you fucking kidding??? Erik Morales vs. Ricky Hatton? Empty Are you fucking kidding??? Erik Morales vs. Ricky Hatton?

Post  gomez1012 Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:29 pm

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/165947-erik-morales-vs-ricky-hatton

Oscar De La Hoya is talking about promoting a fight in Las Vegas between two aging-but-iconic fighters, Erik Moralesand Ricky Hatton, and Hatton might be listening.

The Manchester Evening News reported that De La Hoya's company, Golden Boy Promotions, has offered Hatton (45-2, 32 knockouts) big money to come out of retirement and fight Morales (51-7, 35 KOs), who revived his own prospects April 9 when he pushed Marcos Maidana to the limit in a 12-round junior welterweight title bout. Maidana prevailed by majority decision.

"Erik has shown Ricky that it can be done," De La Hoya said. "He was away for three years but returned to have three fights before putting on a beautiful performance against Marcos Maidana."

Hatton retired after suffering a second-round knockout at the hands of Manny Pacquiaoin May of 2009. His other loss was a 10th-round TKO to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Walking away from the ring has not been easy. Hatton has struggled with alcohol, drug abuse and depression since leaving the sport, but said last month he has finally come to terms with retirement.

"For a period after the Manny Pacquiao fight, I just spent my time sulking and depressed," Hatton said. "Everybody knows when you're depressed and have a few pints it's not a good mixture."

Evil or Very Mad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Are you fucking kidding??? Erik Morales vs. Ricky Hatton? Empty Re: Are you fucking kidding??? Erik Morales vs. Ricky Hatton?

Post  Norm1023 Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Call me crazy, but I like it.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Are you fucking kidding??? Erik Morales vs. Ricky Hatton? Empty Re: Are you fucking kidding??? Erik Morales vs. Ricky Hatton?

Post  Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Any time I've seen Ricky appear on tv lately he seems pretty much convinced that his boxing days are over. I wouldn't be keen on a comeback now, not after the whole cocaine fiasco.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:48 pm

There's only One Ricki Hatton
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:07 pm

It's a pity all the Mexican legends began to approach Ricky's weight when he's finished, because they'd all be fun fights.

Hatton vs Morales, Marquez or Barrera.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:19 am

Morales better put on some weight since the fight will be a light heavy.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:10 am

Hatton should just keep the gloves hanging up. unless that hunger is really there then he should just leave it.....

i don't think Hatton's cocaine usage (abuse seems a strong word to me, abuse means that all you live for is the next line) only started after the Pacquiao fight. he'd probably used cocaine through the majority of his career as it's been no secret that he loved to drink and party. he's probably always loved a toot.

i just don't think it's a wise move, Morales always had the boxing skills, Hatton has always been a brawler that imposes himself and his relentless workrate on his opponent. could he still apply that pressure?? i don't think so personally

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:13 pm

dbudge wrote:Hatton should just keep the gloves hanging up. unless that hunger is really there then he should just leave it.....

i don't think Hatton's cocaine usage (abuse seems a strong word to me, abuse means that all you live for is the next line) only started after the Pacquiao fight. he'd probably used cocaine through the majority of his career as it's been no secret that he loved to drink and party. he's probably always loved a toot.

i just don't think it's a wise move, Morales always had the boxing skills, Hatton has always been a brawler that imposes himself and his relentless workrate on his opponent. could he still apply that pressure?? i don't think so personally

Hatton's body has dealt with all the weight and hard living (food and drink) over the years. I'd hope he takes your advice and keeps promoting (he seems to be doing well with some decent, younger British fighters).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down