The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antonio Tarver's Magic = Steroids

+7
flapanther2001
powerpuncher
SlickMoney
dmar5143
GrantZilla
Rum Capital
captainanddew
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Antonio Tarver's Magic = Steroids Empty Re: Antonio Tarver's Magic = Steroids

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:35 pm

great.

can we now say that the amount of boxers using banned substances is substantially higher than the number caught???
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:45 pm

captainanddew wrote:great.

can we now say that the amount of boxers using banned substances is substantially higher than the number caught???

Berto, Peterson and now Tarver Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:48 pm

i hope this doesn't get him in trouble with showtime. I really like him as an announcer.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Mayweather is like the Jose Canseco of boxing. When Canseco book came out about all the juicers in baseball he got nothing but shit from the baseball community and the media. Then every person he said was a juicer ended up being one.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:00 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

Mayweather is like the Jose Canseco of boxing. When Canseco book came out about all the juicers in baseball he got nothing but shit from the baseball community and the media. Then every person he said was a juicer ended up being one.

and maybe, just maybe Money was a juicer as well!!! Remember the GB letter accusing Montoya of putting out the allegation that Floyd was caught, when he never said that!!!

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:42 pm

2 things i disliked in the article.1.the fact that tarver cheated2.the gall calling that bum a future hall of famer..showtime has some soul searching to do here on this...yes hes excellent for sure but his credibilty in a way has been tarnished in that regaurd i feel..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:49 pm

dmar5143 wrote:2 things i disliked in the article.1.the fact that tarver cheated2.the gall calling that bum a future hall of famer..showtime has some soul searching to do here on this...yes hes excellent for sure but his credibilty in a way has been tarnished in that regaurd i feel..

he's supposed to be on tomorrow night. showtime has to pull him from that immediately. they can figure out the long-term future in due time.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:38 pm

The CSAC chief inspector's name is really Che Guevara?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:39 pm

SlickMoney wrote:The CSAC chief inspector's name is really Che Guevara?

good catch.....
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 pm

he got fined $2500. 2500

his purse was approximately 1.1 million.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:03 am

no wonder his name is the magic man. now we know where he gets his magic from.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:05 am

dmar5143 wrote:2 things i disliked in the article.1.the fact that tarver cheated2.the gall calling that bum a future hall of famer..showtime has some soul searching to do here on this...yes hes excellent for sure but his credibilty in a way has been tarnished in that regaurd i feel..
and dmar, there are many people nowadays that i would disagree with going into the HOF (like cotto or mosley) while most people would agree, but tarver going into the HOF would be beyond ridicolous. his claim to fame was being the first man to KO roy jones who went on to get KO'd about 100 more times after that.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:48 am

captainanddew wrote:

he's supposed to be on tomorrow night. showtime has to pull him from that immediately. they can figure out the long-term future in due time.

He will not be commentating tonight's fight. And no shocker, Tarver plans on fighting the findings.

http://tinyurl.com/6ng97mb
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:42 am

GrantZilla wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

He will not be commentating tonight's fight. And no shocker, Tarver plans on fighting the findings.

http://tinyurl.com/6ng97mb

sensible decision. I hope he just sits down with his team and decides to come clean.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:14 am

Damn it never occured to me about his commentating job.

All I want to know is why now ??? He beat Roy Jones clean but juices for Kayode, is it just Tarver being lazy in his 40's or has the testing improved vastly in the last eight years ?

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm still wondering why the USADA called of the tests for Quillen & Winky and destroyed the samples...
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:10 am

flapanther2001 wrote:I'm still wondering why the USADA called of the tests for Quillen & Winky and destroyed the samples...
..yep..more then interesting.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:54 am

Though I have no evidence to back it up, I do not beleive this is the first time Tarver used this kind of shit.

Statistics will show that criminals will have commited dozens of crimes on average before they are actually caught committing one.

Same for this. I find it very hard to beleive, just like Margs wraps, that he got busted the first time he used a banned substance.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:17 am

GrantZilla wrote:Though I have no evidence to back it up, I do not beleive this is the first time Tarver used this kind of shit.

Statistics will show that criminals will have commited dozens of crimes on average before they are actually caught committing one.

Same for this. I find it very hard to beleive, just like Margs wraps, that he got busted the first time he used a banned substance.

Agreed, he's pathetic. This guy has the audacity to criticize fighters as a commentator then gets a high profile fight on his employers network and cheats. He's an incredible piece of shit.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:13 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Though I have no evidence to back it up, I do not beleive this is the first time Tarver used this kind of shit.

Agreed, he's pathetic. This guy has the audacity to criticize fighters as a commentator then gets a high profile fight on his employers network and cheats. He's an incredible piece of shit.
i always hated tarver as a fighter. i didnt think he was that great and he was super annoying. i couldnt stand him. i surprisingly enjoyed him as a commentator. after this steroids thing, it makes me hate him again.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:19 pm

I am going to go out on a limb and say Tarver's looking for a shortcut in his old age, I'd hate to think Tarver's greatest achievement was due to steroids.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:54 pm

...good points.can you get caught the first time.sure..its like a girl saying i screwd only once and got pregnant.it happens yes...rare of course.ill tend to go with the 99.9999 stats.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:31 am

Ali wrote:

I am going to go out on a limb and say Tarver's looking for a shortcut in his old age, I'd hate to think Tarver's greatest achievement was due to steroids.
his greatest achievement really wasnt that great though so it doesnt even matter.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:57 am

Interview by Conte on Tarver. Basicially Conte says that drug Tarver used is the type you would use to purposly avoid being testive positive for it because it's fact acting and clears out of your system fast.

Also, the drug doesn't make you retain water weight like a lot of roids do. Which is the kind of drug a boxer would want so they can make weight.

http://tinyurl.com/823w773
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next