The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like Froch won't be facing Kessler this year

5 posters

Go down

Looks like Froch won't be facing Kessler this year Empty Looks like Froch won't be facing Kessler this year

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:29 am

He said there's a small chance it could happen this year but that 2013 is more likely, so now he's got to defend his IBF title against one of their ranked challengers.

1, Not Rated, 2, Adonis Stevenson, 3, Edwin Rodriguez, 4, Thomas Oosthuizen, 5, Lucian Bute, 6, James DeGale, 7, Mikkell Kessler, 8, Kelly Pavlik, 9, Sakio Bika, 10, Glen Johnson,

Out of that list I want to see Pavlik or Bika.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=32754&more=1

Back to top Go down

Looks like Froch won't be facing Kessler this year Empty Re: Looks like Froch won't be facing Kessler this year

Post  kbyte Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Yeah I want Pavlik too. Could be a good fight.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Looks like Froch won't be facing Kessler this year Empty Re: Looks like Froch won't be facing Kessler this year

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:18 pm

kbyte wrote:Yeah I want Pavlik too. Could be a good fight.

Pavlik has been talking alot of smack about Froch, Kelly doesn't rate him at all and keeps talking about how Froch was losing the Taylor fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Don't care if I see a rematch this year, tho it is unfinished business for Carl. After that performance against Bute- coupled with Kessler getting legitimately decked by Green of all people- it is clear one guy has regressed while the other has progressed.

A rematch will probably be a rout by Froch.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:56 pm

This is no shocker. Boxing rarely get the best fights available. I just don't understand the Bute rematch. Bute was dominated so easily, a rematch should never have been considered. You have to worry about the mans health you know.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Diego408 wrote:This is no shocker. Boxing rarely get the best fights available. I just don't understand the Bute rematch. Bute was dominated so easily, a rematch should never have been considered. You have to worry about the mans health you know.

Lol I agree. A bute froch rematch will end up the same way

If/when froch and Kessler get it on again u up for another bet? $50 froch wins lol

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:34 pm

so boxingscene was on the money last week or week before when it had Hearn saying Froch would fight this fall, Bute in spring 2013 and Kessler next summer (possibly in a stadium).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:39 pm

captainanddew wrote:so boxingscene was on the money last week or week before when it had Hearn saying Froch would fight this fall, Bute in spring 2013 and Kessler next summer (possibly in a stadium).

It looks the most likely scenario. What u guys over the pond need to realise is that Kessler is a fucking rockstar in Denmark. He commands an extreme purse

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:44 pm

dbudge wrote:
captainanddew wrote:so boxingscene was on the money last week or week before when it had Hearn saying Froch would fight this fall, Bute in spring 2013 and Kessler next summer (possibly in a stadium).

It looks the most likely scenario. What u guys over the pond need to realise is that Kessler is a fucking rockstar in Denmark. He commands an extreme purse

I understand that. When he can fight in Denmark and make an obscene amount because of the Denmark crowd and PPV, then Froch isn't going to want to have this just be a 9000 seat fight in Nottingham in the fall. he is going to want it to be bigger and draw 15000 for a summer stadium fight.

Doesn't an extreme amount of the population, like 70% of those with tvs watch Kessler when he fights????

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:25 pm

Diego408 wrote:This is no shocker. Boxing rarely get the best fights available. I just don't understand the Bute rematch. Bute was dominated so easily, a rematch should never have been considered. You have to worry about the mans health you know.

It's contractual and Bute wants to avenge his loss, pretty simple to understand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down